What is Everybody Reading?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm into 2 books at the moment... An old volume of a family history people from Alaska.. Titled simply ..Alaska... This book starting when Alaska was still Russian owned in 1867, and I have read up through the early 1930s so far...

The other book .. Grass Beyond The Mountain.. is about a couple of young cowboys in the early 1920s who moved to norther British Columbia to ranch.. I've carried a rifle over more kilometers of the same country than I care to talk about..

I love those kind of books too @Tim Horton
Just finished a new book by a woman I know 'He used to be me' (Anne Walsh Donnolly) which I really enjoyed. Received a nice selection for Mothers Day also - some Irish poetry and The Wendigo and other stories. I'll be dipping into them while studying. Just finished Colum McCann's 'Let the Great World Spin' for Uni, and starting on 'the Vagrants' (doing world literature) I believe its tough going so not really looking forward to it :) Hoping to get back into some recipe books- the gorse are flowering here, and I know I have a jam recipe to try.

Don’t laugh: The Wind in the Willows
Haven’t read it since I was a child- prereading it before a young friend so she can tell me about it afterwards. It has remarkable vocabulary (1908).
I am going down a rabbit hole here, but I just bought $200.00 in plants from Wind in the Willow nursery in Bethune, S.C.

Latest posts

Back