What is Everybody Reading?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife bought "Hidden History of Civil War Tennessee" for me for Christmas.
Not sure what to read after that. I've loaded a bunch of stuff on my Kindle. Thinking about trying "The Illiad", never read that before.

Changed my mind on my next book. Gonna read "Death in the A Shau Valley". Its a story about LRPS in Vietnam.

Changed my mind on my next book. Gonna read "Death in the A Shau Valley". Its a story about LRPS in Vietnam.
Oh my! The Country Kitchen by Della Lutes is one of the funniest things I’ve read since Hoosier School Master - that was good too by the way.
(I like old words better than modern ones).

I bet you two would really enjoy reading 'Washington'. It is a real page turned about the Washington era ,the wars he was in,etc..What some of those soldiers went through is amazing and just what was going on at the time.
The book is 800 pages long so it took me about a week to read it 15 or 20 yr.ago.
There are several books on him but this is the one I read.

1609257175846.png

I bet you two would really enjoy reading 'Washington'. It is a real page turned about the Washington era ,the wars he was in,etc..What some of those soldiers went through is amazing and just what was going on at the time.
The book is 800 pages long so it took me about a week to read it 15 or 20 yr.ago.
There are several books on him but this is the one I read.

View attachment 55850

I have one on Washington I haven't read. But don't think thats it. Bet it is good.

Decided to start a second book and go back and forth for a while.
Book 1: Death in the A Shau Valley
Book 2: Secret Socities and Subversive Movements Nesta Webster
I don’t think I could do both of those at the same time. I would have to choose one and have a second book on how to grow pretty poppies or some such thing.

I may end up sticking with one. Ill see what hds my attention the best. I don't have a lot of time to read normally, so I usually don't get bogged down to bad. Both are historical and I do enjoy that a lot. I tend to read more fiction than anything else, so tryin to work on that

I am still reading the same book from before Christmas - not tons of reading time unless I wasn't on here 😱
But I'm getting quite the stack I need to read: "Eat Right for Your (blood) Type" - probably not everybody's choice but was leant to me. I will read for my blood type. The other one I have waiting is "Christ of the Celts" which sounds fascinating to me. And as if that wasn't enough, I just ordered "Root Cellaring" which I've read before but wanted as a resource if it hits the fan so to speak. And ordered with it was "Ways of Old: Traditional Life in Ireland." Didn't realize until I was typing this that two of the four are Irish themed. Will have to let you know as soon as I finish this one which really is good.

Mike and Nancy Bubel

And I know what you mean. I've not made great progress lately either.
Nancy Bybel has a book on flowers with a section on edible flowers.
Sorry, do not remember the tilte, it is in with a million other books I have.

I have been doing the audio book of Atlas Shrugged.

We have gotten past the anti dog eat dog and Hank and Dagny chilling that they are both producers.

The Sans Sobatian mine has shown to be fruitless. Dagny is on her way to see Fransisco but on the way remembers her relationship with him...

Am I spoiling the book?

Ben

We have gotten past the anti dog eat dog and Hank and Dagny chilling that they are both producers.

The Sans Sobatian mine has shown to be fruitless. Dagny is on her way to see Fransisco but on the way remembers her relationship with him...

Am I spoiling the book?

Ben
No, not for me.

Am I spoiling the book?

Ben
Dagny meets with Fransisco and is left mystified why he has apparently changed.

At Hank Reardon's anniversary party there many interesting conversations including Fransico talking with Hank about the issues troubling him but leaving Hank to his own thoughts.

Dagny exchanges her diamond bracelet for the Reardon metal bracelet.

The ministry of science tries to buy out Hank for Reardon metal but Hank refused to sell out his escenence for money (note this)

An article from the ministry of science in the media calls into question Reardon metal. Tanks Taggert stocks.

Dagny visits the head of the ministry of science and is schooled with navigating popular culture and true science. This is pertinent to today.

The trio of Fransico, the pirate and John Galt is established but not named.

Ben

Latest posts

Back