What Is Going Around Making People Sick?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Hubby is very sick with chest cold that started as head cold. My Georgia friends whole family is sick and been to doctor.
I told hubby to get antibiotics but he won't go to dr.
be careful this stuff whatever it is is really bad. I may be off line more takign care of him ,animals and everythign else.

We are in GA and my wife has it. She got sick quite a while ago and the cough aspect just wont go away. I got sick before her but no lasting effects. Wet cough and she feels fine otherwise but she can tell she is definitely still fighting something off.

As most of you know, my best friend is a Trauma Surgeon , and is a Super Doctor,

He is telling me that people are getting pneumonia from this sickness and then taking the wrong antibiotics and are dying.

Be very careful. I almost died back in Feb with double pneumonia , he saved me.
it takes a special antibiotic for pneumonia.

Jim

I wonder if he would take turmeric capsules. They helped me clear up where a tooth was trying to get possibly infected. Take care of yourself, too.

Thanks Angie, I have the powder maybe he can take some of that. He is also drinking plenty of organic orange and apple juice. We think the apple juice is even better than orange, been using it for decades now for colds . And of course chicken soup. I bought store brand till I can try out some of the recipe's yall gave me.

We are in GA and my wife has it. She got sick quite a while ago and the cough aspect just wont go away. I got sick before her but no lasting effects. Wet cough and she feels fine otherwise but she can tell she is definitely still fighting something off.

CBL, I don't know what it is but it is really bad. So far I haven't caught it from him it gets really bad when both of us are done. Hope all get well soon.

K had this at Thanksgiving and Roo got it last week. Both spent a lot of time sleeping and eating broths. K was over it in time to go back to work on Monday and Roo was good to go in a few days.

Our doctor told us it is a strain of the flu and is hitting everyone very hard. This is not the strain they are vaccinating for this year.

The flu is really hitting hard this year- and we are seeing people who are getting bacterial pneumonia on top of the flu. Antibiotics won't help flu, but they will help pneumonia! Get your flu shot and your pneumovax/prevnar (if you are old enough!) and see a doctor if you are not better in a day or two! Drink lots of water, too!

Last time the flu hit me like that I was pregnant...! Just saying...! ;)

As most of you know, my best friend is a Trauma Surgeon , and is a Super Doctor,

He is telling me that people are getting pneumonia from this sickness and then taking the wrong antibiotics and are dying.

Jim

I had a bacterial pneumonia back in Sept. Never really felt sick, just felt like a never ending asthma attack. 4 different prescriptions before it cleared up. It was exhausting and kept me on the couch for 3 weeks.

The flu is really hitting hard this year- and we are seeing people who are getting bacterial pneumonia on top of the flu. Antibiotics won't help flu, but they will help pneumonia! Get your flu shot and your pneumovax/prevnar (if you are old enough!) and see a doctor if you are not better in a day or two! Drink lots of water, too!
How old do you have to be for that shot?

I had a bacterial pneumonia back in Sept. Never really felt sick, just felt like a never ending asthma attack. 4 different prescriptions before it cleared up. It was exhausting and kept me on the couch for 3 weeks.
He told me, one more day and I would have been in ICU on a ventilator.

I had to breathe warm mist for 10 minutes every hour for 2 days then every 2 hrs, then 4...until I could breathe normal.

Jim

He told me, one more day and I would have been in ICU on a ventilator.

I had to breathe warm mist for 10 minutes every hour for 2 days then every 2 hrs, then 4...until I could breathe normal.

Jim

Doc said she was glad I had asthma. I felt fine and had no idea I had pneumonia until I had an asthma attack. That's actually what I went to the Dr for. She said I had no air sounds at all and would have fallen over soon and most likely ended up in ICU. I spent a lot of time on my nebulizer.

The CDC recommends that individuals ages 2 through 64 years should receive Pneumovax 23 if they meet any of the following criteria:
  • Cigarette smokers 19 years of age and older
  • Individuals with chronic liver disease
  • Candidates for or recipients of cochlear implants
  • Individuals with immunocompromising conditions
  • Those who have received an organ transplant
  • Individuals with chronic conditions like diabetes, COPD, heart disease, renal failure or nephrotic syndrome.
The CDC also recommends that individuals older than 65 years should receive Pneumovax 23, even if they have received a dose of another vaccine for pneumonia.

Who should receive the Prevnar 13 vaccination?

The CDC recommends that individuals should receive Prevnar 13 if they meet any of the following criteria:

• Adults 65 years of age and older
  • Adults 19 to 64 years of age who have not previously received a dose of Prevnar 13 and have an immunocompromising condition, asplenia, a cerebrospinal fluid leak, or a cochlear implant
  • Infants and children 6 weeks of age and older
(https://www.goodrx.com/blog/pneumovax-and-prevnar-vaccinations-for-pneumonia-what-is-the-difference/)

I wonder if he would take turmeric capsules. They helped me clear up where a tooth was trying to get possibly infected. Take care of yourself, too.
I take a Turmeric capsule every day for inflammation. Works good!

K had this at Thanksgiving and Roo got it last week. Both spent a lot of time sleeping and eating broths. K was over it in time to go back to work on Monday and Roo was good to go in a few days.
Of course!

Our doctor told us it is a strain of the flu and is hitting everyone very hard. This is not the strain they are vaccinating for this year.

Jim

We were in town tending to business yesterday and I ask him to go to dr while we were there, he said he was too sick to go to dr.:rolleyes::confused:. He was in the cold rain unhooking camper we sold [ thank goodness,didn't need it] . Plus I had the thing so loaded down you'd thought Lucy Arnez packed,so I worked whats left of my butt off unloading the damn thing and he helped some with that too.
So now he is even sicker, still won't go to dr.:mad:

Jim

Do you remember the kind of antibiotics you got?

Mom has had a cold since Thanksgiving Sunday, went to dr last week and got a steroid shot and a round of pretizone. she has turned around quick. She ALWAYS ends up with the steroids due to lung issues. She can't get past a cold without them. Sounded much better today.

Thanks will keep this in mind.

We don't take and never have taken flu shots, not sure if good idea or not.

Thanks Dr Pep. I just hope I don't catch it from him both of us sick is not a good thing!

Mom has had a cold since Thanksgiving Sunday, went to dr last week and got a steroid shot and a round of pretizone. she has turned around quick. She ALWAYS ends up with the steroids due to lung issues. She can't get past a cold without them. Sounded much better today.
I didn't know this but we seldom go to dr so will ask dr about it if I can get him to go. Being smokers for over 50 yr.s is very dangerous getting flu.

I take a Turmeric capsule every day for inflammation. Works good!

I take aspirin quite often ,a couple times a week. I don't take any prescriptions at all just aspirin but will take antibiotics if needed. I would if needed though, so far I refuse most BPO meds, and coloesterol meds won't even touch those thigns.

I didn't see anyone mention that the chances are high they missed it on the flu shots this year. They've been watching Australia and found that the flu vaccine this year has only been about 10% effective.

I have an ill husband and these reports are a serious concern to me.

I didn't see anyone mention that the chances are high they missed it on the flu shots this year. They've been watching Australia and found that the flu vaccine this year has only been about 10% effective.

I have an ill husband and these reports are a serious concern to me.

Me too. Never gto flu shot since 1975 when they first came out. I'm not sure they work that good, plus the shot itself can make you sick. They say not as sick but don't want no does if I ain't got one. I heard on news 14 nurses were fired for not taking flu shot. I take tetnus but now the clowns have put something else in the shot so may not ever take another one of those either. I don't trust big pharma anymore.

Jim

JIm what kind of anti was it? I'd like to know so we don't get wrong one once he goes to dr if he goes.

JIm what kind of anti was it? I'd like to know so we don't get wrong one once he goes to dr if he goes.
Probably Zosyn.

Me too. Never gto flu shot since 1975 when they first came out. I'm not sure they work that good, plus the shot itself can make you sick. They say not as sick but don't want no does if I ain't got one. I heard on news 14 nurses were fired for not taking flu shot. I take tetnus but now the clowns have put something else in the shot so may not ever take another one of those either. I don't trust big pharma anymore.
I get the flu shots, have for years until about six years ago. I kept getting the flu and being laid out. Finally they brought out a more effective vaccine for seniors, since I started getting them again three years ago I haven't contracted the flu.

I just hope I can say the same for this year.

I get the flu shots, have for years until about six years ago. I kept getting the flu and being laid out. Finally they brought out a more effective vaccine for seniors, since I started getting them again three years ago I haven't contracted the flu.

I just hope I can say the same for this year.

I'm afriad of them, my MIL got one every year for many years and most people I know get them. But I've never had but one and scaired it may be bad since I have no build up for them.
I've had the flu 2 times in past 40 years and both times I was REAL sick.Last time 2003.

Never had a flu shot. Figured I had better odds guessing the right number on the roulette then the "Experts" guessing what stain of flu their inoculations should be based on.

Can't remember the last time I was sick. Cheeseburgers and ice cream is the secret to a healthy life...

Never had a flu shot. Figured I had better odds guessing the right number on the roulette then the "Experts" guessing what stain of flu their inoculations should be based on.

Can't remember the last time I was sick. Cheeseburgers and ice cream is the secret to a healthy life...
Total isolation helps too.

Latest posts

Back