What is it thread

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Anybody got an item they aren't sure what it is?

I do, here's mine.
Found this in the old farm house we bought and are now living in.
I'm not sure about what it is .
Have a few thoughts on what it could be , but not sure.
Ok, y'all tell me about it.
IMG_20211206_184547775.jpg
IMG_20211206_184621977.jpg
IMG_20211206_184615217.jpg
IMG_20211206_184606005.jpg
IMG_20211206_184639549.jpg
IMG_20211206_184631513_MP.jpg
IMG_20211206_185403462.jpg
IMG_20211206_184631513_MP.jpg
IMG_20211206_184639549.jpg
IMG_20211206_184606005.jpg
IMG_20211206_184615217.jpg
IMG_20211206_184621977.jpg
IMG_20211206_184547775.jpg

I think the printing is Lagermeifer with a big buck with huge antlers and a cross between the antlers.

Jim

It will sit or lay perfectly in any position.
Wife said , candle snuffer.

Jim
I woulda thought it was the bell you ring when someone says something that is BS. :rolleyes:
I could use one of those sometime.

Now I want some Jager.
Gross. Back in college I was a bartender in a country nightclub. Jager shots were the #1 cause of drunken projectile vomit events. Ever clean that off the back of a nightclub toilet stall? I can't even smell Jager without getting queasy.

I can't use Original Green Death Flavored Nyquil anymore either because it tastes and smell like Jager...

Ha. The trick is to drink a shot and then drink some water.
Or better yet, drink one of the other 200 kinds of booze that doesn't taste like that tonic your mom used to give you in a tablespoon when you were a kid.
"Guaranteed to quiet the cough in any child! :thumbs:"
Well, no kidding!:rolleyes:
He's hiding in the barn now.:(
You won't hear a thing.

Ha. The trick is to drink a shot and then drink some water.
I would rather do a shot of Buffalo Sweat. Ever hear of that one? It's where you take the rubber mat that the bartender pours drinks on, and you tip it up and pour off all the booze that got spilled on the mat during the evening. It goes in a shot glass and you top it off with a dash of Tabasco sauce. Bottoms up!

Or, we invented one to get rid of customers we didn't like. We named it Liquid Ass. It was 1/2 Rumpleminze, 100 proof peppermint schnapps. The other 1/2 was Mad Jack, 100 proof black licorice liquor. We would give it out for free if somebody was being a drunken A-hole. Guaranteed to make you puke on the first try. Until we had an ornery drunk who sucked it down and demanded another one. That was a long night...

OK, come on guys. Jager is not very strong. Really shouldn't make you puke. Is better than Buffalo Sweat.
Don't be a wuss.
It's not the alcohol. It's the taste, smell, and thick texture. Plus it's so sweet that the young pups will do eight Jager Bombs and not even realize how much alcohol they've taken in. Then the hammer comes down and they're face down in a pile of vomit.

They're wusses. Sissy boys.
Sorry you had to clean up after them.
But everyone has had that "drink" that sent them that way.
For me it's margeritas. Never again.
I don't know. I used to be able to kill a fifth of Jim Beam in one night and not get sick, but a couple Jager shots would make me queasy. I never puked from it, but I sure wouldn't drink it again...

They're wusses. Sissy boys.
Sorry you had to clean up after them.
But everyone has had that "drink" that sent them that way.
For me it's margeritas. Never again.
My DW drinks margaritas and she doesn't even drink.
I don't drink it for 3 reasons:
1. They contain tequila which has a built-in auto-erase function. You wake up in the camp house and the first words out of your buddy's mouth is: "You don't remember what you did last night, doya?"
And you look down at all the mud on your pants and have no idea how it got there :oops:.
2. It contains so much citric acid that even if I make it to lying down, I have acid-reflux so bad you could etch gold plates with it.
3. Since it is made in slush format it can be made so strong, your frozen tastebuds will never know.gaah

Of course, I do like whispering in DW's ear the next morning: "Do you remember how much wild fun we had last night?"😉
All she ever says is: "I need Tylenol!!!...and where are my clothes?"

Last edited:
My DW drinks margaritas and she doesn't even drink.
I don't drink it for 3 reasons:
1. They contain tequila which has a built-in auto-erase function. You wake up in the camp house and the first words out of your buddy's mouth is: "You don't remember what you did last night, doya?"
And you look down at all the mud on your pants and have no idea how it got there :oops:.
2. It contains so much citric acid that even if I make it to lying down, I have acid-reflux so bad you could etch gold plates with it.
3. Since it is made in slush format it can be made so strong, your frozen tastebuds will never know.gaah

Of course I do like whispering in DW's ear the next morning: "Do you remember how much wild fun we had last night?"😉
All she ever says is: "I need Tylenol!!!...and where are my clothes?"
You know that song, "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off"?🤣

Tequila, specifically Jose Cuervo, turns me into a horn dog. I hit on everything that moves. I mean everything! If I've been shooting Cuervo and I stand by a fish tank, the fish will stop swimming..

I have not heard one thing about Jeagermeister that would make me want to try it. That said my Kryptonite drink was Manhattans. I always blamed it on the Sweet Vermouth, because I never had that issue when I drank bourbon by itself. The combination (bourbon and sweet vermouth) just flat out knocked my hat in the creek. I don't think I remembered what planet I was on. I haven't had one in forty years, and don't plan on having one for the next forty years.

Mine is Irish Whiskey, Bushkill specifically. Used to about all I drank. That said I have never been a heavy drinker as in everyday, but I would turn loose at times. Anyway the last time I drank it I drank way too much and lost every cookie I had eaten. Still can't even stand the smell of it now.

Latest posts

Back