What is that big prep item that you've held off getting?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have a generator and a backup solar system, trouble is that after the SHTF, the generator could be heard and the solar system seen, even though it 's behind the house, actually it's best to be able to live without power altogether, trouble is that most of us are spoiled due to electricity being so readily available. We kicked in prepping at nearly full throttle when Obama first got in, we saw the writing on the wall and what we are not seeing available in the stores, that just shows us we were not wrong, we feel bad for those that are just now starting to prep, costs have more than doubled. Anything we get for prepping now days, we call it topping off.

Well I have a generator and a backup solar system, trouble is that after the SHTF, the generator could be heard and the solar system seen, even though it 's behind the house, actually it's best to be able to live without power altogether, trouble is that most of us are spoiled due to electricity being so readily available. We kicked in prepping at nearly full throttle when Obama first got in, we saw the writing on the wall and what we are not seeing available in the stores, that just shows us we were not wrong, we feel bad for those that are just now starting to prep, costs have more than doubled. Anything we get for prepping now days, we call it topping off.
I agree Vik. I was just mentioning that to Hubby this morning. It’s better to figure out how to not need it. (My opinion). If you have at least temporary power, you could get what’s in the freezer canned before it spoiled.

I've thought about this for so long, I've prepped, squirreled things away piled stuff up my entire adult life. I have decided 90% of it really doesn't matter, it's your knowledge, your grit and your strength that will pull you through. That extra gallon of gas for a generator really isn't going to do you much good in a world altering event. I'm not saying don't be prepared I'm saying more than anything else prepare yourself.

allow me to repeat.

If we organize our local communities quickly we can stand against the roaming hoards. Gangs on foot carrying supplies and weapons can only move about 7 miles a day. With time they grow weaker due to lack food and contaminated water.

After a month or so the threat of the unprepared drops off. If we stay under the radar for a month, our focus can turn to rebuilding, first our tribe, then our community and building from there.

Ben

allow me to repeat.

If we organize our local communities quickly we can stand against the roaming hoards. Gangs on foot carrying supplies and weapons can only move about 7 miles a day. With time they grow weaker due to lack food and contaminated water.

After a month or so the threat of the unprepared drops off. If we stay under the radar for a month, our focus can turn to rebuilding, first our tribe, then our community and building from there.

Ben
I don’t know if I’d trust my local community. As nice as some are, I don’t want to wake up dead and all that I’ve saved being sold or traded to benefit someone else. I think we need to start a convoy and be Sourdough’s new neighbors.😊
All joking aside, yes, staying put and making the best of what we have, where we are, is the safest bet. And trying to work with others is necessary.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back