What is the best implement paint?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For spray paint, I'd just go with the cheapest I can find at box or discount stores.

Myself, I quit using paint for implements and switched to Fluid Film. Never looked back.
https://www.fluid-film.com/

It's a lanolin based corrosion protector and lubricant. It's got about a million different uses. I use it for implements, mower decks, vehicle undercoating, rust preventative, anything you would have used WD-40 or light oil on... I looked the other day at some implements that are outside I sprayed 2 years ago. Not a spec of rust on them.

For light duty or quick shots, I use the aerosol. If I'm undercoating, doing big implements or mower decks, I use the stuff in the gallon jug. There's different spray guns available (at places like e-bay) so you can attach to a compressor and spray as opposed to painting it on using a paint brush or cloth.

When buying by the gallon or larger, make sure it says NAS (non-aerosol spray). The aerosol version is thin and used for light applications. The NAS is much thicker.

Latest posts

Back