What is this plant?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVDragonlady

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I hope someone knows what this plant is because it has taken over the yard. It is everywhere. It grows in shade and sun and it like a carpet.
If you look close in the one picture it has tiny light blue flowers when it blooms. It is in all my planters even the big ones outside the fence that are 4 ft tall. 😲 I know its not purslane but have no idea what it is.

house remodel 003.JPG
house remodel 004.JPG
house remodel 006.JPG

@dademoss I've been trying to figure what plant it is but the only thing I can find similar is carpetweed. And I'm not sure thats even it.

@WVDragonlady how many petals on those tiny blooms? I can't see it in the photo. Also can you photo a single stalk of the plant laid flat on a table or something like that. I can tell the leaves are opposite but the location of the bloom to the leaves would be helpful... Also... Are those tiny stripes in the petals? Also... is the center of the bloom yellow, surrounded by white and then blue?

Chickweed blooms are always white... so you can rule that out as well as carpet weed.

Sorry, missed your post...

I agree it may be chichweed, we called it 40 knoch or 40 knot weed, it would fan out & keep weed pressure down, but it was a weed too.
Wait those are not white??

Latest posts

Back