What is this tree?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way folks, I have eaten a north American plum. Let me tell you, for being as small as they are, they are the best tasting plums that I have ever eaten. They are also the only plum native to north America. They are about the size of a golf ball but they pack a punch. If I were to plant an orchard these would be in it.

Good to know! We have two stands of them on our farm, and we've been working on freeing them from the honeysuckle (grrr) so they have a chance. But the animals beat us to the fruit, so we have no idea how they actually taste.

Good to know! We have two stands of them on our farm, and we've been working on freeing them from the honeysuckle (grrr) so they have a chance. But the animals beat us to the fruit, so we have no idea how they actually taste.
Use to smell honeysuckle all the time, not so much now.Wish we could take ssome off your hands Gosher.

Use to smell honeysuckle all the time, not so much now.Wish we could take ssome off your hands Gosher.

I would gladly share it with you!

I used to love the smell of honeysuckle, it was my favorite. But at our house it was taking over our woods, and more. (The bush variety) We worked like demons to remove it and when we did, our woods looked like the woods used to look when I was a child - seeing it really got me, I hadn’t realized how much our woods had changed over the years.

Now at our farm we have the Japanese honeysuckle (a vine) - this stuff destroys so much and I haven’t figured out a way to control it. No matter how pretty it is, it’s got to go before we lose all our other plants.

Latest posts

Back