What is your favorite coffee?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Intense French whole bean coffee from Cameron Coffee. It's a Minnesota company.

For those of you with Keurig's, Cameron Coffee uses "Eco-Pods" for all of their coffee varieties. Eco-Pods use no plastic and are 100% compostable.

1655749964631.png

We do blends around here. DD mixed with something else is good. We sometimes get roasted beans from friends which we grind and mix in, and we sometimes have to mix in other commercial stuff. We generally do not like flavored coffees.

I would like to have the tools, supply chain and knowledge to roast my own beans.

I loved some organic whole bean dark roast from Costco. Only 2 cups in the morning. Or if I was on the toad I woukd stop at Flying J and get there fresh ground organic dark roast. Did you notice I said loved. Had high bp, couldnt figure out why, sure enough coffee. Missed it for awhile, now not so much.

Chock full o' Nuts brand, their New York Roast. I brew it strong, drink it black, no sugar. It's coffee coffee.
There ya' go! :thumbs:
Been drinking this daily since 1984:
1500-600x600-Product_Front-16_oz-Dark_Roast.png

Like @VThillman 's coffee, it ain't for wimps.:oops:
You won't like it, but I can assure you, it is highly addictive.

When I used to drink coffee every day, I'd buy the regular Yuban, it was alright when brewed fresh... but I like dark roasts and espresso and all that stuff too. Definitely NOT a soy latte or pumpkin spice latte kinda guy, lol. I used to joke with other truck drivers about 'retirement' in the transportation industry... ;)

That's when ya drive 1000 miles, get tired, drink about a quart of triple espresso, drive another 500 miles, and get tired again... you've "RETIRED!!!" :oops:

Just as I pour the second cup, I must check that there is "NO" obstructions to the outhouse, and no really large bears.

I drink Kroger coffee.
I went to a Starbucks with my teenage daughter.
II ordered a small black coffee & the girl just stared at me & my daughter spoke a foreign Language & I got my small black coffee.

Seattle's Best and Dunkin Donuts both provide a reliable cup, when I can find them.
When I travel I bring small filters and my own coffee. Most hotels provide a coffee maker but the in-room coffee is ****.

Last edited:
Favorite is......Dunkin'Donuts

I like DD coffee myself, I really like the flavor. I have tried here at home to get the same and cannot, it's disappointing.

I drink Kroger coffee.
I went to a Starbucks with my teenage daughter.
II ordered a small black coffee & the girl just stared at me & my daughter spoke a foreign Language & I got my small black coffee.
I don’t know how to order at Starbucks. I don’t know the difference between a latte, macchiato, mocha, etc.
The first time I ever went into one, I stared at the menu for about 5 minutes and just walked out.

Maxwell House.
Man, when you drive by their plant in Jacksonville while they are roasting beans……….
Heavenly.
And coming from South Florida, with its Cuban coffee, Bustelo or any other brand made by Rowland Roasters. Such as their Brazilian, or Cafe La Lave.
I’ll throw a scoop or two in with my Maxwell House.

I don’t know how to order at Starbucks. I don’t know the difference between a latte, macchiato, mocha, etc.
The first time I ever went into one, I stared at the menu for about 5 minutes and just walked out.

I seldom go to Starbucks, but when I did, I ordered Coffee coffee. No jamoca, almond, cinnamon, hazelnut, carmel BS, which I call foo foo coffee. I want Coffee coffee. Hot, Black and Strong. If you want all of that crap in it plus milk and whipped cream etc. why don't you go to Baskin Robbins and get a milk shake. Foo foo coffee isn't coffee.

One think I miss about working from home. I have a very close friend at work who claims to be a caffeine based life form. He made coffee every day, and it was all GREAT. I even liked the chicory coffee. I will miss that when I retire.

I quit patronizing Starbucks when they stated they did not want anyone carrying guns in their stores.
And when they said Trump voters were not welcome at all, well that did it for me.

Back