What is your favorite coffee?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Down to 1 cup a day :(. Costco "Pacific Bold" in the Keurig.
Ditto. Except I usually suck down two cups of it per day.

pacificbold.png

There are other coffees that I might occasionally like a little better, however, the Costco price on this stuff makes it my primary choice.

I add this flavored creamer to it:

creamer.png

I quit patronizing Starbucks when they stated they did not want anyone carrying guns in their stores.
And when they said Trump voters were not welcome at all, well that did it for me.
When they said they didn't want my business if I believed in the traditional family, that was a bridge too far for me.

I don’t know how to order at Starbucks. I don’t know the difference between a latte, macchiato, mocha, etc.
The first time I ever went into one, I stared at the menu for about 5 minutes and just walked out.
You're lucky, you saved yourself from overpaying for a crapy cup of coffee.

We were driving across New York one night, stopped at one of the plazas for a quick break. We both got a cup of Starbucks swill and proceeded back to the car. We made it as far as the trash can outside the entrance, in it went, that stuff was horrible. Never had it before and not interested since, lol.

Chock full o' Nuts brand, their New York Roast. I brew it strong, drink it black, no sugar. It's coffee coffee.
Chock full nuts, paid us to make their coffee & package it for a few years.
Then they crunched the numbers & built their own coffee plants.

My "favorite" coffee is the stuff in my cup.

Wondering if their Original roast is theirs or yours.
Yes, KFN would tell us what to blend & how to roast their coffee.
We did a forgers contract, because their new plant was being built & they could not package all their orders. Forgers shipped the coffee to us, so we would not know what the blend was, we roasted it & packaged it.
The new plant was finished & now they do all their own coffee packaging.
To my knowledge ALL coffee is blended, none is a straight type of coffee bean.

Yes, KFN would tell us what to blend & how to roast their coffee.
We did a forgers contract, because their new plant was being built & they could not package all their orders. Forgers shipped the coffee to us, so we would not know what the blend was, we roasted it & packaged it.
The new plant was finished & now they do all their own coffee packaging.
To my knowledge ALL coffee is blended, none is a straight type of coffee bean.
I've seen coffee advertised as "all Arabica". Is that a more general typing than what you are referring to?

I've seen coffee advertised as "all Arabica". Is that a more general typing than what you are referring to?
No Arabica is the most poplar type of coffee bean, there are many different Arabica beans. Like more than one sour cherry, or many sweet cherries, as well the wild tiny black cherries.

https://www.eliteworldhotels.com.tr...countries-and-their-characteristics.3373.aspx
FOR COFFEE LOVERS: 7 DIFFERENT TYPES OF COFFEE BEANS FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES AND THEIR CHARACTERISTICS
kahve çekirdekleri

Coffee! The savior of tired moments, the drink that attracts us with its fragrance and taste! Coffee has been in our lives for 1200- 1300 years, but it feels as if it was one of the oldest drinks in human history. So much so that coffee is grown in around 70 countries. In recent years, interest in coffee has also increased in our country. But, how many of us really know what we are drinking? How many coffee bean types are there and what are their characteristics? Let us offer you an incisive look into the issue...

Main types of coffee beans
kahve çekirdeği türleri

First of all, there are 3 main types of coffee beans. The names of these coffee beans are Robusta, Liberica and Arabica. There are also sub-types of these beans. But these are the main bean types. These types of beans take on different flavors while they are being processed and harvested.
  • Liberica: Liberica is a low yield type of coffee compared to Arabica and Robusta.
  • Robusta: This type of coffee, which contains 2.5% more caffeine than other types, has a pretty strong taste.
  • Arabica: This coffee bean with low caffeine and a smoother taste is aromatic and delicious. 80% of the coffee in the world is produced from these types of beans.
We have covered so far three main types of beans. Now it’s time to learn the characteristics of these coffee beans according to countries. Because tens of factors, such as temperature and height, affect the flavor of the coffee beans.

Vietnam - Robusta

I'm not picky either. I'll buy whatever's on sale.....store brand, Folgers, Maxwell House, Hills Bros., etc. The Maxwell House is my least favorite, but I'll drink it. Most of it tastes the same to me anyways, but the Maxwell House is ground finer and I often get grit at the bottom of the pot, so I won't drink it to the last drop. A few cups of hot black coffee in the AM and that's it for me, until the next morning. I never could understand the appeal of ice coffee.

I never could understand the appeal of ice coffee.
I couldn't either. Until my elderly piano teacher (may she R.I.P.) who I used to visit weekly (after piano lessons ended due to covid) offered me some of the stuff below during our visits. It's not half bad. Not half good either. Kind of an in-between that I'd drink socially if offered. I wouldn't call it exactly "coffee". It's relationship to coffee is kind of like a turkey burger's relationship to a hamburger. If you put a turkey burger in your mouth expecting it to taste like a hamburger, you will be sorely disappointed. But if you accept it as something that will be different, they aren't bad (at least not the good ones - there are some pretty yucky turkey burgers out there though, so you have to be choosy).

I like the Mocha one the best. When first sipping it (recommended: "sipping" over "drinking"), you'll probably say, "Hey! Who put coffee in my chocolate milk?"

icedcoffee.png

I'm not picky either. I'll buy whatever's on sale.....store brand, Folgers, Maxwell House, Hills Bros.,
I am lucky, the cheapest coffee is one I like, but drink a lot of different coffee at restaurant & Waffle House. Waffle house for breakfast, if the DW or I am not cooking. So I can drink just about anything standard coffee, if I do not have what I like.

Starbucks is garbage coffee. Absolutely disgusting. Scooter's sucks too. There's a chain from Minnesota called Caribou thats not bad, and worth trying if you can find it in the bag in a store.

But far and away the best I've ever found, bar none, is Black Rifle coffee company's "Just Black" medium blend. That's my go to. If you are a caffeine freak, they have a blend called "CAF" which stands for "Caffeinated As ****" that is pretty good, but you will be able to levitate and speak to your dead relatives after a couple mugs of it. It's a bit too much for me.

Hands down, Tim Horton's.

I am 65 and I have found none better.

You can purchase the ground coffee at
walmart.com and the whole beans at samsclub.com.

I get the whole beans and put them through a burr grinder set on espresso and run it through a regular drip coffee maker. The fineness of the espresso grind kicks the flavor of the finished coffee WAY up.

Last edited:
Has anyone here tried Black Rifle Coffee? People say it's good but even though I can afford it, I don't want to spend $15 a pound for something and find out I don't like it.

Latest posts

Back