What is your special talent or ability?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly that - if nobody cares what they eat, I threaten them with hay for supper. Ornery I know.

My father came in from plowing a very dusty field & said" Make the tea, before I get mad & will not have it."
Mother never stopped make the tea, but said" Go ahead then I will not have to make it."

If you complained about a meal you did the dishes, you were going to do the dishes once a week anyways.
Mother said she was not dumping dumb men on the world, nor girls for that matter.

I prefer a weekly meal plan, because it makes my job easier. If I don't have one, husband calls about 7:30 a.m., on his way to work, and asks, "Can we have ______?" Usually I'll make whatever he wants. When I was working, he had to pick up a lot of take out. Problem with menu plan, especially if they include a special diet he's on that's bleech. By 4:30, that plan goes out the window and something else is suggested. Now retired, I like knowing what I'm preparing first thing in the morning. I usually do the prep work ahead of time.
When I first moved to Colorado, I struggled to make my paycheck last for the month until I got paid again. I made a menu for the month and did as much shopping as I could at the first of the month so that we would have food to make it through the month. There was a pot of soup each week in cooler weather.

I've gotten pretty good at not putting up with anybody's crap.
Boom
I'm good with my old sewing machine (I've made clothing, Roman shades, reupholstered cushions), embroidery; cook to suit dietary and physical needs (seems like a lot of people eat out but I'd rather not).
I used to have an excellent sense of direction back where I used to live, too, @Peanut. Here I don't get lost, but my polar sense of direction is not on point here. I think I'll move.
Peanut, you're an excellent resource for herbal knowledge.

I am pretty good at irritating people as well. I think I was meant to be a hermit and live in a cave.

I can do portions pretty much exact without weighing or measuring. I also have an excellent sense of direction. I may not know where I am, but I can always get where I need to go if I have been in the vicinity of it once upon a time. I can also see quite well in the dark if there is no light. Light messes up my night vision something awful. I don't use flashlights unless I am looking under the sofa; never to find my way around. I wear sunglasses at night to drive on busy roads.

Latest posts

Back