WHAT Medical shots do Old-old-old Male Humans "NEED"....???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
What "medical" shots/injection should very old people get....??? Anything you can think of, my Primary Care Person can cull the list. Maybe "shingles"......??? Rabies......???

Think of this as "LAST" chance before catastrophic SHTF.

Shingles, pneumococcal (good for 5 years and wards against pneumonia).
Tetanus (this is a biggie. They are good for 10 years). Check your hepatitis titers and make sure you have immunity. If not, re-do the series.

Plus or minus flu and covid shots, they provide temporary protection.

What "medical" shots/injection should very old people get....??? Anything you can think of, my Primary Care Person can cull the list. Maybe "shingles"......??? Rabies......???
Shingles are a horrible annoyance, but never life threatening. I've had 'em.
Pneumonia kills many old people every day :confused:.
If you go into the hospital for a respiratory problem, there is a 50% chance you will get it there.
The only problem is, there are 3 different shots for it because there are 3 different strains of pneumonia.:mad:
My other suggestion is the DTAP, which is a 3-in-1 that protects you from 3 common diseases that can be deadly.
But buckle your seatbelt! Here come the people that will scream: "Don't never get no shots, ever, for nothing!!!"gaah
Edit: Disclaimer: **This thread does not contain medical advice, only opinion**

Last edited:
yes, the DTAP is the one that has tetanus, and the diptheria/pertussis protection is an added benefit.
I've had all sorts of shots - especially while travelling overseas. Haven't grown a 3rd eye yet. 😄

THANKS..........keep them coming, I know close to zero about this. I have to go about 124 miles to get this stuff.

THANKS..........keep them coming, I know close to zero about this. I have to go about 124 miles to get this stuff.
I believe we need to think about this some more because you live in such a remote location and have very limited person-to-person contact, the danger from contagious stuff is likely much less.
Take polio as an example, it was wiped out of the US long ago.
The only way you could possibly encounter it would be if you ran across an illegal immigrant from a 3rd-world unvaccinated country, which is impossible, because we have such secure borders, (waita minute, I gotta check that :rolleyes:).
We probably need to think more about what is a danger to somebody living "out there".

Last edited:
The VA has over the last few visits offered pneumonia, and shingles.
I took both.
Someone mentioned hepatitis. I have anti bodies for Hep A, B, & C. The VA tested me for the Hep C virus, came back negative.

ive reached a point where i no longer trust what the pharma companies-CDC-fda says is good for us. they have been caught lying so much and covering up the harm they have done from the yearly flu shots to yes, even the tetanus shots.

i believe it is important to learn to take care of ourselves especially if facing a crap hit the fan time frame. there are alternatives that are effective and safe to use

if prone to shingle, L-lysine and vit C kicks its butt every time. there are many simple things we cna do to take care of ourselves. i dont believe we need pharmaceuticals as much as the phgarma companies need us and the trillions we pay them every year for medicines we have to take cause we were damaged by their shots or pills

just my troglodyte opinion

We probably need to think more about what is a danger to somebody living "out there".
The single biggest danger is mauled and eaten. The best shot for that is Injectable lead, 400 grains or heavier.

I'd say any supplements the body doesn't process well anymore such as Iron and calcium, that is, if you actually trust doctors, which I don't anymore.

pneumococcal
tetanus

Maybe shingles, but the one I took is 2 shots 6 months apart.

Check with your doctor and see if they'll put you on hrt. If your insurance covers it my friends say it's the fountain of youth

Anyone know the medical name for hrt ??
Hormone Replacement Therapy, also known as menopausal hormone therapy or postmenopausal hormone therapy, is a form of hormone therapy used to treat symptoms associated with female menopause.
They also have it for men.
It will make you feel like a brand-new 28-year old man.:woo hoo:
Unfortunately if you are like me, and driving a chassis with 350,000 miles on it, you will just tear it up.:mad:
There is a really good reason mother nature dials back our hormone levels after a certain age.:confused:
It's a really big business...
71p5jCzhTHL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Last edited:
The number one reason old men act like young men is women! ;)_

Check with your doctor and see if they'll put you on hrt. If your insurance covers it my friends say it's the fountain of youth
If you are referencing hormone therapy for women going through menopause, #1 they don’t need it, and #2 the cruelty that horse mares have to endure to produce the urine used to make the drug is extreme enough that it was banned in the US years ago, and now is done in Canada or overseas.

If you are referencing hormone therapy for women going through menopause, #1 they don’t need it, and #2 the cruelty that horse mares have to endure to produce the urine used to make the drug is extreme enough that it was banned in the US years ago, and now is done in Canada or overseas.
Millions of women everywhere in the US just wear 'the patch'. Estrogen HRT:
822ddd_e9ad765f42004dda8be213bf4c8c8b55~mv2.jpg

patch-for-mature-woman-at-menopause-picture-id1168407677

It is commonplace. I've known 3 that did.
(oh, I forgot, this thread is about stuff that old, old, old males need :confused:)
Of course, that patch may keep his wife from killing him during 'mood-swings' :oops:.
Not made from mare urine:
The estrogen that is used in all estrogen patches (17 – beta Estradiol) is Bio-Identical, and derived from plants (soy as well as wild yams depending on the brand). Bio-Identical hormones are structurally identical to the hormones the body naturally produces from ovaries.

Last edited:
Back