What Pet Do You Have?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m looking into Meat birds myself.
We raw feed or dogs and cats so we go threw a lot on top of feeding ourselves. The old laying hens just don’t cut it anymore. It’s almost impossible to find turkey here not injected with something also.
To bad you don't live closer to nh. I have a mobile butcher business and i dont even save the bird necks or origins any more because no one wants them.

0816171138c.jpg
0319171340a.jpg
My chow mix Lui in his favorite season winter and my alano espanol Clara in her favorite season summer. Lui is the brains of the operation and clara is the run in and drag it out by the face part. Really good team.

Hey Sentry this is one of my buddies litters. Im a firm believer he has the best guarded house in New England. At the very least a burglar will get in, but he will never come back out!

Awesome. Good looking pups. I always tell people that my Rotties are the most loving family dog I could ever hope for, while simultaneously being the most vicious defender of house and home that exists. Once our 2 1/2 year old (at the time) daughter walked out the side door because her older year old sister failed to shut it when she came in from riding her bike. A Rottie followed her out the door and essentially refused to let her leave the front yard, so she went and sat down. My wife ran outside to find our daughter sitting on the front step with the Rottie sitting in front of her snarling at anyone and everyone walking down the sidewalk. That little girl is not so little anymore, but she can go for a walk anytime she wants with a dog in tow and I am not the least bit worried for her safety.

We currently have 5 cats and 2 dogs. The cats are older than our kids and the dogs are younger than Roo. In the picture with the cats there are 6 there as one (seal point Siamese, Basil) passed over the rainbow bridge before the baby was born in 2016. The dogs are sisters from the same dam and sire but different litters about 18 months apart.

We had chickens before we moved but I was able to sell them and make a small profit over what I spent to get them as chicks. They paid for their own feed with egg sales.

IMG_1034.JPG
IMG_3156.JPG

Haven't done this for awhile. For those of you that know me, our numbers are way down from the days of old.

6 dogs, 3 cats, 1 horse, 1 donkey, +/- 50 chickens.

For those that don't know me, at the peak we had:

6 horses, 4 donkey's, 2 mules, a llama, 11 dogs, 5 cats, 20 goats and +/- 50 chickens

Things are much more manageable now. :)

Here's most of the current chicken population.

P1030086.JPG

We have three dogs right now., with two being rescues. The Akita on the left is one that my sweet hunny got me for my birthday back in 2013 after I had lost my first at 15 1/2 years old. The one she is telling the secret to is one that we found out by the barn one morning. The second pic is of my old man. We got him when he showed up after a hurricane nothing but a bag of bones at the time back in 2005. I also have a Jersey milk cow that I consider a pet right now and hunny has his big bull Charlie.
P8220463.JPG
Taylor 157.JPG

Wife's Boglen. 1/2 Beagle and 1/2 Boston Terrier. That dog is treated like beloved royalty, but is a natural born killer (of things smaller than her - of which there are not many). She was younger in this pic than she is now.

20160826_1528202.jpg

Wife's Boglen. 1/2 Beagle and 1/2 Boston Terrier. That dog is treated like beloved royalty, but is a natural born killer (of things smaller than her - of which there are not many). She was younger in this pic than she is now.

View attachment 268

Boglen? Is that a mix of the 2 types of dogs? Or a term used by backyard breeders?

My girls are 'Sporgis". That is the breed, ask anyone in the UK. ;) It is a mix of Corgi (Cardi or Pembroke) and Springer Spaniel.

Boglen? Is that a mix of the 2 types of dogs? Or a term used by backyard breeders?

My girls are 'Sporgis". That is the breed, ask anyone in the UK. ;) It is a mix of Corgi (Cardi or Pembroke) and Springer Spaniel.

It's a mix, but it's common enough that you can find breed information on it. This one is the offspring of a full blood male Beagle and a full blood female Boston Terrier. We got her from the same breeder we get our Rotties from. My wife went to get a Puggle but she came home with a Boglen. In her words it was "just as cute and 1/3 the price". Apparently mixes like this actually tend to be healthier than full blooded dogs.

It's a mix, but it's common enough that you can find breed information on it. This one is the offspring of a full blood male Beagle and a full blood female Boston Terrier. We got her from the same breeder we get our Rotties from. My wife went to get a Puggle but she came home with a Boglen. In her words it was "just as cute and 1/3 the price". Apparently mixes like this actually tend to be healthier than full blooded dogs.

Mixes usually are healthier in the long run. Its the diversity in their genes.

I grew up training Springers and Brittanys. I love Corgis and have had purebloods in the past so when I saw the 'sporgis' I had to have one. It helped seal the deal that both the dam and sire are show dogs. The mother was a show Pembroke Corgi and the dad is a field trial Springer.

fascinated-at-how-crossing-a-corgi-with-any-other-dog-28906890.png

I have 2 American Bull Terriers. They're my babies. My female ( blonde) gets very anxious if I'm outside the fence and she can't get to me. My boy is just a big doofus and attention grabber

xn4ro0.jpg

For some reason I can not upload pics, server says it's to large. :(

I have tested and you are correct. I've let the server guy know so he can fix it. He want's you to be able to upload these photos as much as we want to see them.

Latest posts

Back