What Pet Do You Have?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 2 cardigan corgis.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 13
no photos today...Maine Coon mutt cat and a doge that looks like a doberman but isn't.
http://www.dogster.com/dogbreed/australian-kelpie
Separated too soon from mom dog, who was a blue heeler mix, as soon as our doge could run, she was trying to herd us. Sire was unknown but after some research, I think that's what we have...a Kelpie mix.

no photos today...Maine Coon mutt cat and a doge that looks like a doberman but isn't.
http://www.dogster.com/dogbreed/australian-kelpie
Separated too soon from mom dog, who was a blue heeler mix, as soon as our doge could run, she was trying to herd us. Sire was unknown but after some research, I think that's what we have...a Kelpie mix.
Sounds like a cool dog! That dogster site sucks though, they are missing a pile of dog breeds.

Hey DM have you ever had a cat that loved to play "fetch". WE used to have one called Earnie, you could roll up a small ball of aluminum foil and he would retrieve and drop it back in your hand excited for the next toss. Over and over and over worse than any Lab.

I am owned by 2 rescue cats- Boris Badanov (Bobo) and Natasha (Tasha). Boris has adopted me as his person and loves to sit on my lap and chew on my fingers. Tasha is a daddy's girl, but will only sit next to my hubby, not on his lap. Her favorite hobby is playing hockey on the kitchen floor with ANYTHING she can find (ice cubes especially, but pieces of bark, barrettes , pens, screws, etc.) She scores when the item being batted around gets stuck under the stove, fridge, or dishwasher!

IMG_20161228_083439801.jpg
IMG_20160901_195911852.jpg

Someone dumped a dog out at my daughter's house. She kept it about a month and asked me if I would take it. I picked him up Thursday PM after I built him a doghouse.
He's an Australian Cattle Dog. Blue Heeler and red Heeler mix. I can tell he's been mistreated before cause when I brought the broom out to sweep the front rock(porch is a huge flat rock in the shape of the U.S.) he took off to his doghouse! Also he's pretty skittish. Him and I are already buds.
20171229_143911_HDR.jpg
20171229_143845_HDR.jpg
20171229_144114_HDR.jpg

I have two 11 year old dogs. Matilda is a Mastiff/Pitt mix and Sunny is an Australian Cattle Dog. I raised them both from tiny pups together. I also have a 16 lb Sulcata Tortoise that actually belongs to one of my teenage granddaughters but we share tortoise duties. We have had Mr. Lilley for 6 years when he was only 1.4 lbs.

Gumpy...looks like our dog, Chookie. He is one obsessive cattle dog! It's all about the ball. All the time. Even sleeps with it. We have two other cattle dog mixes.
Chookie means "little darling". That's our last name, so we thought it'd be a good name for him. But he's terribly mean to one of our other dogs, and not much of a darling at all.

Three dogs. Two are Black Lab, German Shepherd, Border Colley crosses and the third dump and run is a Maremma; collectively known as Turbo, Gator and Shogun. Then there are two dog like Jersey cows Pixie and Tinker, one angus cow Dot who is special and Garage Turkey who follows me every where and hangs out in the garage during projects. He is a good listener and always talks back when spoken to. He is very friendly and will talk to any one who is up for it. Next there is a couple of aggravating hens who keep hanging off my back ---- & Shinola and one little wren, Squawk Box, who fell out of his nest last spring, wandered off and lost it. He rides around on my hat and squawks from nearby trees when he is too lazy to feed himself. If I wasn't Clem, I would be Mrs. Dolittle. I have lots of other critters, but these are the ones who really make my day.

Last edited:
That's funny about your turkeys. Our two toms talk alot, too. If my husband pulls up in the driveway, the dogs bark, and the turkeys gobble. If I'm outside talking to someone, the turkeys need to talk, too.
Talking turkey, ha.
Our old cat George has to follow me around the house when I'm cleaning to see what I'm doing. I cleaned all day yesterday and wore him out

I've lost 2 dogs and a cat in the last year (old age health issues) so am way down on pets. Currently have 1 house cat (Siamese), 1 barn cat (big grey tabby mixed breed), 2 dogs (chihuahua mix and very weird terrier mix), 5 chickens, 4 rabbits and 1 horse (mustang). I consider them all pets at this point since other than a few eggs, they're pretty much all freeloaders now.

Today the house is in chaos, we have adopted a new family member. Teddy Ruxpin, a Heinz 57: "austrailian shepard"/"Chow"/"collie"/"retriever" ? Pound adoption, so we will probably never know, but he
will flat wear me out playing fetch : P1060001.JPG P1060002.JPG

Last edited:
Gumpy...looks like our dog, Chookie. He is one obsessive cattle dog! It's all about the ball. All the time. Even sleeps with it. We have two other cattle dog mixes.
Chookie means "little darling". That's our last name, so we thought it'd be a good name for him. But he's terribly mean to one of our other dogs, and not much of a darling at all.
We've had Odie for a couple of weeks now and he won't let anything anything in the yard. I've got him trained to respond to a whistle, and loves to fetch. The only problem is that he keeps eating the plastic that's covering the concrete blocks!

Latest posts

Back