What Shortages are You Seeing?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha Ha. I heard that spin, too. People have so much money that they're buying everything.
I did overhear a man at the next table when we were having lunch the other day tell someone that Biden is making the LA boats unload, so we'll have an abundance of stuff again and the prices will go down. Ha Ha.
Hooray for Brandon.

Read on Fox News Buttigeig's (in charge of transportation) take on it. I have to think that he and his husband never go do their own shopping or cooking. And how is he qualified for head of transportation?
He thinks people are having lots more money because the Biden's policies are working so well, and people are just buying lots of stuff off the shelf. When asked about the boat backup, he says it's because we need more billions of dollars put into infrastructure.
What a retard.

Read on Fox News Buttigeig's (in charge of transportation) take on it. I have to think that he and his husband never go do their own shopping or cooking. And how is he qualified for head of transportation?
He thinks people are having lots more money because the Biden's policies are working so well, and people are just buying lots of stuff off the shelf. When asked about the boat backup, he says it's because we need more billions of dollars put into infrastructure.
What a retard.
He couldn't even fix the pot holes in the city he was the mayor of let alone transportation secretary.

Much of the current administration is the result of trying to check every box the he77 with qualifications.

Ben

What a retard.
Super retard! Ha ha, should make a movie about it!

While in town yesterday I noticed MANY restaurants and fast food places either closed or only open on shortened hours due to lack of help!
I noticed this today. I was going to get Chic-fil-a for dinner. It was not even 6 in the evening and they were closed. Wendy's was closed as well. KFC was open but had a list of things they were out of.

Got this from my friend in MO.

I glanced at a grocery invoice for one our stores yesterday. 48% of the order was out of stock.

Went to Sam’s after work, they were low on TP but had some. They haven’t had 24 oz. bottles of Pepsi the last two times I’ve been there (case of 24). No Dinty Moore Beef Stew. There was plenty of fresh beef and frozen chicken.

No Dr Peppers here. Actually, there were no sodas in bottles at all.

I don't think I could send Dr. Pepper to you.
But I'll think of you.
And no I don't drink Dr. Pepper.

Thanks Mo. I found some at Smith's and Albertsons. I bought them all (6). The city is happier if I'm well caffeinated.😁

Yeah, I'm preparing for the apocalypse by trying to give up Dt. Dr. Pepper. Again. It's going slow...
I gave up coffee so it is possible.
In the early 2000's I started every day by pouring a full 8-cup pot into my thermos and stirring in 2 tablespoons of sugar.
It always was empty by noon. (We have liftoff!!!)
In 2010, HBP caught up with me and I cut back to 6 cups. :cry:
When I retired I was using the silly K-cup machine and 2 cups with sugar and some ice was all that was going into my giant sippy cup.
Every day I'd say: "Get fired up.....for what?" And it just got to be too much trouble to make:(.
Nowadays I wake up at 8:30, lie in bed and watch the business news, then get a good nap between 11 and 12. Ready to conquer the day!:thumbs:
...Which lasts until um, about 3:00 ; beer-thirty!
Toast.gif

Whoever said retirement couldn't be a utopia? :D
(sorry, that borders on being a ramble.):(

Last edited:
Back