What Shortages are You Seeing?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave up coffee so it is possible.
I appreciate that. I drank pop like you drank coffee, so your example is an encouragement.

I’m not as bad now, so there is improvement. But totally kicking the aspartame habit… nope, not yet. It seems to come and go in cycles m. And I’ve learned that cold turkey isn’t for me (I’ve tried it enough).

But with these shortages, it feels like the signal of more to come (it will get worse before it gets better). And that will be stressful enough without the added event of an aspartame withdrawal. So I need to wean myself of this stuff now.

Friend who works at the hospital told me that today they ran out of paper cups......as in out, can't get more...
walmart has paper cups. maybe they should go there and not wait on their regular vendor

walmart has paper cups. maybe they should go there and not wait on their regular vendor
I know a gal in Dallas who works for herself FINDING things like that for hospitals and doctors offices. She had the connections because she was a medical supply rep before. Recently she found 2800 jello cups for a nursing home.

A number of empty shelves at Aldi today. No biscuits in a can at all. Cheese was slim. Plenty of chips, though, 2 aisles of chips. The stuff in their sale flyers (non food) didn't come in.
We've noticed the price and availability of paint, too. Terribly expensive. We just painted the exterior of our add on (25 ft by 25 ft) and touch up on the existing farmhouse. We ended up buying two brands, mixing them the same color because that's what they had.
Wife noted the same thing yesterday no wampum biscuits or bacon of any kind. Everyone needs to be advised , when the trucks quit rolling After 28 days it's all over Christmas is cancelled.

After 28 days it's all over Christmas is cancelled.
Wouldn't Lucifer love that? I'm sure that's what he's aiming for, but it ain't happenin' at my house! Gifts don't make a Christmas, but it does help bring some joy so we exchange gifts. We will this year too. I'd wrap them right now, but the dog would heartily unwrap them all before December.:ghostly: Damn dog loves present time!

I also already have breakfast meats and dinner for the day in the freezer. Fa la la la la............

Wouldn't Lucifer love that? I'm sure that's what he's aiming for, but it ain't happenin' at my house! Gifts don't make a Christmas, but it does help bring some joy so we exchange gifts. . . . I also already have breakfast meats and dinner for the day in the freezer. Fa la la la la............

That's the way I see it. When you look at everything that's happened it seems like the root of it all is to destroy faith and hope. We'd be so much easier to control if we didn't cling to our Bibles and guns.

We can make a fabulous Christmas dinner even if we only have canned and boxed foods. After everything is cleared away, sit the whole family down around the table for a long and loud game of Old Maid with a worn out deck of cards. That's high living, folks, and they can't take that away from us.

Wouldn't Lucifer love that? I'm sure that's what he's aiming for, but it ain't happenin' at my house! Gifts don't make a Christmas, but it does help bring some joy so we exchange gifts. We will this year too. I'd wrap them right now, but the dog would heartily unwrap them all before December.:ghostly: Damn dog loves present time!

I also already have breakfast meats and dinner for the day in the freezer. Fa la la la la............
Absolutely!
People need to realize that 4 ft deep piles around the tree isn't Christmas. Being together and celebrating Christ's birthday is what its about.
Just like people boo-hooing about turkeys for Thanksgiving. Its not about the food. Its about being together with friends and family.
I've made spaghetti before on Thanksgiving. Also one year it was meatloaf.
Hopefully this slow down will wake people up to realize that "stuff" doesn't make the holiday.

Saw these at Kroger, saltine crackers were out.

5FE04189-FE21-45E8-8934-3D33CBE40598.jpeg

Was shocked today, went to Dollar Tree, and a few weeks ago their shelves were very sparse. Today I walked in and there were 6 ladies unboxing from the back and stocking everything. One old lady at the checkout...looked close to 80yrs old. But hey, she got it done. So I bought a cartfull. They weren't very well stocked in the food section, and no storage milk or sugar, but everything else was stocked.

Oh I agree Ang ! Jesus is what Christmas is really about. I was just using a metaphor we used a lot on overseas deployments.

Picked up my thanksgiving turkey as soon as I saw them in the freezer section. I'll pick up another as soon as I pull this one out to thaw. If push comes to shove, I've had Cornish Game hens for Christmas before as my fowl of choice.

Just came from Kroger, chicken breast on sale $0.99 a pound & leg quarters $5.47 for 10 pounds.
A few thing were on sale & gone, because the price was to good to past up.
But it looked like 2018 store, no whole shelves empty.

We ran to Rural King yesterday. most things were stocked except socks And no borax. Socks that were in stock were mostly xl size.
Aldis didnt have many bare spots. The only thing I noticed was organic bananas have been hit or miss and certain canned fruit was empty. Not sure which kind, just seen the bare sections and noticed it.

I went shopping today and I didn't really see much for shortages. I saw a bit higher prices, but everything seemed to be pretty well stocked. One store had an almost empty shelf in the grooming area with blow dryers and trimmer sets, but everything else looked pretty good. Although, they were already stocking Christmas suff so a lot of those shelves were empty b/c they were just loading them up with the new items. There didn't seem to be much for Halloween stuff this year though.....not that I care. Oh, and funyons......no funyons to be had anywhere. I haven't seen them on the shelves in months now. I don't normally buy them, but every now and then I love that salt......guess I'll have to get it from somewhere else.

I had to go to WM to pick up a couple of things and it was bizzare. All the their center isles were full of boxes of product on skids. One guy mentioned that it looked like black Friday in there, except that the skids weren't organized at all. There was just stuff everywhere. You could tell that the shelves were bare in places like office supplies, but the stuff was sitting on a skid in the middle of the floor. If you wanted a case of paper, you had to go find it on the skid. I think their shortage is that of workers to unload stock and put it on the shelves. :(

Last edited:
I went shopping today and I didn't really see much for shortages.

I had to go to WM to pick up a couple of things and it was bizarre. All the their center isles were full of boxes of product on skids. One guy mentioned that it looked like black Friday in there, except that the skids weren't organized at all. There was just stuff everywhere. You could tell that the shelves were bare in places like office supplies, but the stuff was sitting on a skid in the middle of the floor. If you wanted a case of paper, you had to go find it on the skid. I think their shortage is that of workers to unload stock and put it on the shelves. :(
It sounds like they/WM is short on help to stock shelves, maybe tonight they can move the stuff to shelves.

It sounds like they/WM is short on help to stock shelves, maybe tonight they can move the stuff to shelves.
Walmart is desperate for help in my town. They've raised wages almost $3/hour for overnight shift workers. I noticed a lot of new faces on the day shift. I'm guessing that the better workers have moved on to better jobs, because all the factories and warehouses are hiring too...

Walmart is desperate for help in my town. They've raised wages almost $3/hour for overnight shift workers. I noticed a lot of new faces on the day shift. I'm guessing that the better workers have moved on to better jobs, because all the factories and warehouses are hiring too...

The guy at home Depot said they can't keep people. They have had about a dozen move to wherever Amazon was hiring.

And no mask and vax mandates!

The guy at home Depot said they can't keep people. They have had about a dozen move to wherever Amazon was hiring.
If I didn't have my daughter on my days off, I'd go work nights part time, stocking shelves. $15/hour, 10 minutes from home? I would do that in a heartbeat. 6 shifts a month would make a house payment in my town.

Or, it would buy lots of ammo...😁

Latest posts

Back