What to Do With Watermelon....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chesney Richardson

Southern raised, rebel rose
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
So, I've never really had much luck with watermelons, we moved to an area that's much further from a body of water than I'm used to, which means no 'tarpins(?)' AKA leavers of dinosaur tracks and bites outta melons and maters otherwise known as turtles. I think I got off track there 😳 anyway this year I planted maybe 8-10 vines for my daughter, currently there's about 22 melons at or near ripeness plus a ton more still growing....I have no clue what to do with that much watermelon lmao please help!!!

So, I've never really had much luck with watermelons, we moved to an area that's much further from a body of water than I'm used to, which means no 'tarpins(?)' AKA leavers of dinosaur tracks and bites outta melons and maters otherwise known as turtles. I think I got off track there 😳 anyway this year I planted maybe 8-10 vines for my daughter, currently there's about 22 melons at or near ripeness plus a ton more still growing....I have no clue what to do with that much watermelon lmao please help!!!
farmers market

just look online if you have one close by and ask if you can come one day and sell them out the back of your truck
there are some people here that sell corn that way sometimes

Or you could bring them up here and I will sell them for you:)

I'm wondering if you took a 500cc horse needle full of glucose and injected one a few days before harvest if it would help?

I'm wondering if you took a 500cc horse needle full of glucose and injected one a few days before harvest if it would help?
We never injected them with glucose, we used vodka:cool:

Vodka doesn't improve the taste or keep them from giving you the boom-bloomers. LMAO
I saw a pumpkin once that grew out of an old septic tank from a generation before, 800+ pounds! and I've heard that the ground where they dump the leftovers from molasses makes them get huge and sweet!

Hmm. watermelon rind pickled in vodka?

I can’t believe no one has posted this yet.

Back