What would you ask?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found it~
IMG_4371.jpg
IMG_4369.jpg

You must be part Scandinavian. We eat krumkake plain, but I have seen that people put whipped cream and other creamy things in it.

One set of grandparents were German/Mennonite and the other Swedish/Norwegian.

We used to try stuffing krumkaken but they were so brittle it seemed they all broke and we were forced to eat them plain. It was a real bummer. Not.

Lemon curd is delightful with them 😋
That sounds good.
Krumkake is singular, krumkaker is plural.

What can I use to fill krumkake besides whipped cream?
You will most commonly find them filled with sweetened whipped cream (if anything at all). But feel free to get creative! Consider a cannoli-like filling with sweetened mascarpone cheese or maybe even a light chocolate mousse. And don't forget to bring this recipe out in the summer as krumkaker make wonderful homemade ice cream cones!

I can't think of a particular question that I would ask. I was really fond of my paternal grandmother and would just sit with her and start her talking about the old days and she would oblige. I just enjoyed listening to her and the experiences she had. I encouraged her to write down her story which she did, sadly the manuscript of what she did put down has been misplaced over time. She had some of the most beautiful penmanship, even when she was in her 90's.

Latest posts

Back