What would you say your homesteading essentials are ?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ability to befriend/get along with your neighbors.
This is actually a huge thing, having neighbors from hell could be very dangerous, I have neighbors that I would give my life to protect. In many ways they are more family to us than our real family.

thanks for all the replies guys i like getting a feel for these things with fun questions 😄

This is actually a huge thing, having neighbors from hell could be very dangerous, I have neighbors that I would give my life to protect. In many ways they are more family to us than our real family.

Well we hate our neighbors now so this would be a huge thing for us for sure ! We don't mind having neighbors but want the kind of relationship you have for sure!

When we moved here neither Dawn nor I knew anything about farming, animal husbandry, gardening, or even how to do home repairs. We were completely ignorant and that is exactly how we presented ourselves, rather than trying to boolsht the folks who had lived here for generations. I think that our neighbors were willing to help since we seemed like people who really wanted to learn about homesteading.

Well we hate our neighbors now so this would be a huge thing for us for sure ! We don't mind having neighbors but want the kind of relationship you have for sure!
When we realized we were going to have new neighbors, we prayed that they would be of like minds, we've had friends that had neighbors from hell, the kind that when they called the sheriff, they said they were very familiar with those bad neighbors but there was nothing they could do about it. I know those neighbors that are truly from hell and it surprises me that over the years someone has not shot them, it was not uncommon for them to rob a place right after the homeowner had just died. Lots of other stories but I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Back