What you driving these days

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I love looking at Trucks and cars,

Like getting opinions on all of em,

Never know when I might want a new, or different one,

So , I guess I'll start off with OUR family get around vehicle,
Thats a 2016 Mazda CX5 , Grand Touring model.

Had 2 years this month, and what can I say...?
Haven't done anything but change oil and filters. Runs great , comfy, gets average all around 31 mpg.

Great car.

Jim

I just sold my 2011 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 (arguably the best vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned countless during my adult years).

I bought a 2017 Ford Flex Limited AWD with the blackout package to replace the F150. I can't compare them as they are completely different types of vehicles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love looking at Trucks and cars,

Like getting opinions on all of em,

Never know when I might want a new, or different one,

So , I guess I'll start off with OUR family get around vehicle,
Thats a 2016 Mazda CX5 , Grand Touring model.

Had 2 years this month, and what can I say...?
Haven't done anything but change oil and filters. Runs great , comfy, gets average all around 31 mpg.

Great car.

Jim

Jeez has it been 2 years already? I remember the thread about which car you were going to buy then...

My Baby...a 2013 Jeep Patriot Limited 4cyl 4x4 Trail Rated...HA...stop me IF YOU CAN !!!

2ID8pBU.jpg

Just finished putting new rubber all 'round...it WILL handle anything You and Winter can throw at it !!

Before that one...I had a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee STRAIGHT SIX bought used in 2004...ran until 2016 when an electrical problem in the dash required a new dash console replacement...they didn't make them new for years...they do sell old replacement dashes with miles on them...but my electrician said I could buy one for $1,700...he would put it in for $500...and it could last 1 year or 5 years...told me he would only guarantee 1 year...

so, off I went to buy the 2013 Patriot in 2016...coming off a 3 year lease with only 26,000 miles...less than 10K a year. Price Tag: $15K OTD

Plenty of room, aft and on top...and I get Great Gas Mileage.

And my "RIDE" for 30 years...garage kept...and only recently sold to my brother:

My 1979 Camaro Z-28...:D...custom ordered and delivered on Friday the 13th, 1979. Due to gas rationing in that era...the plate had to end in an odd number so that I could gas it up that day. { Dealer took care of that too...and no advertisement badges from the dealership were put on the car...!! }

F9hNeE4.jpg

fnj1iga.jpg

V5rcrc0.jpg

FjhrRIo.jpg

99eMGyV.jpg

pZydgOa.jpg

My Baby
truck.gif

2005 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Heavy Duty Cummins Diesel,
Tricked out ..pushing in neighborhood of 700 HP, and 1000ft lbs torque,

WOOHOO.gif

F U N......eats Hemis

fuel5.jpg
fuel2.jpg
black1.jpg

Jim

Chevy Tahoe PPV. Formerly the Chief's vehicle that was barely driven, got it on auction for well under book.

tahoe.jpg

And my "RIDE" for 30 years...garage kept...and only recently sold to my brother:

My 1979 Camaro Z-28...:D...custom ordered and delivered on Friday the 13th, 1979. Due to gas rationing in that era...the plate had to end in an odd number so that I could gas it up that day. { Dealer took care of that too...and no advertisement badges from the dealership were put on the car...!! }

F9hNeE4.jpg

fnj1iga.jpg

V5rcrc0.jpg

FjhrRIo.jpg

99eMGyV.jpg

pZydgOa.jpg

Hate... Hate!!!

My '99 Ford ranger. 187,000 miles and counting...
IMG_4923.jpg

A chevy 04 Silverado and 06 Impala that each have over 200,000 miles on them. Knock on some wood they both get me there and back and look decent also.
Silverado2016 001.JPG

So I had this.....
cow Truck.jpg

Which carried this

Maggie 12-26-04 2.JPG

but then I got this......

because I love you dad 2.jpg

So I got this....

dodge hood grill jpg.JPG

but it couldn't handle this....

frozen pond2 2-7-2013.jpg

So I got this......

2-15-14 trk in snow.jpg

but since it does poorly on gas I got this.....

tinted windows.jpg

and since it has four wheels........

and since they don't mow grass or move dirt and snow I got this......

ram and tractor back.JPG

My '94 Ford Ranger 4x4,first and only 4x4 I've ever owned. Have done some repairs on it but a great truck that gets around 24 mpg. I've owned it for 3 years now.

PysUQJh.jpg

This '94 Ford F150 was originally owned by my uncle that worked at the Ford plant in Chicago and ordered it new. A year or so later he passed and my mom and dad bought it from his estate. 7 or 8 years ago I bought it from my dad. Great power and with the tow package and coil over shocks I put on the back of it,it can haul a lot without bottoming out. I sold the cap off of it though years ago. For a V8 truck it still gets 21 mpg.

dymaOAu.jpg

I love her! She will go anywhere. We had her out in the ice and snow and she never even thought about slipping.

in the ice and snow

Shhhhh...................

Haven't had any yet, don't want any. :D

58* yesterday, not bad for the end of Nov. in Mitchigan.

I'd kinda like to have one of those. But since I hurt my back Wranglers are kind of off limits...I regularly drive long distances (12 hours +) and even cushy cars get uncomfortable after a while...
Sorry to hear that. Back issues are no fun. Take care of yourself.

My '94 Ford Ranger 4x4,first and only 4x4 I've ever owned. Have done some repairs on it but a great truck that gets around 24 mpg. I've owned it for 3 years now.

PysUQJh.jpg

This '94 Ford F150 was originally owned by my uncle that worked at the Ford plant in Chicago and ordered it new. A year or so later he passed and my mom and dad bought it from his estate. 7 or 8 years ago I bought it from my dad. Great power and with the tow package and coil over shocks I put on the back of it,it can haul a lot without bottoming out. I sold the cap off of it though years ago. For a V8 truck it still gets 21 mpg.

dymaOAu.jpg
My son drove his Ranger for 300,000 miles and sold it to an old fella about 8 years ago who still drives it......

My son drove his Ranger for 300,000 miles and sold it to an old fella about 8 years ago who still drives it......

I believe it,the Rangers and S10s seem to keep going and going. I've seen quite a few of them go over 300,000 and some over 400,000.

Latest posts

Back