Whatcha eating on Thanksgiving

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mom threw down as always there was ham and a turkey breast with all the fixings and homemade rolls and 4 types of pie.

D752005D-7604-44A9-8AF5-42B1003E272E.jpeg
ADA13DD8-E5C3-43FB-8FA2-0D6B6C64D43B.jpeg
B19257BC-54DC-42B3-BD41-F07F9E482336.jpeg
5B89FD83-DCEE-4824-B034-D6D6801BBF5E.jpeg

My vegan daughter is coming over for Thanksgiving. Since she is a vegan, she has to carefully pick and choose.
This year, I got a small pumpkin. I will chop the top, scrape out the seeds and pulp, then bake with a bit of olive oil inside and out. After 1 hour, ill pack the bottom with a wild rice, them on top of that, I'll place cooked diced Brussel sprouts, with some roasted sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, lightly roasted. I'll top with pomegranate seeds and baby roasted carrots. I'll put the top back on, and serve it. I am just thinking this out, so vegans, tell me what you think?
Just a follow up. My daughter loved my concoction.
IMG_5269.jpg
IMG_5270.jpg
IMG_5271.jpg
IMG_5272.jpg
IMG_5273.jpg
IMG_5274.jpg
IMG_5275.jpg

Wow @havasu ! I bet your daughter feels loved. :)

My mom always used to have a big holiday spread and extended family would gather at their place. Since the folks have passed, we don't do the extended family thing - for which I'm glad, because I have no idea how to prepare a large dinner like Mom did!

This year was especially small, just three of us. We had a turkey breast in the air fryer, several sides, Hawaiian rolls - pretty simple but good to enjoy together. And I tried my hand at making my husband a modified dump cake (apple) - must have turned out okay, because hubby keeps periodically getting himself a generous serving. :)

Wow, Havasu, you did good! It's so hard to cook for these daughters on special diets.
I talked with our vegetarian daughter yesterday in Arizona and she was cooking for a friend. She made our vegetarian Shepherd's Pie recipe, green bean casserole, and an apple pie. All three of those are my recipes that I make for her, and hopefully her friend wasn't too disappointed there was no meat. Ha.
Looks like a yummy dinner, Ben. We're just heating up leftovers tonight from yesterday. And having pie.

Oven roasted turkey( couldn't fit grill/smoker in Fiat).
Mashed potatoes(lumps and all)
Corn bread stuffing
Homemade noodles
Turkey giblet gravy
Home made hot rolls
Watergate salad
Ice tea,Pepsi,Dr.Pepper or Diet Coke
Of course coffee
That;s what I'm fixing..
Oldest Son is fixing :
Deviled eggs
Sweet potato casserole
Mac and Cheese
Green beans
Have no clue what youngest son is bringing.
Didn't happen- medical incident

Back