What's Autumn looking like at your place?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I go out and walk 3-4 times a day on the back side of the farm...take my phone to listen to music while walking.
Today was 77 deg, breezy and I just had to snap a couple pics.

I love Autumn.
Colors are getting close to peak.

IMG_20201023_105230836.jpg
IMG_20201023_105234048.jpg
IMG_20201023_105701882_HDR.jpg

Jim

Weather today. Jim you and the wife should come down and go for ride in the swamp with us or the beach.
  • Afternoon
    This Afternoon: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.  Partly sunny, with a high near 88. East wind around 8 mph.  New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Chance
    Showers
    High: 88 °F
  • Tonight

Tonight: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9pm.  Patchy fog after 3am.  Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 68. East wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm  in the evening.

Slight Chance
    T-storms then
    Patchy Fog
    Low: 68 °F

I do have to say being a Northt Georgia girl I do miss the fall colors and trips to the mountains where they are really beautiful.

We don't have "fall" either.
We have an 80mph breeze to blow all the leaves off of the trees then an 'extended summer' until January.
Better make sure that A/C is working good in the car.
You will need it in December :ghostly:.

Last edited:
Leaves are starting to change. Temperatures have cooled a bit, but we get wild temperature changes all the time; 50 on Monday and 80 on Thursday. Bring a jacket just in case.

We don't have "fall" either.
We have an 80mph breeze to blow all the leaves off of the trees then an 'extended summer' until January.
Better make sure that A/C is working good in the car.
You will need it in December :ghostly:.
Yep the windows go down... lol

A typical "Nice Refreshing" fall day in Paradise, Alaska. 19* above and one inch of fresh snow. After fifty plus years in Alaska, I still get a giggle knowing that winter starts December 21'st (Officially).

This thread is technically about a week too late for me, but below is what fall "looked" like at my little ranch last week before the snow came!

IMG_0976 - Copy.jpg
IMG_0984 - Copy.jpg
View attachment 52280CH]

My son got married this past weekend near Letchworth State Park in New York. This is indicative of the scenery we had to put up with. :)

letchworth2.jpg

We are in the middle of fall. Leaves are turning. Lots of yellows and reds right now. Probably will peak next week. Sourwoods are already past peak, so are the poplars. Maples look great, Oaks getting close. My burning bushes are nearing full red.
Bout time to start blowing the leaves onto the garden spots.

Yesterday at the pond

20201023_175854.jpg

After a dry summer the springs are just barely feeding the pond.

20201023_175903.jpg

Looking down the path to the stream and The Ridge

20201023_181315.jpg

Ben

I had to take a long drive this morning but it was overcast. Aside from a couple of maples I didn't see anything worth taking pictures.

Me either Peanut, all I see is variations from green to beige or light brown.

Latest posts

Back