What's Everybody Canning?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it off the Kopy Kat website.

15oz tomato sauce. (I use a of jar of my sauce)
1/4c water (I never add it)
1tsp sugar
1/4 dried oregano
1/4 dried basil
1/4 dried thyme
1/4 garlic powder
1/4 salt
1/8 pepper
1 bay leaf
Dash onion powder
1/2 tsp lemon juice

Mix it all up, simmer for a bit and use. I've halved and tripled the recipe according to how many pizzas we are making.

1tsp sugar
1/4 dried oregano
1/4 dried basil
1/4 dried thyme
1/4 garlic powder
1/4 salt
1/8 pepper
1 bay leaf
Dash onion powder
1/2 tsp lemon juice

Mix it all up, simmer for a bit and use. I've halved and tripled the recipe according to how many pizzas we are making.
Do you not can it for use when you are super busy?

1tsp sugar
1/4 dried oregano
1/4 dried basil
1/4 dried thyme
1/4 garlic powder
1/4 salt
1/8 pepper
1 bay leaf
Dash onion powder
1/2 tsp lemon juice

Oh I have a recipe for pizza sub rolls that will be calling soon now. :)

Unfortunately these last few weeks I haven't canned anything. I have a pinched nerve in my left elbow and at times my left arm, elbow down will get tingly and go numb on me so staying away from heavy boiling pots right now but I have been dehydrating and freeze drying so at least I'm still preserving something.

We got 5 pints of pork broth and a gallon each of jalepeno and banana pepper. Peppers in the freezer ,and broth in the canner. Also cooking the grapes to get the juice. Already have 4 liters of juice, with the last batch on cooking now. Will can up juice tomorrow.

We canned 32 pints of grape juice. Half goes to great grandsons and we keep half plus 1/2 gallon in the fridge for drinking now. We have a friend that has connections with a man with grape vineyards. Hubby is going to call him tomorrow and see if we can get some.He let us pick a couple years ago, and we didn't get 100 feet before we had a washtub full. Tomorrow I'm going to do some cranberry juice with the ones I bought 3 for 1.00.

I love trying new canning recipes too. It makes for a mince well rounded stockroom. How boring would it be to just walk into all the basic stuff. . . Although that does mean more versatility in what you are making. It's just life gets busy and it's nice when you can pop a top to just hear and serve a meal.

We found 3 nore bags of pinto beans in another freezer , got them on cooking tonight. will can them in the morning along with tomatoes and cranberry juice.

I was watching youtube earlier and clicked on a video for canning caramel. I had to share.

CARAMEL SAUCE

4 cans sweetened condensed milk that's all
it should make 6 1/2 pints
wipe jar rims, put lids and rings on
put in crockpot on low
cover with water
cook for 8 hours and it's done.
I WILL BE WATCHING SALES

I was watching youtube earlier and clicked on a video for canning caramel. I had to share.

CARAMEL SAUCE

4 cans sweetened condensed milk that's all
it should make 6 1/2 pints
wipe jar rims, put lids and rings on
put in crockpot on low
cover with water
cook for 8 hours and it's done.
I WILL BE WATCHING SALES
that is so easy! Yes I did go to you tube and watched a couple videos too. I have made and canned caramel sauce before, but only have three half pints left on my shelves right now so it is getting time to do some more up. Thanks for sharing! I do sometimes and in pecans when canning it up. I use those for ice cream toppings and making frosting for cinnamon rolls. So good.

Butterscotch Sauce

Servings: 6 cups
Ingredients
4 cups packed light brown sugar
2 cups heavy or whipping cream (I used 1 can evaporated milk)
1 1/3 cups light corn syrup
1/2 cup butter
4 tsp. distilled white vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tsp. vanilla extract
Directions
In 5 quart or larger pot heat all ingredients except vanilla extract to boiling over high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to low, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Ladle into hot jars and cap after wiping tops of jars carefully. Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes. Sauce will appear thin while hot. Great flavor – reminiscent of old fashioned cream caramels.Butterscotch

This is the way I have been doing it, but with @timmie s way everything is done in the crockpot. When you take out, in the videos I saw, you will start hearing the ping or as they cool

10 pints of beans already done. got some more to do today. juice is heating up and tomatoes are next. then we do clean up and tomorrow we are going to grind some more deer meat.

Wish I could find a chocolate recipe like the caramel sauce for the crockpot. I really like the idea of the crockpot canning. It gives me time for other chores such as cleaning house and yards.

We got 6 and 1/2 quarts of cranberry juice and 13 half pints of tomato sauce. These tomatoes were the little cherry tonatoes , so i put them in half pints to add with the regular sauce when we make spaghetti.

Wish I could find a chocolate recipe like the caramel sauce for the crockpot. I really like the idea of the crockpot canning. It gives me time for other chores such as cleaning house and yards.
Would something like this recipe work? Haven't tried just looking around while I'm waiting for it to get light enough that I can see out in the barn.
http://crockpotrecipeexchange.com/homemade-chocolate-syrup-yes-in-crock.html
I would think you can easily double or triple the recipe to do as many jars your crockpot would fit.

Latest posts

Back