What's Everybody Canning?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of stock still @ wmart
Yes it does according to the board it comes on.
Good eye - I missed that! I will look at a couple of our local stores.
The link said it fits both. I never heard of these please explain?
I have the Tattler lids. You are supposed to tighten them just so, then snug them up after processing. Terri said she had a lid tightener and doesn't have to do anything different than other lids so I got curious. Dbl R knew what I was talking about so that started our little ramble.

Good eye - I missed that! I will look at a couple of our local stores.

I have the Tattler lids. You are supposed to tighten them just so, then snug them up after processing. Terri said she had a lid tightener and doesn't have to do anything different than other lids so I got curious. Dbl R knew what I was talking about so that started our little ramble.

I’ve been looking for one since Terri showed it. Lol! That’s how I knew exactly what you were referring too
I got some tattler lids for my birthday and want to get one to use with them. I want to try the lids before I order more. I have enough “disposable” lids as of now but would like to swap over slowly if I can make it work.

I’ve been looking for one since Terri showed it. Lol! That’s how I knew exactly what you were referring too
I got some tattler lids for my birthday and want to get one to use with them. I want to try the lids before I order more. I have enough “disposable” lids as of now but would like to swap over slowly if I can make it work.
That's what I'm doing too. I've used the Ts on mostly water bath canning since it's easier to reprocess if necessary. I wouldn't be as apprehensive about the pc if I didn't have to remember what I'm occasionally likely to forget 😂 I looked today at a little store I was in for a part. If I find them, I will get 2 ;)

ETA: I got sidetracked responding.
I got 8 more jars of tomato sauce done. Will do another batch tomorrow. I was doing other things today also so didn't want to get too carried away. I like the smaller batches. Also, was able to get canning lids w/ rims for $3.78. I can handle that so got 9 which was the limit. My mom wants 5 boxes of lids. That's cheaper than I've seen just lids for in ages so got them. I'm not out, but like to replace what I use. I didn't really need more rims but oh well.

The link said it fits both. I never heard of these please explain?
It's a dohicky that Ball makes that helps to tighten the bands. It has 2 arrows on it and when they line up the band is supposed to be the perfect tightness since finger tight really depends on the fingers doing the tightening

It's a dohicky that Ball makes that helps to tighten the bands. It has 2 arrows on it and when they line up the band is supposed to be the perfect tightness since finger tight really depends on the fingers doing the tightening
And you don't have to tighten the tattlers when they come out of the canner right?????

I did 3 more pints of diced tomatoes this morning before work. I also got a huge canner pot of tomatoes juiced and will simmer it down to sauce after work. I have more to dice, but as I was chopping for sauce, would dice them if they were a really nice looking tomato.

Got more tomato sauce done last night. As it was simmering down, Hubby says "Oh you could just add some seasoning and make tomato soup. Why don't you make tomato soup but leave the tomatoes in it rather than straining it out?" Me: I didn't know you like tomato soup. We've been married for 10 years and he's never asked for it or suggested it. It usually has cream so I can't do it, but he can. I made the base today and when he heats it he can add a little milk. 8 or 9 pints, I'd have to go look. It's one more thing in the stock pile. The pantry is quite literally like a tetras game. I'm trying to figure out where to put new things that don't already have a spot.

View attachment 72192
At some point pickled jalapeños. Been cutting them for hours. Hoping to get a few more pickings but this will get us by for a while. Think this is the 4th time canning them this year. Hubby loves them. Need a lot to last him till next year’s crop.
Looks like Cowboy candy.

I get my grandmother's canning jars - nobody else cans (I will share with my mom if she needs any of course.) Also, she had tons of recipe books. I got the ball blue book which I've been looking for for about 2 years, a Kerr canning book, preserving food the natural way, and a book of pickling.

I get my grandmother's canning jars - nobody else cans (I will share with my mom if she needs any of course.) Also, she had tons of recipe books. I got the ball blue book which I've been looking for for about 2 years, a Kerr canning book, preserving food the natural way, and a book of pickling.

There no need to brag about your wealth 🤪! Seriously that’s a great haul! Let us know how you like the books!

Today's doin's:
6 ea. 1/2 pints tomato sauce
3 pints tomato soup
18 ea. 1/2 pints carrots
1 pint & 3 ea. 1/2 pints applesauce with cinnamon. Just pulled that out of the pot so I will start supper - taco soup.

ETA: Found large mouth lids at Wmart today 😊

Latest posts

Back