What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not a laughing at you, it just struck me as funny. I like peace in the mornings. If I had to listen to some sort of music, it might be that relaxing w/ nature sounds stuff. I can't imagine listening to a musical. 😊
PS, I also don't like lights first thing in the morning. I light a candle until coffee is consumed :coffee:
I usually listen to these after I am up, have had my coffee and often sitting in a dog park, on a bench, mostly away from the most activity. I am a morning person, but I do like to be up for a while in the quiet as well.

I don't like any noise when I sleep.

When I get up in the morning none except the birds and the breeze maybe a soft rain is okay, but that is about it.

DONT TALK TO ME YET!!!! My brain is still out of gear and the coffee is brining it around. HEHEHEHEHEH
I tell my husband I don’t speak English until I’ve had 2 cups of coffee 😂

You're right and you're welcome.

I'm going to a charity place in town to discuss it with the guy who runs it to see if there is anything he can do for that guy and I have some suggestions too. He is also on the city council.
I went and discussed the homeless man. He said to give homeless people his phone number and he would help them! GOOD!!!

I went and discussed the homeless man. He said to give homeless people his phone number and he would help them! GOOD!!!
That leaves it to the homeless person to make that right decision! Does he have a phone? Access to one? Sounds like he wasn't one of the " I choose to be homeless" group! Don't quit until he does!!😉

Wow, Hubby's Kawasaki motor (John Deere) has a very shattered rod! Other side looks great, so can we get just one rod and piston? Will probably replace both! Big clean up job! FYI, when he bought it, took it home, started it, .......wait for it.....I said it was running on one cylinder!! 😃I won! 🤔

My daughter had the solemn honor of laying the wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier today. I'm not sure she understands exactly what a privilege it is to honor those fallen soldiers, or why the tomb sentinels behave with the utmost respect and discipline. But I am positive that it is something she will never forget. She is the one in the black dress.

Wow, Hubby's Kawasaki motor (John Deere) has a very shattered rod! Other side looks great, so can we get just one rod and piston? Will probably replace both! Big clean up job! FYI, when he bought it, took it home, started it, .......wait for it.....I said it was running on one cylinder!! 😃I won! 🤔
what is the prize??

My daughter had the solemn honor of laying the wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier today. I'm not sure she understands exactly what a privilege it is to honor those fallen soldiers, or why the tomb sentinels behave with the utmost respect and discipline. But I am positive that it is something she will never forget. She is the one in the black dress.
View attachment 128275

Indeed an honor, I'm proud for her. Don't worry though, it takes years of living to understand that kind of sacrifice. :)

Glad he's getting help! Hope he does well. There was a sad story here though. A little town up the road had one homeless guy for several years. Lived under a bridge, refused any real help, many tried, churches, individuals. It took years to get him into a group home setting for mentally challenged. He was normal but it was the only bed for him in a small town.

After he started getting state funds he got a bicycle, one of those that you lay on your back to ride, sits low to the ground. Had a small red reflector behind and white light on the front. At dusky dark he’d ride across town to the kfc for chicken, saw him there once. He’d ride up the only 4-lane and in the right lane, legal but still difficult to see. I saw him almost get hit by vehicles more than once, almost every time I saw him.

He did finally get hit by a car, think I posted about it. The town got him a warm bed, food, pocket money and the poor guy was dead in 2 years. :(

I hope your guy gets long term help. Folks who fail to provide their own bed and board usually need long term, hate to use the term supervision, but close enough. They didn't get that way over night. Get that far off track and it takes time to get back.

Last edited:
Back