• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iu

Then got the call that my uncle passed away.
I'm sorry about your uncle!

Bo and I already walked.
Already walked dogs around perimeter.
Second load of laundry in the wash.
Will mess around with garden plants.
Spray grass at bottom of back porch.
Then who knows?

Finished up processing the sweet leaf last night. Got 5 heavy quarts of tincture. I usually make them a little light, leave room at the top of the jar so I can add too or change ratios later. To tired last night, just wanted to get them in jars. Had a few finishing touches to do this morning, all done with them now. There'll be 3 more quarts of dried leaf, a friend is drying it at her house.

The reason i was so tired... I think i got hit by the flu bug that's going around. Hard to tell, flu symptoms are similar to some of the minor cfs symptoms which i always have. I had a little fever sunday, also a cfs symptom. I started dosing with tincture anyway. Still felt extra bad yesterday and last night. Feel pretty good this morning though. Still dragging a bit.

Waiting for my cousin this morning... he might need me to run the hay rake while he runs the baler. Hope not, feel decent but have no energy...

20240611_090916a.jpg

Amimal chores and watering done. Planted eight more tomato plants, because I still have a ton. We lost puppy in the house for awhile. He hates the vacuum cleaner. Found him under husband's desk (finally). Taking husband to his heart doc appt, picking up 3 more cat kennels. Five females go in for their spaying early morning tomorrow. This will not be fun.

Got good reviews on my book yesterday. Going to take a day off and work on book 2 tomorrow. I made some infographics for work, and ordered some ink so I can print them out tomorrow and bring them Thursday. They are of the right and wrong way to load a box. I showed the boss and she approved of the pictures. Going to make more pictures today after my lunch hour.

I'm sitting out a severe t-storm in my truck in the town I clean in! Left my job and several roads got closed down due to wrecks in the high water! The storm is headed north, northeast towards home! Hubby just texted, he is home, said not to attempt to head that way yet, creek is over the road! I'm parked at a park, just watched someone hydroplane into an existing wreck on Main Street ! 🙄😮 Guess I'll look at the radar, see if I can head home soon!!

I hit a coyote pup last night, it ran right under my tire ..I wasnt going fast because , I never do at 0130.
Driving off the mountain, it seems I'm often dodging critters and there is barely any traffic in the early hours, I'm tired so I go slow..40-45 ish.
The little guy musta got spooked at the last few seconds.
I turned around to make sure it was dead..it wasnt.
I think my tire crushed its middle body, blood was pouring out its mouth and nose..it couldnt even cry n whimper. I think it was just struggling to breath at this point.
It raised its head to look at me, then lowered it. its tail was moving a tiny bit in a strained way showcasing it pain and effort to breath.
I put a bullet in its head
I hate to see critters suffer..even a coyote pup.

wished I could send you some of my gummies...they would let you sleep for sure
Gummies are available here, but I appreciate the thought!

Well, I saw the doctor without much crap at the new place, going tomorrow to the pharmacy to get some meds. no feel-goods, but who cares if the pain stops? I see him again on the 26th.
Gummies you say. I think I'll have a 250 and zonk!

Got good reviews on my book yesterday. Going to take a day off and work on book 2 tomorrow. I made some infographics for work, and ordered some ink so I can print them out tomorrow and bring them Thursday. They are of the right and wrong way to load a box. I showed the boss and she approved of the pictures. Going to make more pictures today after my lunch hour.
Pop a copy in here, we have a section for that. the kid does good teen books.

Not yet. I'm just going to have to quit goofing off and go. The surgeon that I went to a few weeks ago said I needed an operation. No way am I going to let anyone cut on my back.
10 months ago I had L2-3-4 fused PLIF ..... I got away from those those orthopedic surgeons and got into a neuro. surgeon , he only dose spines and brains, I'm better than I've been in decades ....

Last edited:
Good news everyone! I am not clinically insane, and I know because I got tested. Cognitive ability, personality assessment, emotional intelligence and situational judgment assessments. And I must have passed them all because I did not wake up in a dark room with nothing but a piss bucket or worse yet never woke up again. I had already passed my PFT so I just have wait for them to give me my surprise polygraph and I can continue to work until they decide I need to be evaluated again. Soon I have more chores to do and then I need to cook dinner.

Aw crap. I got robbed. some scumbag got my card number and hit me for 90$ up in Tennessee of all places, someplace I don't ever go. The good news is, I got the card killed before he got more, it's still a week without a reserve, but I can hack it.

Aw crap. I got robbed. some scumbag got my card number and hit me for 90$ up in Tennessee of all places, someplace I don't ever go. The good news is, I got the card killed before he got more, it's still a week without a reserve, but I can hack it.
Most cards will reimburse you.

Talked little granddaughter into putting together all five cat kennels. Then labelling them with the name of the cat. They wanted names and description on the paperwork. That's a laugh.
Fluffy....long haired black cat. Phoenix...long haired black cat but shorter than Fluffy. Sox gray and white with a white milk mouth. Daisy...identical to Sox exactly, but maybe a tad shorter. Angel is easy, all grey.
So much simpler to masking tape their name on their carrier.
We'll see how they ride in the morning.
I don't know how you do it, Dade.

I spent the morning doing my Lone Ranger run. What’s the Lone Ranger run?
To da dump, to da dump, to da dump dump dump
The bank, grocery store, and packages after

I spent the morning doing my Lone Ranger run. What’s the Lone Ranger run?
To da dump, to da dump, to da dump dump dump
The bank, grocery store, and packages after
Did you slap your leg like a galloping horse while you sang that.

On that note: What did the inspector say when he stepped on an ant?
*Dead-ant, Dead-ant, Dead-ant dead-ant dead-ant dead-ant dead-ant 🎶 (Mods please don't ban me.)

Did you slap your leg like a galloping horse while you sang that.

On that note: What did the inspector say when he stepped on an ant?
*Dead-ant, Dead-ant, Dead-ant dead-ant dead-ant dead-ant dead-ant 🎶 (Mods please don't ban me.)
Mods, a time out for her please!! 😉

Latest posts

Back