What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Sewing, but it didn't. Had to put another catheter in. Seems his bladder has decided not to work anymore. He is not happy. Son came by to empty the trailer they lived in, a 27 footer Nomad. He didn't lock the ball down, didn't put the pin in, didn't put the sway bar on and dumped it in the road while turning the corner. He came in yelling for me to help (ha) I can't pick that up. A neighbor helped with two jacks he had and he is now rolling off to dump the nasties (he should of done this 2 months ago when he moved out. Some slight damage. Husband will be ticked. My assistant director put in notice today. I figured she would after getting her degree in nutrition last week. That means long hours for me till I find a new one. That, and a kitchen person. What a day. Laughing at son who is spazzing out about him having a day, but not as bad as mine. I told him stuff sucks. Embrace the suck. Not much more we can do.

I had a busy but productive day.
Mowed the yard. Pressure washed about 200' of cedar fence and the patio. Cleaned the gutters, they were full of helicopter seeds from the Silver Maple tree. Pulled more weeds out of the flower beds and BBQ'd hamburgers for dinner. Old, retired, guys are not suppose to work this hard. I will sleep good tonight, after a couple Tylenol.

I had a fairly busy day, also. Made and pressure canned 22 pints of dog food, then washed and put everything away. Transplanted more free veggies and three pansies.

Off to bed soon as tomorrow will be extra busy! Cleaning the goat shed and transferring the "leavings" to the rose garden. Definitely, getting my exercise in!

I'm trying to get myself mentally ready for a 4 1/2 hour drive down to Kansas City tomorrow. After the 18 hour drive I had two days ago, I really don't want to put my butt into the driver's seat again...then I have to turn around and drive back Saturday morning. The Friday before Memorial Day is the one night a year that I go out and act like I'm 22 years old again so I suspect I might have a bit of a hangover too. Oh well... :D When I get back on Saturday night I have my daughter's dance recital to go to. It's gonna be a busy weekend!

the great grandsons passed to kindergarten and first grade. the one in kindergarten got an award for most improved for the year, and the first grader got an award for all a's. this is exciting for us because it never would have happened without nana's intervention and also some really good teachers.

Started off the morning with me deep cleaning the bathrooms and toilet and outhouse :) and then I damp dusted the whole house top to bottom and boy was there some red dust everywhere. DH vacuumed all the floors I mopped all of the floors in the house. While I was doing that DH put on a load of washing in the washing machine and hung it out and then mowed the well composted grass clippings to break them down further to add to the garden soils.

We went out into the paddock where the fruit and mulberry trees are and raked up all the dried autumn leaves and ran over them with the ride on lawnmower and put them in the bottom of all the above and in-ground garden beds to add further organic matter to them.

Just put clean towels in both bathrooms and extra roll of toilet paper in the outhouse, made the bed with fresh sheets and put on our woollen underlay and folded up a load of clean laundry and put it away.

Next up is using the food processor to chop all the onions for tomorrow, wash the dishes and clean the benches and I will wipe them and put them away.

Thanks, Sewing! Today is Friday, and am hoping we can get through the day with no mishaps. Plan to make husband breakfast in a minute, rouse the twins up, get all the animals and baby chicks fed and go to work. Stopping at the grocery after work to pick up some good sales. Wanting to start on our side yard cleanout and beautification after chores first thing tomorrow morning, and am excited for that. Have a three day weekend.

Thanks, Sewing, but it didn't. Had to put another catheter in. Seems his bladder has decided not to work anymore. He is not happy. Son came by to empty the trailer they lived in, a 27 footer Nomad. He didn't lock the ball down, didn't put the pin in, didn't put the sway bar on and dumped it in the road while turning the corner. He came in yelling for me to help (ha) I can't pick that up. A neighbor helped with two jacks he had and he is now rolling off to dump the nasties (he should of done this 2 months ago when he moved out. Some slight damage. Husband will be ticked. My assistant director put in notice today. I figured she would after getting her degree in nutrition last week. That means long hours for me till I find a new one. That, and a kitchen person. What a day. Laughing at son who is spazzing out about him having a day, but not as bad as mine. I told him stuff sucks. Embrace the suck. Not much more we can do.

It sure does. So I try to really take advantage of the good days. :huggs:

I'm trying to get myself mentally ready for a 4 1/2 hour drive down to Kansas City tomorrow. After the 18 hour drive I had two days ago, I really don't want to put my butt into the driver's seat again...then I have to turn around and drive back Saturday morning. The Friday before Memorial Day is the one night a year that I go out and act like I'm 22 years old again so I suspect I might have a bit of a hangover too. Oh well... :D When I get back on Saturday night I have my daughter's dance recital to go to. It's gonna be a busy weekend!

Have fun Spike.:thumbs:

Started off the morning with me deep cleaning the bathrooms and toilet and outhouse :) and then I damp dusted the whole house top to bottom and boy was there some red dust everywhere. DH vacuumed all the floors I mopped all of the floors in the house. While I was doing that DH put on a load of washing in the washing machine and hung it out and then mowed the well composted grass clippings to break them down further to add to the garden soils.

We went out into the paddock where the fruit and mulberry trees are and raked up all the dried autumn leaves and ran over them with the ride on lawnmower and put them in the bottom of all the above and in-ground garden beds to add further organic matter to them.

Just put clean towels in both bathrooms and extra roll of toilet paper in the outhouse, made the bed with fresh sheets and put on our woollen underlay and folded up a load of clean laundry and put it away.

Next up is using the food processor to chop all the onions for tomorrow, wash the dishes and clean the benches and I will wipe them and put them away.

The good ol outhouse days, we had a 3 seater half moon and all. Us kids would sit in there and discuss our switch stripes or plans fro the day that may cause more stripes.:fun fun:

You shoulda just gone fishing! ;)

Paid more bills this morning.
Am doing something nice for a change.
Look out everybody it will storm cause of it.
Am making both son's ladies herb gardens for their homes.
Have most of the plants rooting out of my herb garden.
Definitely have the soil out of old raised bed, have the old bowl shaped flower pots.
Just have to finish putting them together today.
Then will deliver them this afternoon.
Also making up Strawberry planters for both of them.
Will have to wear long sleeves, latex free gloves for that little job.
As I have allgery to strawberries.

Latest posts

Back