What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how you do it. I would be so concerned. I am sure you are. I hope the doctors can figure something out soon.

Some days I feel like sitting on the floor and crying like she does when she thinks we aren't watching. We almost lost her as a baby and God decided to leave her here, I just pray He hasn't changed his mind and we keep trying to help her. Not much else I can do.

Some days I feel like sitting on the floor and crying like she does when she thinks we aren't watching. We almost lost her as a baby and God decided to leave her here, I just pray He hasn't changed his mind and we keep trying to help her. Not much else I can do.
Hugs, Terri! :huggs:God has a plan and it is not ours to know. I don't always like the plans and I don't understand them.
I thought I was going to lose my daughter when she was born as well. She was a preemie, had Hyaline Membrane disease, and it was terrifying.

@Terri9630 :huggs:big hugs and prayers to you and kiddo.
@Grimm So good to hear from you! Also, I totally knew Roo would flourish doing homeschool. You are awesome. I was a teacher and for a while taught preschool. There were several parents I warned. Their children were "too smart." I knew they would be bored in public school. Once a 4 year old was answering 2-3 grade math problems in his head. Tell me what they were going to teach him in kindergarten. Anyhoo, Roo will do fabulous. I'm so happy for you both (all.)
@Sewingcreations15 How many more days? I wish there was something I could do - yes even from way over here. It just sounds so painful.

Often really intelligent children and adults figure out how to play the game and it isn't always in their best interest. I have seen some games, and I am sure I missed some things. There is always a cheater or two in the mix, and who are they cheating? Themselves.

I believe you can do this and do a great job of educating Roo and Juju. You have my vote of confidence. I know this will be in Roo's best interest at many levels.

I am bonding with the girls on a whole new level and it feels good! I should have listened to God and my heart 2 years ago when Roo started school and home schooled her then. I might not be working to correct the bad habits she learned at the public school if I had.

I am bonding with the girls on a whole new level and it feels good! I should have listened to God and my heart 2 years ago when Roo started school and home schooled her then. I might not be working to correct the bad habits she learned at the public school if I had.

Well your doing what you can now so don't let bother you. I admire people go to the effort to protect their kids from this world now and fell bad for those who are not able to do so through no fault of their own. :thumbs:

I'm dealing with vertigo. This is something new to me and I'm struggling a little. After being still for a while, any sudden head movement gives me a spinning feeling, which ranges from barely noticeable to almost vomiting. It doesn't bother if I'm up and moving and it goes away after a few seconds, and it's not like the feeling of standing up too quickly. Very annoying...

I'm dealing with vertigo. This is something new to me and I'm struggling a little. After being still for a while, any sudden head movement gives me a spinning feeling, which ranges from barely noticeable to almost vomiting. It doesn't bother if I'm up and moving and it goes away after a few seconds, and it's not like the feeling of standing up too quickly. Very annoying...
My wife has it on occasion severely.
There are maneuvers that work.

Meclazine or Benadryl works for her.
She takes Benadryl every night as a maintenance Drug to to prevent it , it works.

Jim

Sorry to hear that sounds frustrating.Hubby and I deal with tinnitis [ maybe wifi ,hehe] .

As Jim said, there are exercises that can be done to help. A former colleague of mine had vertigo and found a doctor who helped her with exercises. There might be some YouTube videos showing how to do them. She also talked about crystals in the ears. I had never heard of that before. Best to you in this. From what I know, it can be debilitating.

So I drank my anti depressant this morning. One and a half beers in a iced mug,did the trick,also think the dancing helped to get the endophins [ sorry no spell check ] going.

Now I just have to figure out where ot put the bed since it is 6 ft from the meter.:(
We went minimum so only 3 rooms downstairs,guess we will be in the living room.
Hubby is napping with his head next to the G5 or 5G forgot.:eek: So I'll unplug till he wakes up.
PS he changed his mind so still online.

So I drank my anti depressant this morning. One and a half beers in a iced mug,did the trick,also think the dancing helped to get the endophins [ sorry no spell check ] going.

I don't want to alarm you but alcohol is a depressant, not an anti-depressant. Bananas and strawberries however are natural anti-depressants. Maybe you need a milkshake! Dancing of course should help improve one's mood.

Spike ,
Look it up , it's called the Epley manuever.
Very east to do, and it does work ...sometimes, sometimes not, depending on how severe it is.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319171.php

Jim

I don't want to alarm you but alcohol is a depressant, not an anti-depressant. Bananas and strawberries however are natural anti-depressants. Maybe you need a milkshake! Dancing of course should help improve one's mood.

If you drink enough of it it is. Sentry I only drink a beer or two at a time past year never get but half the last one down.Compost gets most of my 6 pack. But thanks for your concern and I may try that recipe next time.:Thankyou::thumbs:

My wife was in a car wreck a few years ago, hit her head. Went to the ER and got checked out and sent home with serious bruising to her chest from seat belt, and head. 2 days later woke up yelling she was falling..while laying flat on her back in bed. Took her back to ER and they couldn't find anything, but sent her to a ENT who diagnosed her with Benign Positional Vertigo. She went to a PT for 2 months before they got her much improved. She still has short bouts with it. Dr told her the impact jarred the crystals from an ordered pattern to a jumble. The crystals send signals to your brain for balance, which way your looking, etc.

Time for me to post another gripe on here. We found a problem that caused us to have to make a report to the state of downtime we had. As a result, this week I spent one day putting together a timeline of events since Feburary for that station. Meetings with my boss to try and figure out what went on and why. Next day, had a major critique involving 4 division directors and more than 20 other folks asking questions, looking at everything from the equipment used, who and what took place, to what could we do to prevent this to happening again. Needless to say I had to be front and center for a good portion of the critique ( I hate speaking to groups BTW). On the plus side I had been working with my techs and we had came up with 4 seperate things we can do to prevent and give notice of a problem. That was received very well. This will go on for months until everyone has crossed all the T's and dotted all the i's.

The last 2 days I have been priveledged to attend a Diversity and Inclusion class. Let me tell you that was fun. Primary topic was White Male Privledge. Toward the end of it one guy in the class (which was composed on white men and women, black women, lationo man, and a couple of something in the LBGTQABCDFG group) spoke in a group speak setting of how he had to speak up as to how boiling mad this discussion had made him. Related his upbringing in a broken home, with drugs and alcohol, etc. How he went in the marines and changed his life, came back home and worked his way and took night school to work into a masters degree. He asked how making a descision to better yourself and work hard to make it happen should be considered a privledge. Several of us thanked him for speaking pretty much our minds as well.

And the company thought it was a good idea to pull nearly 60 people away from their work for 2 days for this at the end of our Fiscal Year, which is always more hectic than any other time even if just normal stuff is going on.. And there is going to be 5 more classes coming up for others. Makes me want to put my head thru the wall sometimes.dead horsedead horsedead horsedead horse

Received a yarn donation today.
It was left on my front porch in a bag.
Have spent pretty much the whole day rolling 56 skeins of Pantry Rose yarn into 3.5 ounce balls.
Will put with something else to brighten it up for crocheted blankets for Veterans.
Crocheting Across America charity project.
Haven't done much of anything today.
Tired, slightly sick to my stomach, dizzy, room spins in opposite direction than I'm sitting.
Don't seem to have balance today either.

This helped tremendously when I was having vertigo. https://www.everydayhearing.com/balance/crystals-in-ears-causing-dizziness/

I'm doing the Epley manuever that @phideaux recommended. It is definitely my right ear and wow do I get vertigo when I lay back with my head turned. After doing the excercise I feel like I'm going to puke for a few minutes. It's kind of like being s---face drunk. Hopefully it will help...
It took a few days before I could tell, I was beginning to think my Dr was messing with me. But she wouldn't do that..... Actually she might but she would have had some one video.

....The last 2 days I have been priveledged to attend a Diversity and Inclusion class. Let me tell you that was fun. Primary topic was White Male Privledge.
.. And there is going to be 5 more classes coming up for others. Makes me want to put my head thru the wall sometimes.
Thank you for reminding me to say:
Thank GOD I am retired!
Thank God, thank God, I am free at last!:green man:
I took my "white male privilege" and went to the damn house telling them :good luck: finding out how much fun this actually is.

I don't have any symptoms of a sinus infection.
The only time I had vertigo, I didn't know I had a sinus infection:). Walking into a wall down a straight hall is what finally got me to a doctor to figure it out. Hope you get it figured out. It's sure not as fun as it might seem.

I don't have any symptoms of a sinus infection.
From one working man to another, there is one other thing that can cause this especially if it is mostly in one ear.
We've all been schooled on hearing protection.
If you go into an extremely loud (>140db) noise area and the frequency is below the hearing range of a human, guess what you hear?
Nothing.
Can it damage your hearing and ears? Absolutely.
Since you heard nothing, guess how you know?
This is very unlikely, just wanted to toss it out.

@Terri9630 glad the doctors are still working on your daughter and I hope they find something that works for her soon.

@Grimm doing a great job of homeschooling and I am glad you are getting closer to your daughters in the process.

@Spikedriver I hope the vertigo goes soon.

@Meerkat and @LadyLocust thank you for your kind thoughts and yes it is extremely painful. I have now stopped putting cream on the crusted bits and will work on the forehead and cheeks for the last 5 days including today. Read the brochure and it said to stop treating areas that are crusted and it also says to not put the cream on open parts of the skin and in my case that is where it has split open around the mouth and nose. Taking a bit of paracetamol when needed for the pain as you can't use moisturiser to soften the skin.

Yesterday was deep cleaning the house for the week and I cleaned both the bathrooms and toilet and DH vacuumed the whole home.

We then moved onto DH washing the dishes and cleaning the benches and I wiped them and put them away and both did a load of laundry each and hung it out to dry and I set off the grey water from the tank to water the mandarin tree. Also I put on a loaf of bread in the bread making machine and we had some of it for lunch.

Today I emptied out the rubbish and recycling from both bins while DH finished off putting off the heavy duty chicken wire on the front of the garden beds and set up two gates with star pickets at each end. One section will need a bit of wire down the bottom as the ground slopes down in that section and then it will be complete and ready to plant our vegetables into.

We might fold up two loads more of clean washing this afternoon so the house is tidy for Sunday being tomorrow. Tonight's dinner will be rump steak with steamed vegetables and we are thinking on making a cheesecake for dessert.

I'm doing the Epley manuever that @phideaux recommended. It is definitely my right ear and wow do I get vertigo when I lay back with my head turned. After doing the excercise I feel like I'm going to puke for a few minutes. It's kind of like being s---face drunk. Hopefully it will help...

If it persists you might want to have yourself checked for Meniere's syndrome. My dad fought it for 15 years before finding a doctor in Memphis that could help him.

Meniere’s is an inner ear nerve disorder that usually affects only one ear. It's random, "spells" usually last only 3 or 4 days then you might be fine for a month or two, but it will come back.

The only thing my dad could do during a "spell" was hug the floor!

Latest posts

Back