What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my toes broken today at the VA. My hammer toes were causing a problem so they straightened them and put pins in for the next six weeks. Eventually this means less pain and almost eliminates the chance of infection. I almost placed this the prepping thread as this should reduce my need for a doctor, at least for this one condition.
Had my toes broken today at the VA. My hammer toes were causing a problem so they straightened them and put pins in for the next six weeks. Eventually this means less pain and almost eliminates the chance of infection. I almost placed this the prepping thread as this should reduce my need for a doctor, at least for this one condition.
:huggs:Sorry Car hope they heals quick.

k
@Dani just catching up on posts. So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope I am as fortunate in my old age as Granny was to have you. Thoughts and prayers of the very best to you.
@Meerkat You are awesome. I think your eyes must be improving. Your typing is getting better each day. And I think all computers are out to make us sound like imbeciles.
@Amish Heart Maybe she won't have to go back after Thanksgiving :ghostly:

It's been in the low 20s here the last couple nights. Almost 10* difference between our house and the airport readings. Airport is at the other end of town but doesn't seem like it should make that much of a difference.
It's been a busy week - just work, but busy. Next weekend is Spokane Quilt Show. My mom and sometimes aunt and SIL go (&me). This year just Mom and I are going but I'm looking forward to it. I've been to quite a few across the NW and it's one of the nicest I've attended.

Thank you LLady, I'm doing lots better at dealing with it and nor as dizzy since I'm adjusting but still can't drive and today got 2 more bruises from bumping into cabinet, door ledge. Do a lot better in early to mid day. I will see newdr next month. :Thankyou::huggs:

Kids 11 I'd put him up against any 20 year old in my area. He is pretty good with my type of rough skills. He has tutoring year round in math and science to teach him the things I can't. I push him really hard to excel but honestly I just hope he's a good,strong valued, happy man.

We need more men like you to make men out of these boys like they use to.:thumbs:

After doing a complete brake job and rotating the tires on my Jeep Cherokee TH yesterday, I ain't doing much today. I ain't as young as I used to was, lol, every muscle in my body hurts today.

On the plus side I saved about 500 bucks doing it myself. Dealer gets a hundred bucks for parts and 4 to 5 hundred for labor. All I have in it is 80 bucks in parts and my labor, oh, and a screaming body from all of the aches.

Way to go Curmudgion.:thumbs:

Finally got my steps finished for the front porch. The entire rest of the porch was not a big deal, but the steps kicked my rear. Other than running 4 cables from post to post, instead of baulisters I'm done.

Good for you BacP I bet you and the wife is very proud. We do a job that kicks out buyy and when its done with us we feel great .

I made hubby go fishing. Yesterday late afternoon when he got back, I had the trailer ready so he hopped in the shower, hitched up and took off. There's a place up the mountain that has started a Saturday night prime rib with reservations so I called and asked if they had room for two more. It was outstanding! With roasted seasoned spuds with onions and a few peppers and green beans and house made country bread toasted - I'm still full. He fished a good part of the day with no takes or catches but did him a world of good to go stand in the water waving a stick and string around.

Good for you BacP I bet you and the wife is very proud. We do a job that kicks out buyy and when its done with us we feel great .

We are happy to have that knocked out. Took me way to long to finish it, but the garden took priority in the spring. Glad I'm done with it.

Lady, Good for your hubs. Spending a day fishin is about as relaxing as it gets. Catching something is just a bonus. Be safe on the trip.

I made hubby go fishing. Yesterday late afternoon when he got back, I had the trailer ready so he hopped in the shower, hitched up and took off. There's a place up the mountain that has started a Saturday night prime rib with reservations so I called and asked if they had room for two more. It was outstanding! With roasted seasoned spuds with onions and a few peppers and green beans and house made country bread toasted - I'm still full. He fished a good part of the day with no takes or catches but did him a world of good to go stand in the water waving a stick and string around.

LOL, LadyL, sometimes I just see some of the post or what I'm reading.
I saw where you said " hitched up " and thought you were in a buggy.

LOL, LadyL, sometimes I just see some of the post or what I'm reading.
I saw where you said " hitched up " and thought you were in a buggy.
We have a little 1968 Aristocrat Land Commander that we restored. It's so easy to pull and keep ready, we love it. Her name is Mrs. Calabash as we are Jimmy Durante fans. There's a "sign" on the back that says "Good night Mrs. Calabash wherever you are."

Darn, I was supposed to take my old truck over to a retired mechanic's house this afternoon.

I forgot until about 8:30pm. I left a message on his phone... will call again in the morning. Hopefully I can still bring it to his house tomorrow.

I haven't worked on a carbureted engine since 1993. Everyone says this guy can rebuild or tune a carb in his sleep. My carb needs work. Was going to have him finish the tune up while at it... (new plugs, plug wires, distributor and hei coil are in a box in the truck)... Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

It's been raining off and on since noon... got nothing done outside but I did manage to delete another 700 redundant photos off my computer while watching sports.

One of the offspring brought home the epizootics so now I've got it too. A really bad headache, sinus congestion, and not much I can take that's strong enough to kick it out cuz of possible drug interactions.
If you get sick and can take any over the counter stuff, more power to ya!

Busy day today and started off the morning making a list of what fruit we needed for the home and priced the usual supermarket but couldn't price the independent one so wrote down the supermarket prices to compare as we go to the independent one first.

First stop coming into small country town was the tyre shop where we picked up 2 x log lifters with can hook and post pullers in one unit and we practically stole them for the low price we wrangled on them. Next stop was the vampires to get some blood taken to check on both my cholesterol and hormone levels for the medication I have been taking to see if the tablet dosages need to be adjusted. Unfortunately I think they nicked a vein or something and after taking pressure off it after 5 mins or so a not so nice fountain sprung up so I had to go back over to get a pressure bandage put on to control the bleeding :eek: . Well that is a new experience and never had that happen before but they told me the clot must have moved ??.

Then to the physiotherapist for DH and he is feeling much better after a sleep to reset and he is now moving out his appointments to 3 weeks instead of 2 with a goal of 4 weeks apart appointments down the track. We then walked from the physio to a small country independent supermarket and picked up some bargain clearance fruit and just one of the bargains was a kilo of strawberries for $2. Took another walk up to the bank to get some money out for our home emergency kitty.

Headed then to the bank where DH banked the RSL takings. Then to the larger supermarket to pick up our groceries I purchased with a 10% off voucher and packed it in the AWD.

We stopped under some shady trees and had a cream bun each and some chocolate milk as my blood pressure which is usually low anyway had plummeted after having blood taken and I started to feel a little more normal on the way home. When I got home I transferred the grocery money and food expenditure from the grocery account to the working account to level that up and accounted for all expenditure.

Just dated, rotated and packed the groceries away and re-organised the food storage room. Dinner tonight will be homemade quiche and strawberries and cream for dessert.

Get well wishes to Patchouli and Meerkat!
Not sure what I'm doing today, but I do have a mile long to do list.
Absolutely have to get to the post office, get game bird feed for the turkeys, clean house, make dinner, bring granddaughter to American Heritage Girls this evening, and do a ton of laundry. Time to pull out the rest of the green beans and plant more lettuce and spinach.

I think it is time to stop posting.Sight is coming and going now. I'm doing a lot better though. And sure surgery will fix it.

Our prayers go with you. Come back when you can.

Take care Meer,
Prayers for ya dear, that they can get you taken care of soon.

Jim

prayers sent your way meer. GOD will be with you.

Take care of yourself @Meerkat and don't get eye strain as your eyesight is weak.

@Patchouli get well soon and both you and Meer will be in our prayers to get better soon.

Get well wishes to Patchouli and Meerkat!
Not sure what I'm doing today, but I do have a mile long to do list.
Absolutely have to get to the post office, get game bird feed for the turkeys, clean house, make dinner, bring granddaughter to American Heritage Girls this evening, and do a ton of laundry. Time to pull out the rest of the green beans and plant more lettuce and spinach.

Prayers for Meer and Patch. Get well soon you two.

Sorry yall for thinking your code or mind readers.:huggs:I'm getting frustrated but so far not any worse. Just have to adjust and take breaks.

I meant i need to stop posting last night for awhile.:dunno:

Hubby can't watch me and correct post all the time. He is now going cooking, most cleaning saving what plants we have left i n this draught.

@Meerkat that sounds very serious, hope everything works out.

Thx, y'all. I can't even understand or remember stuff like this, and no fever!
:dunno: oh that's right. I'm like this anyway.
:confused:

Patch seems like some of us are dealing with some stuff. I'm just another one. Yall are all precious to me since don't seem to have much help from family. But they do have lots of problems with thier kids and grand kids and just living in an age of chaos,so I understand. And we did move away 20 yr ago.
I'm learning to go real slow and lean forward on laptop. Hubby read cataracts only damage lens no matte how long to surgery but I want to see so making appt with new dr. I too have studied about them. Caan't wait to drive again!!! Hubby did let me drive down driveway on dirt road yesterday. :lil guy:.He was like:eyeballs:.

Probably just piddle around the shop today.
FB_IMG_1571062848830.jpg

Never heard of piddleing...how about...
FB_IMG_1571016208552.jpg

Jim

Replacement Nest furnace thermostat was delivered early this morning by FedEx. Installed and programmed it. So far fully operational. Great Nest customer service.

Detailed troubleshooting email to Endomag. When converted mag is loaded with more the 20 rounds the mag will not lock in the mag well.

Mowed the fallen tree leaves into the surrounding woods, again.

Forget today was a Federal holiday. Retrieve the mail I had placed in the mailbox.

Replacement Nest furnace thermostat was delivered early this morning by FedEx. Installed and programmed it. So far fully operational. Great Nest customer service.

Detailed troubleshooting email to Endomag. When converted mag is loaded with more the 20 rounds the mag will not lock in the mag well.

Mowed the fallen tree leaves into the surrounding woods, again.

Forget today was a Federal holiday. Retrieve the mail I had placed in the mailbox.
That's okay Lazy, I just returned from the closed bank:)

Latest posts

Back