What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made yet another mistake in another Christmas blanket.
So took it apart again.
I think instead of trying to crochet for awhile.
I'll just sit, rock, think and pray.
Might be gone for a little while before surgery.
My grand daughter is ill.
So as I sit here rocking, with tears flowing down my cheeks, I'm praying.
She's my reason to get up and face a new day.
If I don't post for a while, I'm just rocking, reading forums.

Oh Mo. I hope its not serious and she's better and wresteling with Strawberry soon.

@MoBookworm1957 , those grandbabies sure do become our whole life...
Prayers that she is not seriously ill.

Prayers for you and the upcoming surgery.
Apply heat to that knee everyday as often as you can.
Gets the vascularity up for the bones and muscles...for quick healing.
Every little bit helps.
Mine is beyond my expectations.

Let us know about that little GD.

Jim

Prayers for your sweet granddaughter, and for you, Mo.
Snappy 1: recipe for the fig butter, please?
45 min drive to dentist, 2 hrs in the chair, 45 min home. My face hurts. Did some grocery shopping. Pork butt was 97 cents a lb. Got 3 big packages.
Made some hamburger soup for supper, but husband won't be home till late, so I'll wait for him.
Cousin called to catch up, but I could hear her teeth chattering in the phone shack.

I'm sitting here not happy. My log splitter that is supposed to be here today is aparently confused. The tracking says that it left Phoenix then went to Holbrook, Casa Grande, back to Phoenix then Albuquerque and is now loaded on a trailer that will be heading back to Pheonix!!

UGH! I hate it when that happens.

Made yet another mistake in another Christmas blanket.
So took it apart again.
I think instead of trying to crochet for awhile.
I'll just sit, rock, think and pray.
Might be gone for a little while before surgery.
My grand daughter is ill.
So as I sit here rocking, with tears flowing down my cheeks, I'm praying.
She's my reason to get up and face a new day.
If I don't post for a while, I'm just rocking, reading forums.
We can all say some prayers. I hope it is not serious and that granddaughter gets well soon.

@MoBookworm1957 Prayers to you and grand baby. Keep yourself well first. You can't be run down going into surgery. We're praying for you both.
@Amish Heart Ouch! Good buy on pig butts though.
I worked at my old job today and will tomorrow then Friday back to "new job" which is for ourselves but means I will be playing catchup.

I stopped by a battery store to buy an unusual one for my laser sight. The sales person - very nice guy - said they were having a sale on LED lightbulbs. A pack of eight of them for $2.43, I think they were 9 or 11 watts each - equivalent to a 60 watt incandescent. 30 cents per bulb. Now that's cheap! So I bought a box.

Came home and thought I would do the family a favor by replacing some in the guest bathroom (my sister is visiting). We have an old six globe bulb fixture in there from the 80's. I'll admit, I had let the bulb replacing slide over time (those globe bulbs are expensive). We were down to two out of six bulbs still working. They were 25 watters, so we had 50 watts of yellowish incandescent light up there until today. Now we have 360 watt equivalents at 5000K kelvin color temperature (bright white)!

I'll tell you, the first time my sister turned on the lights, she screamed. It's like the surface of the sun in there! Doesn't help that the walls are painted white and the counter tops are white marble. Large mirrors all over too. We ended up unscrewing five of the six bulbs to protect our eyes. So down to only ONE of those Binford 2000's for now.

Evidently, if you type the word l i g h t b u l b the forum software will replace that with the animated thing you see in my post above. Hmmm ... that's some pretty presumptuous software we have installed.

Just for the record, an electrical glowing glass sphere is called a "light bulb". Which is why the smiley was entered as one word instead of two. :)

After having so much success turning or bathrooms into supernova intensity tanning booths, I decided to go for kitchen light replacement today. I was so happy to find 3 foot LED fixtures in Home Depot. We have recessed ceiling florescent tubes. 4 foot is common, and cheap. 3 foot is a totally different story. Of course, the stupid builders put 3 foot in our house and we've been suffering with it all these years. Like $10 per tube to replace, and you don't even want to know what the ballasts cost.

A bigger job than I thought, but I'll finish it one of these days. Will be nice to have LEDs that shouldn't need replacing during my remaining years.

Last edited:
Update on grand daughter.
She had vomited in her sleep, choked was turning blue when her mama found her.
She was life flight to Children's Mercy Hospital Tuesday night.
They have taken blood.
Seems someone didn't do his job completely in June.
ENT surgeon put tubes in her ears in June, but didn't take out her tonsils or andnoids.
So my little girl has been suffering to just breathe since June.
Her tonsils are so swollen they're touching each other.
She also is suffering from Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
She has lost 3 pounds this week.
I'm still rocking, praying.
Yesterday, while I held her while they were taking more blood.
She was singing Frere Jacquez?
Granny teaches her songs weekly.
We're home today.
I have her again tomorrow at my house.
Oh, she's allergic to her sister's cats too.
But so is Granny.
Terri, she and Strawberry were trying to play today.
Hopefully her tonsils come out next week.
Next Wednesday, her Pulmonary Doctor is doing a sleep test Wednesday.
To see if it's safe to take the tonsils out.
As for the doctor whom didn't do his job.
He will have a review board meeting.
My Grand daughter could have died.

So sorry... an airway check is so basic. Swollen tonsils should have been caught. Sounds like someone is on the ball now... This incident will guarantee she'll be checked with a fine tooth comb, so maybe some good can come from it. Wishing you and yours the best. :)

This is Duck day… getting all my ducks in a row. Transmission and oil filters changed, fluids topped off, new shock absorbers installed. I still have to check the tires for proper inflation. I need a new air gauge. I no longer trust the two old ones I have. They are good enough for a tractor or baler but I wouldn’t trust them for a truck or car.

Laundry in the wash. I’ll pack my bag afterwards, clothes I’ll wear already hanging on back of the door. I’ll pack my meds and tinctures on Sunday morning then I’m off.

I driving up to the big city Sunday afternoon to stay the night. I have my hotel rm reserved. Out patient procedures and appointments begin at 0600 Monday morning, it’s going to be so much fun. o_O With any luck I’ll be headed home by early afternoon.

Praying for Peanut and Mobookworm's grand! Please do updates when you all can!

Yesterday was doc appts, mine for semi annual and DH for COPD. Both went well or as well as expected. Stopped at thrift shops, but spent nothing. Got goat feed and then Walmart for next year's eBay folders. Then home and all chores done.

Today is National Banana Bread--really banana fruitcake-- Day (at my house, anyway). Will get started as soon as I am off here.

Thoughts and prayers Mo.

Used up some comp time today so I could work on a couple Christmas gifts. Picked up a Walther P22 and added some HiViz sights for my youngest boy, he is tired of sharing guns with his sisters. Then I picked up an Aero Precision lower and completed it with a Midway lower parts kit for my oldest boy. He has an AR-15 with two uppers, now he will have two complete AR's. Or he will after Christmas anyway. In just a bit I need to sneak out to the store and pick up a couple things for the wife for Christmas from the kids. Not gun related... unfortunately. ;) I also need to chop some ice off the drive way get a pork loin in the smoker.

IMG_20191206_081134.jpg

IMG_20191206_092600.jpg

I driving up to the big city Sunday afternoon to stay the night. I have my hotel rm reserved. Out patient procedures and appointments begin at 0600 Monday morning, it’s going to be so much fun. o_O With any luck I’ll be headed home by early afternoon.

@Peanut ,
Well I'm getting old, so forgive me if I missed or forgot what is going on here on Monday...hope it's not something too serious.

Prayers for ya..

Jim
PS, I'm a stickler on the PSI in my car and truck tires...use 2 gages..:dunno::D

Latest posts

Back