What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shoveled snow and swept the walkway between the side and back doors out to the garage and shop - in my shirt sleeves.
I didn't even notice how cold it was until I came back in the house.
I collected the mail and processed some brass that I may load tonight. I got to get busy on that cause winter is nearly over!;)

Snappy...do you waterbath the pineapple?
Had lunch out with husband after allergy shot. Filled up the dehydrator with cabbage. Snow is melting, so feed animals in many inches of mud. Romanian came by for eggs, and caught up with youngest daughter on the phone. Twins made tinfoil hats and played guitars for little granddaughter getting off the bus today.
Made another half gallon of hot chocolate mix with dehydrated marshmallows. The kids are going through it fast now that I taught them how to steam and foam milk using the barista.

One nutty day! I had to drive over to Lewiston this morning after snow last night so was trying to get out of the house a little early. Couldn't find keys- last had them fob tucked in my pocket keys hanging out last night shoveling snow. So got a pitch fork and ran it through the snow to try to snag them. Thoroughly went through snow this evening with pitch fork then bar magnet then snow shovel again. No luck. I guess I will find them when the snow thaws. I made it to Lewiston and back. Helped hubby on a quick delivery job. Back at shop, I asked where the dog was. Looked, called, walked all over. Called animal control. Was just on the phone with humane society when someone saw on FB that he was picked up and texted hubby. Someone took him from in front of our shop. All they had to do was ask anybody if they knew the dog. Kids get off the school bus there and ask where he is if he isn't there. Everyone knows him. He's the official greeter. He has a collar but he tore his tag off. He's also wearing his coat. It's not like he's mangy and uncared for looking. Anyhoo, folks who dog napped him took him to doggy jail so we had to go bail him out. Also they were feeding him "treats" so he'll probably have the squirts. I forgot to take anything out for supper when looking for my keys so we're going out to eat.
PS - we don't like that people pick up dogs - especially when it's obvious they are cared for.

Walmart for thumb drive to copy pictures from the cloud so wife can get them printed.

Burger King for a fish sandwich and soda. Used a gift card to pay for it.

Tractor Supply for chicken feed and mouse poison. They have Liberty gun safes on sale, tempting. NickOfTimeMoving.com will pickup and delver to my first floor for $315. Very temping.

Another day resting trying to get over the crud. I made it down to the chicken pen, although not asked evidently my grtnephew had fed them sometime this week. The storm winds of last Saturday ripped the chicken coop roof to shreds (double layered tarp). I guess it's time for a new one.

I slept way to late so I'll be up late tonight. This flu has my night and days all mixed up.

Working on online class sitting in my recliner with knee elevated with ice.
Only thing I remember from the first half of first lecture was the introduction of instructor.
Am sleeping really good in recliner.
There are 12 lectures that are a hour long each.
So will try again tomorrow.
Class title Science- Understanding the Hubble Telescope and Images.
Slept off and on all day, really tired.
Have walked 490 steps today.
Keep getting up walking so I don't get overly stiff so that my right leg doesn't throb.

Got blow and shovel some snow and then I need to run the kids around town (one to a store, another to a play date, and another just wants out of the house). I am sure the Mrs. will have a list of stuff for me to pick up somewhere in there too. Plus I will of course stop in at the gun store to fondle some metal money. Otherwise not too much going on this weekend. At some point I plan on watching Red Dawn in the home theater.

Got the twins off early this morning to an all day band practice. Little granddaughter and I have been feeding the animals, deicing the water. Woke up to the low 20's. We made husband a big breakfast, and off he went to pulmonary rehab. We went to drop off a trunk load to the thrift store, and to the discount bread store. Husband says he will have me empty his walk in closet and he will go through stuff that he hasn't seen or touched in years. He's thinking it'll take an hour. I'm thinking all afternoon.

Slept in til 0930.
I'm up dressed, hair is combed.
Sitting in recliner with knee elevated, been iced.
Sipping coffee, ate ham sandwich for lunch.
Slightly cold.
Just hanging around knitting of sorts, crocheting.
Easy day.
After while 4 little kids are supposed to bring me banana bread.
That will be interesting.
Thinking about a nap too.

Told the wife I'll be outside shoveling.
Wife doesn't want me too for fear I'll have a heart attack because I don't "exercise".
Isn't shoveling exercise?

LazyL wife is right you need to condition for that type of workout.You don't want to find out the hard way ' what condtion your condition is in' [ couldn't help it reminded me of that old song] .

Beautiful day today. Increased the size of the chicken coop. They aren't happy about it.:rolleyes:

You'd think they would like it,huh ? Mine act like its party time. Of course they free range all day but like a change at night .
We keep them in pens whn we take a trip. We come back home and its liek the gates are open at the race.

Working in Pueblo, Colorado until Tuesday. First time I've worked here. It seems to be one of the better places I've worked in the last couple of years. Little cold in the mornings, but above freezing once the sun comes up. And there's IHOP, Cracker Barrel, and Golden Corral right by my hotel. I won't be going hungry...:D

Yesterday started off the morning with huge amounts of rain around 30mm of the stuff so our rainwater tank pool was about to overflow so we rigged together a rugged looking extension hose to the top of it and it overflowed into the back yard instead of the veranda. I deep cleaned the bathrooms and toilet for the week and then we used some of the water from the rainwater tank to really water the calla and canna lilies and shrubs in the gardens around the home. As we had more water again I damp dusted the bathroom and toilet downstairs and the rumpus room too.

We went out in the yard and celebrated in the rain that all of our water tanks are now full and overflowing and collected more rainwater in tubs for watering the gardens, wallabies and kangaroos. In celebration we ran a huge bath for ourselves and took turns at luxuriating in it with bath salts as we had both forgotten what it was like to have a bath rather than a quick shower.

Today we started off the morning with going down the RSL club and getting all the food cut and ready for the monthly bingo day which we did and I swept and wiped over tables and meal prep areas too. Went to bingo but didn't win anything but am still ahead as I used money I put in the entertainment jar from my winnings from previous months. Had some really good conversations with locals and we had a sausage sizzle down there so that was dinner. This afternoon on the way home we drove by our seasonal creek and joy of joys the water is flowing in torrents down it and the wallabies and kangaroos are sitting in the storm water drains in the water eating the grass in the middle of it.

Plans tomorrow are to fertilise the gardens and fruit trees while we have the excess rainwater available.

Now just sitting and relaxing for a while.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back