What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today wife and I are going to go crusin in the Vette. We are going to see the couple that I bought the Vette from last January.
Wife is wanting a kitten , and he has one.
When I bought the car , he knocked off $200 because the cruise control didn't work . He said it was working last time he drove it. I almost didn't buy it because of that.
I drive by cruise.

So I told him if it was a cheap fix I'd give him back the $200.
I took me 3 minutes to repair a vacuum line.
So....I'm gonna give him back the $200.
That will be a good surprise ...$200 kitten ;)

We just want to have a fun day.
Hope we can find some place open for lunch.

It's an hour drive to his house.

Y'all have a great Saturday and think about our military past hero's over the weekend.

Jim
Enjoy your drive Jim

I feel for you, I had to do the same thing after my Mom passed. I have 2 sisters. one was very helpful. the other is a thief drug addict . who made it very hard.
we had a huge garage sale and sold a lot of stuff. The sister no help. asked me what we made on the garage sale. As she figured a 1/3rd of the profits were hers. I handed her a $5.00 dollar bill and told here I sold everything for $15.00 LOL she called me a liar. I asked if she was there? she said no. I said ''exactly my point'' and walked off
Losing parents when you are still a child is tough, but I finally have the realization that there are good things in every tough situation. I know too many stories from people I know where the parent's estate settlement was so horrible. I am so glad I do not have to go through that! Wish I had had my mother all these 62 years that she has been gone, but so many siblings think they are entitled to the money and property, but no responsibility or work!

Losing parents when you are still a child is tough, but I finally have the realization that there are good things in every tough situation. I know too many stories from people I know where the parent's estate settlement was so horrible. I am so glad I do not have to go through that! Wish I had had my mother all these 62 years that she has been gone, but so many siblings think they are entitled to the money and property, but no responsibility or work!

Family can be difficult for sure. No problem with any setlements though, all I gto was bills.

Family can be difficult for sure. No problem with any setlements though, all I gto was bills.
I was pretty young when I started babysitting, 10 or 11. Even then, all of my family members coveted my little bit of money earned and if I didn't keep it on me, it disappeared. Just another reason to get as far away from the lot of them as possible and to stay away.

Spending the day with the family and my folks. Was supposed to be rainy but so far it's just cool and cloudy. Got a couple turkey breasts in brine that will soon go into the smoker. Which means a whole lot of my sitting in the patio in a comfy lawn chair, drinking lemonade, watching kids/dogs run around, and being lazy.

I was in my early 20's when my mom passed. Her husband kept everything but a 50 gallon barrel of material which he had no interest in. Got it home and found her entire collection of pink depression glass carefully packed in material. That is all I received and had he known, I'm sure he would have kept that also.

Today, I walked, did video, par boiled chicken, made rice (for dogs), made faux potato salad (thanks for the idea, Sentry). DH said it tasted just like regular potato salad (which I made for him yesterday). Going to make stuffed grilled jalapenos to go with the chicken that will be grilled. May make some baked beans also.

Still have to do some eBay photos and then rest later.

Spending the day with the family and my folks. Was supposed to be rainy but so far it's just cool and cloudy. Got a couple turkey breasts in brine that will soon go into the smoker. Which means a whole lot of my sitting in the patio in a comfy lawn chair, drinking lemonade, watching kids/dogs run around, and being lazy.

The good life. :thumbs:

I wanted to work in the garden today, get a few more things planted. But... limping today, got a boo-boo on my foot, been hurting since thursday evening. I had to bring dad a magnifying glass and a super bright light this morning. He dug a piece of wire out of the bottom of my foot.

I had a similar pain on the same foot a couple of weeks ago, pain went away by itself. The wire has to be coming from one of my shoes. This boo-boo is getting infected.

Anywho... I stuffed my sock with plantain, it'll pull out any infection. But... I guess I'm sitting with my foot up the rest of the day. :( I don't have any fresh St. Johns wort on hand, darn. It has a long history of preventing tetanus and even healing it after its started. I took 6 other herbal anitbiotics... between them and the plantain I'll be fine.

I reorganized all my dvds and blurays this morning. I stacked all my war movies by the player so I have plenty to watch for the rest of the weekend. I noticed Sargent York was on last night but I have it on dvd so I didn't watch it then, maybe this afternoon.

I wanted to work in the garden today, get a few more things planted. But... limping today, got a boo-boo on my foot, been hurting since thursday evening. I had to bring dad a magnifying glass and a super bright light this morning. He dug a piece of wire out of the bottom of my foot.

I had a similar pain on the same foot a couple of weeks ago, pain went away by itself. The wire has to be coming from one of my shoes. This boo-boo is getting infected.

Anywho... I stuffed my sock with plantain, it'll pull out any infection. But... I guess I'm sitting with my foot up the rest of the day. :( I don't have any fresh St. Johns wort on hand, darn. It has a long history of preventing tetanus and even healing it after its started. I took 6 other herbal anitbiotics... between them and the plantain I'll be fine.

I reorganized all my dvds and blurays this morning. I stacked all my war movies by the player so I have plenty to watch for the rest of the weekend. I noticed Sargent York was on last night but I have it on dvd so I didn't watch it then, maybe this afternoon.

Peanut wha do you think about tetnus and do you get those shots?

Take care of yourself Peanut.

I love Sgt York. Just watched it a few weeks ago. Great movie.

I want to repurpose the house overhead garage door opener to my shop.
Spent some time looking the situation over.
6' florescent ceiling light will have to be moved out of the way.
Extension ladder stored on the shop ceiling will have to be moved.

Looked on the Al Bore's Internet looking for wall mount ladder brackets. Nothing worth buying. I'll bolt 2x4s to the vertical wall 4x4s to hold the ladder.

Two - new 4' LED overnight lights mounted away form the door opener will replace the 6' florescent.

Two - 4x4 posts spanning the distance between the rafters were used to hold the ladder up. The 4x4s will be reused to hold the motor end of the door opener.

Good job for the next rainy day.

Peanut wha do you think about tetnus and do you get those shots?

Pretty sure I had a shot 2 summers ago in the ER when I sliced my thumb open so no worries...

However I've always been worried about the rarity of St Johnswort in the southeast. It's never even been reported growning in my state to the usda. That said I know it grows here, got some dried herb from a friend year before last. Yet I've never seen it growing in mine or surrounding counties.

It's one of those herbs every prepper should know just for its ability to successfully treat tetanus.

I asked a very old German medical doctor his opinion of tetanus. He said there are many people in America who get it every year, are not treated for it, yet they live. It doesn't make the news, does it?
A few years ago I consulted with a well-known guy in the herbal healing field about an injury one of my kids had, did he think a tetanus shot was needed? The incidence of tetanus if you're living in a grass hut in Africa with your cattle and goats brought in with you to sleep at night...there you'd likely get tetanus due to unclean conditions, no running water, with this type of injury.
Here again, I think it is a scare tactic we were raised with.
Edit to add: the herbalist was comparing African grass hut barn cow poo to my home. My home, clean. Grass hut, not.

Today wife and I are going to go crusin in the Vette. We are going to see the couple that I bought the Vette from last January.
Wife is wanting a kitten , and he has one.
When I bought the car , he knocked off $200 because the cruise control didn't work . He said it was working last time he drove it. I almost didn't buy it because of that.
I drive by cruise.

So I told him if it was a cheap fix I'd give him back the $200.
I took me 3 minutes to repair a vacuum line.
So....I'm gonna give him back the $200.
That will be a good surprise ...$200 kitten ;)

We just want to have a fun day.
Hope we can find some place open for lunch.

It's an hour drive to his house.

Y'all have a great Saturday and think about our military past hero's over the weekend.

Jim

wait !!!!!!!!!!!!
i have kittens. cute kittens. 16 cute kittens
I have buckets full of kittens !!!!!!!!

20200506_121640.jpg
20200506_211456.jpg

I want to repurpose the house overhead garage door opener to my shop.
Spent some time looking the situation over.
6' florescent ceiling light will have to be moved out of the way.
Extension ladder stored on the shop ceiling will have to be moved.

Looked on the Al Bore's Internet looking for wall mount ladder brackets. Nothing worth buying. I'll bolt 2x4s to the vertical wall 4x4s to hold the ladder.

Two - new 4' LED overnight lights mounted away form the door opener will replace the 6' florescent.

Two - 4x4 posts spanning the distance between the rafters were used to hold the ladder up. The 4x4s will be reused to hold the motor end of the door opener.

Good job for the next rainy day.

Designed the ladder brackets in my head. Before I forget I might as well as make them. Got them made I'll go ahead and install them. Nuts, I'm this far into it I'll move the extension over to its new home.

Before:

image.jpeg

After:

image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back