What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister and one of her kids rolled into town just about dinner time last night. They are using us as a bed & breakfast on their way to our parents home. So I took a personal day today and am going to spend some time with them before working on a few projects I have been putting off. Plus I have to set up the wife's new 15' patio umbrella and et the Dynatrap set up before those darn mosquitos return. It's going to be cooler today so it's a good day to be working outside.

Got a $440 check in the mail yesterday out of the blue. No explanation, just a check. Wife got on the phone and apparently my benefits manager found some errors in calculating costs and payouts for 2019 and that check was my refund. They allegedly sent an email about it. I of course immediately started looking at guns, while my wife decided to add it to the monthly budget. Which means there is a 99.99% chance I won't be getting a gun.

Productive morning so far.
Strawberry and I started walking at 0646 this morning.
We have been outside several times since then.
Had some cinnamon raisin bagels that needed used up.
So chopped them up, along with fruit that needed used up, and a half cup of chopped walnuts made bread pudding.
It's in the oven now.
Took every thing out of chest freezer to do Monthly inventory.
Looks much better than it did a couple of months ago.
It was pretty bare then.
Took everything out of refrig freezer did inventory there too.
Did a whole bunch of rearranging in both freezers.
Got to have priorities right, summer is coming Grand daughter and I have to have sugar free popsicles after doing chores.
Bread pudding is out of oven smells divine.
Think I'll rest awhile after Strawberry and I walk again.
At least it's not raining at the moment.

We finished the ramp and the deck at the bottom of it today. Still need to add the railing. But its finished. Once the railing is done then the home remodeling will be officially over lol
house remodel 002.JPG

Hubby has been spoiled all week for his birthday. I made a cake, made his favorite foods. He deserves it. He's a good guy and he works hard so he should get spoiled.

It finally got hot enough to switch out the bed linens, so I washed up all the other and got them put away

Picked a bunch of kale and swiss chard this morning. I plan on sauteing some and drying the rest to use later in the year although the more I think on it I might dry half and freeze half.

Tried to rain here today but it didn't remember how so we got nothing.
Finished a small hunting knife I had been working on for a few days.
5-29- 001.JPG

Took a short drive with the wife today. About 3 or 4 miles from home we saw two bighorn sheep. First time we seen them that close to our house.

006.JPG

Talked to daughter her grandkids are with their mother for the weekend so peaceful conversation. Court in mid July to see if kids can go back to theri mother.

Been going to bed late and sleeping late. Not good! Not suree what will do today yet. Slept till 8:30.I know I'll get out the eight bar since thats all thats left of our weights and do some lifting after dancercize.Too bad its s ohot now the shovel is a lot better it works all muscles from hed to toe.

Been cleaning my bedroom.
Should say deep cleaning my bedroom.
Took everything out of dresser, if socks were missing in the trashcan they went.
Holey or elastic worn out it went to trash too.
Most of the fabric got put away into tote.
Tired of looking at clutter.
Bedroom is supposed to be place to rest.
Mine at the moment feels like chaos, so cleaning I go.
Going to bring totes of fabric into living room so I can sort it without standing on my head.
Then when I raise up lightheaded.
Resting at the moment, eating orange popicle, trying to cool off.
Downsizing my bedroom stuff.
May end up with bed, dresser, vanity,1 night stand, 1 chair. Or not.
Should sleep tonight hopefully.

I'm always fighting the mess in our bedroom. Husband uses half of it for an office. The photo guy came by yesterday, and our house is now online. So we had a showing today with a 2 hr notice. That was reasonable. Hide the shower chair, hide the extra bathroom chair husband uses, the coffee pot in the master bathroom, the sink drainer in the kitchen, the dog kennel, chain up three dogs, open up gates. Then we go. Went and got ice-cream. First showing. If the kids think we're getting ice cream for each showing, they're mistaken. I will get too fat.

Drove to the home gun range. Mowed and help pull targets out of storage for the start of the deal 2020 season.
Collected eggs.
Put shredded documents in the "Wife's" compost barrel.
Unsympathetically listen to the wife's complaint about how she's run out of space store stuff, what should she do? She didn't like my answer of, "Get rid of something!"

Drove to the home gun range. Mowed and help pull targets out of storage for the start of the deal 2020 season.
Collected eggs.
Put shredded documents in the "Wife's" compost barrel.
Unsympathetically listen to the wife's complaint about how she's run out of space store stuff, what should she do? She didn't like my answer of, "Get rid of something!"
Some of wife's things can't make it's way to compost barrel somehow?

Spent a good part of the day mowing. Afterward, planted some Sugar Baby watermelons, and butternut squash. Hoe'd my taters again. Disk up the areas of my gardens that aren't planted yet. Going to plant more stuff tomorrow, including clover in one entire patch just to hold soil in place and build the soil up.

Latest posts

Back