What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going thru forums since I won't be on much tomorrow. Seeing if folks know of a place for me to take them for lunch, regular place is closed today.
Wrapping some presents, doing a bit of sewing for me. And going to evening Church service with Aunt. Best part is using chemical short lights instead of candles for Silent Night with guitar accompaniment and church lights down as we all get ready to go out and Celebrate Christmas.

Filled my house with guests yesterday, smoked a couple pork tenderloins and watched a bunch of really old 8mm reels we had converted into digital files. Was fun seeing my Mom & Dad from before I was born as well as all the relatives that have long since passed on. Today we have church a couple times with a few meals and some Christmas fun in between. Plus we have just enough snow on the ground for the kids to get some good outdoor play time or for me to have a white Christmas. Merry Christmas Eve!

Oh crap!! Lost a whole day. Today is our 38th wedding Anni. Been together now 40 yr.s.

My calendars all call today Christmas Eve, December 24th 2017
:thumbs up: thats because it is Dc.24th,2017. I just lost a whole day and even worse blamed it on two different calendars. :confused::huh: Scary when things like that happen. I will blame it on a bad week, and talking to granddaughter who decided to live in a cage.:cry:

Well it is our 38th together 40 and we did get married on xmas eve. So I got that right. Not on purpose of course just happened to be that day he rode up with his hands frozen to the handle bars of his bike and found a justice of the peace to wed us. He rode back from SC to Ga. in an ice storm once he figured out life without me wasn't so great. :thumbs up:. I had broken up with him a few months prior so he went back to his home state.

Same here. What's 9x9? Oh, 9x10 is 90. Minus 9. Equals 81.

What's 5x7? Oh, 5x5 is 25, plus 5x2 is 10, 25 plus 10 equals 35

Greatly simplified examples but that's how I've always done math and can do it in my head. I imagine you'd agree?
Lol, you think like me!! Math is not my forte unless I can reason it. Im a nurse, too!!☺

Girls came over yesterday for Christmas bringing food. 5 girls, 4 husbands, and 13 kids. They wanted a sleep over. My two bedroom, 2 bath, wheelchair accessible house has 1 twin, 1 full, 1 kingsize bed, 2 recliners and 1 pull out sofa bed. Plus they had 5 blowup mattresses. I didn't put up a tree as I knew there would be no room. Had a calf born Friday and mom is new and not milking real well so giving him colostrum 3 times a day. Refused it this afternoon. Hopefully he is fighting for her milk. Big boy.

@gumpy get better soon :), try Vick's Vaporub on your feet with socks, if you get to it soon after you get it this will quite often cure it in my experience.

If nothing else, it sure makes your feet soft. (guess how I know).

Hello everyone in the States and I think you are all now approaching Christmas day so Merry Christmas to you all from Australia.

We have been sitting in 37 oc temps today in front of a misting fan and looks like we are about to have a storm so hopefully it will cool things down a bit. Heading out this afternoon to a friends home to have Christmas dinner. We shall take over some gifts of homemade chocolate fudge, freshly picked garlic from the gardens and some honey from our storage.

Hope it clears up quickly. Feel better soon.
Same-o Same-o here. In my case my wife claims it's the Man Flue. I wish I had read the 'Vicks' post earlier. I'm still going to try it!
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello everyone in the States and I think you are all now approaching Christmas day so Merry Christmas to you all from Australia.

We have been sitting in 37 oc temps today in front of a misting fan and looks like we are about to have a storm so hopefully it will cool things down a bit. Heading out this afternoon to a friends home to have Christmas dinner. We shall take over some gifts of homemade chocolate fudge, freshly picked garlic from the gardens and some honey from our storage.
What time are we supposed to be there?

Had a lovely Christmas dinner with friends and we are now into Boxing day here as it has just clicked over midnight Christmas day. Took our friends over a jar of honey, some homemade chocolate fudge and some garlic picked from our gardens. We got some lovely apple cider vinegar from our friends too.

Just had a lovely thunder storm with around estimated 5mm of rain and our rainwater tanks are now full and it is much cooler here now.

Last edited:
A blessed Christmas morning!

Santa arrived but Belsnickel skipped out house this year, kids and dogs have opened their stockings, Mrs. Sentry18 is frying up thick cut peppered bacon and scrambling eggs, I just finished cutting and washing fruit and making a berry salad, some of our guests are sleeping in, the ground outside is covered with snow, I have an 18# prime rib sitting in the fridge waiting for dinner and the Christmas tree is still surrounded with presents. Going to be another wonderful Christmas day.

Wife and I will be heading over to my middle daughters house for eating and PRESENTS...

we are taking a fresh baked Blackberry Cobbler, a HUGE Coconut cream pie, and a platter full of chocolate Eclairs,

and some other stuff..:rolleyes:

I may suffer thru a pile of BB cobbler with vanilla ice cream...today only,

Keto ya know... but I doubt I'll die from it.

Then we will open some PRESENTS.

:presents::snowman:

Jim

Merry Christmas everyone!! We'r at our youngest son's and family's home. Our youngest g-daughters have opened their gifts and are trying to decide what to play with first.
The son has a smoked brisket ready and all the fixin's. Our oldest son and family will be here for Christmas dinner (lunch). We'll be with our daughter and her bunch hopefully for New Years.

Last edited:
Wife and I will be heading over to my middle daughters house for eating and PRESENTS...

we are taking a fresh baked Blackberry Cobbler, a HUGE Coconut cream pie, and a platter full of chocolate Eclairs,

and some other stuff..:rolleyes:

I may suffer thru a pile of BB cobbler with vanilla ice cream...today only,

Keto ya know... but I doubt I'll die from it.

Then we will open some PRESENTS.

:presents::snowman:

Jim

Merry Christmas everyone!! We'r at our youngest son's and family's home. Our youngest g-daughters have opened their gifts and are trying to decide what to play with first.
The son has a smoked brisket ready and all the fixin's. Our oldest son and family will be here for Christmas dinner (lunch). We'll be witj out daughter and her bunch hopefully for New Years.
Sounds like fun! Tell em all Merry Christmas from Gumpy.

Opening gifts. I got what I wanted....
IMG_20171225_155612.jpg

Back