What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replaced batteries in the Tire Pressure sensors. Sensors were removed from the sold truck and utility trailer. Will be reinstalled on the RV. Last UPS tracking on the replacement batteries shows they will be delivered on the 6th. They were delivered yesterday.

Mow lawns.

Hope 401K check arrives today so I can pickup the RV Saturday.

Lots of kids now are learning to do thingsthey never even thought of before,so if there is a silver lineing to this maybe its our kids doing more useful things.

talked on phone off and on this morning as usual. Daughters routine with her grandkids got on my nerves and I kinda yelled at her to get those 3 kids away from the phone, she kinda yelled back, so I quickly apologized realizing she had enough to deal with ,so she said alls fine. Haven't talked ot son this week at all or other daughter who we think may have a drinking problem and can't take any 'advice':D:peace:.from me whatsoever. I did hear she has used more dissapline on the two boys lately which now are 8 and 12, guess there's nothing like a good hangover to see they have a problem. I do hope she doesn't let it get too bad.There fathher died in a car wreck and their mother 'my 30 yo grandaughter is in prison and just refused parole meeting or whatever that means. The other 11 grown grands are doing great just had a problem with 2 so far and one with 4 kids is also doing fantastic for past 8 months now.Suppose to get back her kids mext month.which daugher will sure be celebrating!

This isolation is making us nuts too.
We work a little each day towards the fall growing season.
Not sure how you can have 11 grown grandchildren when you are only 29 years old yourself Meer ;)

Peeled and cut about 15 mangoes yesterday and today. Will do the same tomorrow and they will be frozen until I get to them.

Went to Walmart for stock up at 7 this morning. They had most everything except Lysol spray. Haven't seen that in months!
Came home, fed dogs, walked to drugstore with prescription and stopped by Church on the way home for a publication I get.

Hopefully not much else today.

Took the girls to the dentist this morning. Half way through their appointment I got a call that Winter was loose. Damn dog broke the fence to find us. The firework noise is upsetting her when we are not home. Good thing she only made it across the street to our neighbors who have kids.

Septic guy was here for inspection this morning, but didn't have a long enough hose from the truck to our system, so he's coming back tomorrow. The water tester/well guy was here next, doing his thing for an hour. I took husband to his orthopedic appt today, and was surprised to let me go in with him, but he was in a wheelchair, so I would doubt anyone there would bring him. The doc was waaaay behind so we had over an hr wait past our appt. He got another shot in the hip, a request for a new MRI, and a few more days of pain pills. Stopped at Chic Fil A drivethru on our way back (Terri, you know the one), then parked on the ditch road in the shade to eat our lunch. I need to mop, vacuum, and clean the bathroooms. Home inspection at 9am tomorrow.

Septic guy was here for inspection this morning, but didn't have a long enough hose from the truck to our system, so he's coming back tomorrow. The water tester/well guy was here next, doing his thing for an hour. I took husband to his orthopedic appt today, and was surprised to let me go in with him, but he was in a wheelchair, so I would doubt anyone there would bring him. The doc was waaaay behind so we had over an hr wait past our appt. He got another shot in the hip, a request for a new MRI, and a few more days of pain pills. Stopped at Chic Fil A drivethru on our way back (Terri, you know the one), then parked on the ditch road in the shade to eat our lunch. I need to mop, vacuum, and clean the bathroooms. Home inspection at 9am tomorrow.
I am not someone who likes to partake in medical procedures. He has my sympathy, because he has so many, but if I remember correctly, this has been going on for most of his life.

Today marks the 5th anniversary of my retirement. Fed the chickens, checked the garden, filled the feeders. Tonight, a bourbon and cigar to celebrate. My dream is to celebrate every 5th year on the porch with a nice cigar and drink. The chickens will join me in celebration :)

Yep, you're right, Weedy. About the lung issues anyway. The back and hip issues started about 3 yrs ago, though. He has a cyst in his lower back nerve bundle that can't be removed. Has been using a walker and cane for a while, now, but with his pain level now, a wheelchair is better. Just ordered one for him and it'll arrive Tuesday. The one they put him in last weekend at urgent care was too small and really hurt him to sit in.
Chickens are the best to celebrate with, Dademoss. Congratulations on your five years!
I just read on our local on line news (KOB.com) that a large bronze statue has mysteriously appeared in front of city hall. It was a gift from some art group. Came with a plaque and everything. It's of Jeffrey Epstein. Not kidding.

Not sure how you can have 11 grown grandchildren when you are only 29 years old yourself Meer ;)

Its worse than that LadyL,I have 13 but I forgot one is just 15 so thats just 12 grandkids.:).
But as much as most of them have ot do with us since they grew up I may as well just have 2 or 3. But they are busy so we forgive them.

Tomorrow we are heading out of service for 4 days!!! It will be only the second time we've taken a work day off in 2 1/2 years. I need it, but hubby needs it even more. He will get some fishing therapy.

Oh my I'd say both of you are well over due for some fun. Hope yall catch a whole bucket full of them. :thumbs: I was putting up fishing pics today in my new thread ' OnShore Fishing '. It was peaceful watching them guys fish .and see the waves breaking over the beach and jetty's.

Dade thats the way to do it, congrates on the 5 years,

Amish hope your feels better,and we know about the wheel chair thing, hubbys is too small too and he is not a big man. We need to get a larger one,but our wheelchair is manual not motors or battery.
Hubby eldom uses it but we always take it with us in case he has to.

@Amish Heart sorry about all the stuff your husband has had to deal with...

But, seriously, a statue of Epstench?I was going to say more but I have to behave myself.

Can't reach a friend back east and not sure how to find out his condition. Last I heard from him he was very sick. He's very stubborn. Hoping and praying he's ok.
Sent out a resume and my laptop screwed it up on its way out. Thx.

Car still dead. Big car has no AC. Heat kills me. I've had a couple nice little meltdowns today. :cry::clapping::lil guy:
If I drank, boy oh boy...drink buddy

Well, I learned another valuable lesson today.

The temp today was 77, cloudy all day, humidity was 79%. Uuuuuggghh

I took 3 point lift frame off my bush hog mower . Been on there 30 years , rusted. I finally got it off.
It was bent , from hitting a tree. Got straightened, by using the tractor front loader. Almost got it back on.

Was getting light headed after about 2 hrs working. My shirt , underwear, and jeans were soaked , from sweating.

So I quit ,went in house .
Blood pressure was 84/46.
Took about 2 hours to feel normal again.

So lesson learned ...nothing strenuous in high humidity.

Can't figure out why BP dropped.
Maybe meds.

Jim

I know.
But I didn't realize it , till I got dizzy.

So , I'll not be doing that anymore.

I take 5 meds just for my heart.

I can't do anything but sit in AC.:mad:

Jim
Well, you've got to admit, that was a pretty strenuous activity to be doing out in the humidity. I can imagine you're not all pokey like an old man, cuz you don't want to slow down...FIVE MEDS for the heart is a lot. I hope you can get off of one or two.
I started taking a potassium supplement as that is good for normalizing heart rhythm as well as helping with muscle cramps. It's actually because of a depletion of potassium that caused the cramps, I think.

Well, you've got to admit, that was a pretty strenuous activity to be doing out in the humidity. I can imagine you're not all pokey like an old man, cuz you don't want to slow down...FIVE MEDS for the heart is a lot. I hope you can get off of one or two.
I started taking a potassium supplement as that is good for normalizing heart rhythm as well as helping with muscle cramps. It's actually because of a depletion of potassium that caused the cramps, I think.

From what I know about my half heart, congestive heart failure , and blood clots in lungs ,
I'll be on these the rest of my life. Which they admit I'm living on borrowed time. Was diagnosed with congestive heart failure 7 years ago....5 years is life expectancy. I'm tough ;) :):confused2:

I'm on,

Entresto,
Bisoprolol,
Amiodorone,( hopefully will prevent tachycardia again)
Spironolactone
Aspirin
Eliquist(APIXABAN)
ATORVASTATIN

If I had a healthy heart , I would not be on any of those.

They do have side effects.

But, I do refuse to quit , and die in my recliner.:ghostly:

Jim

Last edited:
From what I know about my half heart, congestive heart failure , and blood clots in lungs ,
I'll be on these the rest of my life. Which they admit I'm living on borrowed time. Was diagnosed 7 years ago....5 years is life expectancy. I'm tough ;) :):confused2:

I'm on,

Entresto,
Bisoprolol,
Amiodorone,( hopefully will prevent tachycardia again)
Spironolactone
Aspirin
Eliquist(APIXABAN)
ATORVASTATIN

If I had a healthy heart , I would not be on any of those.

They do have side effects.

But, I do refuse to quit , and die in my recliner.:ghostly:

Jim

Don't quit just slow down. We do thesame thing ,we don't realize till we stop then we think we are going to die!. Be careful Jim .:huggs:.Work smarter instead of harder.

Today marks the 5th anniversary of my retirement. Fed the chickens, checked the garden, filled the feeders. Tonight, a bourbon and cigar to celebrate. My dream is to celebrate every 5th year on the porch with a nice cigar and drink. The chickens will join me in celebration :)

Today is my first year anniversary of my retirement. I too celebrated by doing chicken chores!

That spirol med is a big time diaretic, Phideaux. Did you drink enough water? Or sweat it all out? Husband had a problem with it when he was on that and Jardiance (diabetes stuff) at the same time. Starting messing up his kidneys.
Well...happy anniversary to you, too Lazy L. My one year is next month. And we've ordered 95 chicks to arrive next month, so I'll be doing chicken chores, too. There are worse things we could be doing.
Sorry you're having a screaming day, Patchouli, and tomorrow is another one, so I hope its a smiling one.
I've got dinner in the oven, and the bathrooms, dusting, and floors done, so I'm finished for the day.

Well, I learned another valuable lesson today.

The temp today was 77, cloudy all day, humidity was 79%. Uuuuuggghh

I took 3 point lift frame off my bush hog mower . Been on there 30 years , rusted. I finally got it off.
It was bent , from hitting a tree. Got straightened, by using the tractor front loader. Almost got it back on.

Was getting light headed after about 2 hrs working. My shirt , underwear, and jeans were soaked , from sweating.

So I quit ,went in house .
Blood pressure was 84/46.
Took about 2 hours to feel normal again.

So lesson learned ...nothing strenuous in high humidity.

Can't figure out why BP dropped.
Maybe meds.

Jim
When the kid does that the Docs said to take a salt pill and drink lots of fluids. When she starts sweating her blood volume drops and her blood pressure drops as low as 60/20 and her heart rate will either drop really low (39-40ish) or it will jump up over 250.

All that to say, DRINK!

Stopped at Chic Fil A drivethru on our way back (Terri, you know the one),

I'm not going to that one but i am going to one tomorrow. We are going to Los Lunas to get a post hole digger for the tractor. 12 acres to fence and a pole barn to build and I'm not digging any more holes by hand.

I just read on our local on line news (KOB.com) that a large bronze statue has mysteriously appeared in front of city hall. It was a gift from some art group. Came with a plaque and everything. It's of Jeffrey Epstein. Not kidding.
I saw that a little while ago. :LOL:

I'm not going to that one but i am going to one tomorrow. We are going to Los Lunas to get a post hole digger for the tractor. 12 acres to fence and a pole barn to build and I'm not digging any more holes by hand.

I saw that a little while ago. :LOL:

Oh, my broody hen had her infertile eggs swapped out for chicks last night. She is now the happy momma of 5 sexlink chicks from TSC. They were marked down to $1 so I had to get them for her.

When the kid does that the Docs said to take a salt pill and drink lots of fluids. When she starts sweating her blood volume drops and her blood pressure drops as low as 60/20 and her heart rate will either drop really low (39-40ish) or it will jump up over 250.

All that to say, DRINK!
So scary, Terri9630!

Phideaux, scary for you as well! In the summer, I tend to stay inside during the heat of the day, early afternoons. I like to go out first thing in the morning, during the coolest time of day. When I go out and get soaking wet from sweat, I go in and sit down for a while and drink fluids. I am typically a water drinker, but when I am drenched from sweat, I need something that has electrolytes in it. I don't like to drink many soda's, but they do the trick to give me energy again. Canada Dry is what I usually drink, but they all have too much sugar in them, imho.

Hot summer days make me feel lazy. I want to get stuff done, but know that working in the heat will knock me out. Having furry friends over help me to go in and out a few times, but I am really not a fan of heat, and even more so not a fan of being in the direct sun. I'm always looking for shade.

Back