What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replaced batteries in the Tire Pressure sensors. Sensors were removed from the sold truck and utility trailer. Will be reinstalled on the RV. Last UPS tracking on the replacement batteries shows they will be delivered on the 6th. They were delivered yesterday.

Mow lawns.

Hope 401K check arrives today so I can pickup the RV Saturday.

RV, Which part of the nation you planing first trip?

I survived the VA doctor's appointment.
Finished the crab block and started on the whale block while up at the VA.
Unfortunately next week they want more blood for more lab tests.
Have a hearing test and eye exam on 3 August 2020 @0815 hours.
Should be home by noon.
My blood pressure was a bit high this morning too.
122/77, but that is way lower than what it used to be.
My feet were swollen when I got up this morning.
Couldn't get my size 4 tennis shoes on, bummer (humidity related).
Ended up wearing a pair of shoes I hadn't gotten rid of yet, size 6.5.
Funny thing was my feet were hot when I got home so ran to Wal*Mart picked up pair of sandals size 6.
They fit perfectly.
Primary care, surgeon,hematologist are concerned about my feet.
What is the deal?
I have decided if I haven't used something in 6 months, it's gone period.
So this evening after supper, cleaned out several cabinets in kitchen.
Sorted through it loaded it in car, drove to next town over donated- gone.
Sorted out 3 kitchen cabinets filled to the gills, 2 cabinets are now completely empty.
Will be working on more kitchen cabinets tomorrow.
My legs are now elevated.

I
My feet were swollen when I got up this morning.
Couldn't get my size 4 tennis shoes on, bummer (humidity related).
Ended up wearing a pair of shoes I hadn't gotten rid of yet, size 6.5.
Funny thing was my feet were hot when I got home so ran to Wal*Mart picked up pair of sandals size 6.
They fit perfectly.
Primary care, surgeon,hematologist are concerned about my feet.
What is the deal?

My doctor's always watch my feet like a hawk.
Puffy, swollen , is fluid retention for me.

They don't like that.
That's a symptom of congestive heart failure.

Watch out for rapid weight increase also.

Let them check your feet.

Jim

Well, looks like the Epstein statue was taken away by our mayor. Infowars picked up the story. Ha Ha. I love how the plaque mentioned Zorro Ranch in New Mexico and that he was a rapist. Now there's a statue that needed to come down. Wonder why the protesters didn't get to it first?
Enjoy your chic fil a tomorrow, Terri. We did. And a chocolate shake. I wouldn't dig any more posts by hand, either.

My doctor's always watch my feet like a hawk.
Puffy, swollen , is fluid retention for me.

They don't like that.
That's a symptom of congestive heart failure.

Watch out for rapid weight increase also.

Let them check your feet.

Jim
Okay, I'll let them check my feet.
Lost another 3 pounds, supposed to hold off on massive dosage of iron pills again.
Well for at least another month anyway.
Hematologist said no more iron until they check something else first.

Well, looks like the Epstein statue was taken away by our mayor. Infowars picked up the story. Ha Ha. I love how the plaque mentioned Zorro Ranch in New Mexico and that he was a rapist. Now there's a statue that needed to come down. Wonder why the protesters didn't get to it first?
Enjoy your chic fil a tomorrow, Terri. We did. And a chocolate shake. I wouldn't dig any more posts by hand, either.
What a relief it was taken down just as quick as it went up.
@MoBookworm1957 I like that idea of getting rid of something if I haven't used it in 6 months. I guess that sure keeps the clutter in the cabinets and closets and drawers more manageable. I don't usually get rid of stuff that quickly. Thus we see, too much stuff. I always think nobody is going to want my junk anyway, whether for sale or giving away.

What a relief it was taken down just as quick as it went up.
@MoBookworm1957 I like that idea of getting rid of something if I haven't used it in 6 months. I guess that sure keeps the clutter in the cabinets and closets and drawers more manageable. I don't usually get rid of stuff that quickly. Thus we see, too much stuff. I always think nobody is going to want my junk anyway, whether for sale or giving away.
Just tired of the constant clutter.
And honestly I don't want to move it again.
Only taking what I will use.
Last week worked on the drawers in the kitchen.
Emptied out 8 of them, filled 3.5 of them back up.
Important papers, food saver machine, it's bags, tools etc.
Started out in the kitchen cabinets.
Took everything out of 3 full size cabinets, put everything on table, sorted, boxed up what I wasn't keeping, loaded it in car.
When car got full, took it to DAV donation drop box in next town over.
Next step placed 1 saucepan,1 skillet, 1 cookie sheet into oven, those are the pans I use the most on recurring days.
Everything else will go into bottom half of pantry cabinet to see if it will get used more frequently or in 6 months it's gone too.
I had 36 coffee cups, only actually use 4, so 4 is what I kept. It's not like I have alot of friends or family that come over to drink coffee. So got rid of 32 coffee cups, 19 plates kept 4, got rid of 5 platters, kept 1, but don't really use it.
Have approx 100 sets of salt and pepper shakers probably won't be keeping those, maybe 1 or 2 sets, but the others can go. Feels so good to let that stuff go. I don't want my house to be a shrine to someone I don't remember or some else's junk. And more importantly I don't want to junk up my sons homes either. Will work on another 2 or 3 cabinets before I go do my shift at the fireworks stand tomorrow.
The appliance cabinet is on the list for tomorrow too.

My nest is not empty yet. And I forgot you are moving. 36 cups and 100 sets of s&p shakers, that's a few.
My bad was cookbooks, I'm sure many people have way more than I do, but I finally weeded some of them out recently. Went through my bookshelves. Started going through the boxes in the garage, but in Texas in the summer, nah.
I have some junk I need hauled away, big stuff, but I can't do it.

My nest is not empty yet. And I forgot you are moving. 36 cups and 100 sets of s&p shakers, that's a few.
My bad was cookbooks, I'm sure many people have way more than I do, but I finally weeded some of them out recently. Went through my bookshelves. Started going through the boxes in the garage, but in Texas in the summer, nah.
I have some junk I need hauled away, big stuff, but I can't do it.
Last month I got rid of over 250 cookbooks.
I gifted some to young people who were just starting out and didn't know how to cook.
For instant "A man, a can and a can opener" cook book.
Some went to various family members that had wanted them in the past.
Some were donated to local museum for their 1865 display.
I kept 6.
I hope to only have to move 4 pickup truck loads of furniture.
Hopefully less.
Simply tired of the constant clutter,

Last edited:

Thats just funny... Someone should put a plaque on the spot that says "Jeffery Epstein's statue didn't kill itself either" :rolleyes:

Quiet day here, woke up... it was raining... it started raining again about supper time. Over an inch total. So I just rested.

I woke up at 2:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I just got up. Made the coffee
Had breakfast early
Went to the local grocery store. Got there at 6:15 ( senior shopping hour)
Put groceries away
Watered the garden since its going to be in the 90's for the foreseeable future. Hope we get some rain soon
Have to make hubby breakfast
Do dishes
Wash towels
Then just hang out and read or watch a video

It is another hot and humid day here in my part of Missouri.
Air is heavy, fog has burnt off this morning.
Sipping on pot of coffee.
Strawberry has been walked, she is now snoozing on the love seat.
Her harness is getting loose.
I on the other hand feel like the Good Year blimp all swollen and parts of me puffy.
My feet are swollen already, just from one walk with her so far.
Have to fix some breakfast pretty soon.
Hopefully will get hungry, but hungry or not I eat on schedule so I remember to eat.
Finally got my blood pressure medicine from the VA.
It was mailed on the 25th of June.
Got it on the 1st of July.
When I checked the mail after I got home from VA yesterday.
Everybody have a good day.
Off to work on kitchen cabinets, whale quilt block, and stippled monkey quilt block.

Another overcast , dreary day here on the farm.

HIGH humidity, chance of rain. We got 3" last 2 days. Good for garden.

Gotta go to post office ,mail bills, go to dump , drop off none burnable garbage , $1 a bag ...I have a bag once a month.

Then go 10 miles to WM for some milk and bloney.

Then to Coppertop restraunt for late lunch.

Won't get to go for my weekly fish supper tomorrow, because the guy is coming to put new floor , and new toilet in bathroom.
You can't imagine how it hurts me to pay someone to do something I've done all my life.

Jim

Got my new food processor yesterday (apparently 3rd one is the charm) and it actually works , is huge 14 cup, and a beast! I ended up going ahead and making dog food yesterday evening so it could cook in the roaster and slow cooker overnight.

First 14 quarts are cooling in my two canners and I have another 6 or 7 quarts to go. Glad I will be done before evening!

Getting ready to do long video, since I started with the canning early (at walking time).
DH got me some new grill heat plates so I will probably set those up.
Going to make Okra Cornbread in a while to go with some Split Pea Soup that I canned previously. Trying to use what I have!

Trying to learn WEBSPEAK! Kids use to set me up online during their visits no visits since Feb. so I'm trig to add faster secure site to watch videos.
Otherwise cooking, time to clean floors,exercise while hubby cuts grass. Talked to daughter and she is thinking of sending her 15 year old son to Masters Ranch in Missouri. He is really out of hand.She has spent most of her time with oldest daughter and her 4 kids for past 8 years.Her husband is a workoholic so son hates him told his mother to divorce his father. Plus wedding is coming up next month and she just had wedding shower last Saturday with 30 guests.Her BP is up again. Wish I was 5 years younger her son could come here awhile..

Husband got a haircut today. Supercuts (his fav place) opened for one person at a time with an appt. He does not look like an old hippy anymore. Talked to my cousin about our pickup and Challenger arriving at their farm on Tuesday. The car hauler can leave them on the streetside, with the keys and have them sign for them. Her daughter said, "Whoopie, we can drive to Walmart on Wednesday!".. This was funny because they are Old Order Amish. Her husband, though, does know how to drive and will move them off the road, even though he's not supposed to be driving.

A realtor pulled a fast one on us today. We told her we weren't planning on selling the farm. She asked us to let her convince us that she could do it and get what we would need, to relocate across Canada.

We heard nothing more from her, for weeks until 1:30 pm today. An Amish buggy comes down the drive. I thought they were here to give me a quote on replacing some steel on the barn roof. Nope, they were meeting the real estate agent.

Well next down the drive, comes a car load of Chinese. They are here to meet the same agent at the same time. It would be nice if someone had told us about all this.

Anyways, another buggy comes down the drive and he (our neighbor) is here to vouch for the first young men. The real estate idiot can't show anyone about because she doesn't know sqat and is wearing flip flops. She stayed in her air conditioned car.

I sent hubby along with the Chinese because they didn't speak english. They want the power up graded to 800 amps for green houses. I'm think pot farming and they don't know what to do with the rest of the land. They will be a bust.

I took the Amish around but they need to come back with some elders. I think they are looking at subdividing and maybe getting two or three families in. It would make sense for them to do that. They on the other hand, want nothing to do with anything electric and they do value the land and they will fix the barn roof whether or not they buy the place. I did get a roof quote in the end.

We would much prefer to deal with the Amish, but it is a long shot. We will not sign with the real estate person. We didn't like the way she does business.

I think the air is low on oxygen , with high humidity.

Jim

You might be right Jim. Something about the humidity is involved. Even back in the winter when I was sick, humid days were worse the low humidity. even as far as being in the shower. Now the summer humidity is back I can still feel the difference in my lungs. Not near as much in May as now.
Stay safe

Worked fireworks stand today did 4 hours instead of 2.
Have grand daughter at 0630 am in the morning until noon,then 4 hour shift at fireworks stand.
Starting at 2 pm.
Then work firework stand at noon till 2 pm.
Then done for the year except for final inventory.
Feet and legs are swollen still, got ice on them now.
Strawberry is on them too.

Rebuilt one of my Badger 150 Airbrushes today. It works just as good as it did when I put it up in 1997. Storage for 23 years did harden the O rings & seals, so it needed a refit. Works perfect now though.

Worked fireworks stand today did 4 hours instead of 2.
Have grand daughter at 0630 am in the morning until noon,then 4 hour shift at fireworks stand.
Starting at 2 pm.
Then work firework stand at noon till 2 pm.
Then done for the year except for final inventory.
Feet and legs are swollen still, got ice on them now.
Strawberry is on them too.

Did you find out why the swelling? Hope it gets better.

Packed the girls' bags for a weekend at my folks' house. Then did my laundry to pack my own bag. Stain treated some clothes and did that load.

Made a double batch of jell-o sugar cookies. One batch was cherry the other was blue mixed berry. Packed up some of each to take to my folks.

Mostly just getting things together for the weekend.

Packed the girls' bags for a weekend at my folks' house. Then did my laundry to pack my own bag. Stain treated some clothes and did that load.

Made a double batch of jell-o sugar cookies. One batch was cherry the other was blue mixed berry. Packed up some of each to take to my folks.

Mostly just getting things together for the weekend.
Jello sugar cookies...
Jim ...you wouldn't be going thru West KY by chance?

Jim
(aka kookie monster)

Not doing much of anything today
Picked the first tomato this morning.
Plan on cooking off the chicken carcass in the fridge
Just gonna hang out inside since its supposed to get to 97 here today
Found an audio reading on youtube of 1984 so I plan on listening to that at some point today

Back