What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to the quilt supply store with the wife yesterday, it's a True Value hardware store, so I picked up some water hose connector fittings to reapair connecting two 50 ft hoses.
Then spent 2 hours water the beans , peas, canteloupe and watermelon.

It was so humid , I came in house, soaked, and that was 8 pm.probably have to do it again next week with this heat.
The green beans are really producing...want to keep it that way.

2 more weeks waiting for peas.

Today staying in.

Jim

Busy day today. Need to: pick up a uhaul trailer, turn in my post office box keys, bring bags to the thrift store, return all the cable tv boxes and remotes, and daughter is picking up old man cat to live with her. Friend coming by to pick up a queen bed we don't want, and to help our son with take down of chicken coops. Our son has a ton to pack and move. He only started on his stuff yesterday, and he is moving locally, not out of state with us. I suspect grandsons will be helping today, so I am putting a pork roast for sandwiches in the slow cooker and that'll be the last of the cooking around here. Worked on loading the last pod in the heat yesterday, and everyone is tired.

Do you know anyone where your moving to? We moved here away from everyone 24 years but Florida is more like home to us since we lived here with kids were little.Then went back home but missed the waters ,too much and came back.Not that much into lakes we both like beaches and oceans.

Went to the quilt supply store with the wife yesterday, it's a True Value hardware store, so I picked up some water hose connector fittings to reapair connecting two 50 ft hoses.
Then spent 2 hours water the beans , peas, canteloupe and watermelon.

It was so humid , I came in house, soaked, and that was 8 pm.probably have to do it again next week with this heat.
The green beans are really producing...want to keep it that way.

2 more weeks waiting for peas.

Today staying in.

Jim
No outside work for me in this humidity,hubby worked some in it yesterday washing porch dog beds.Today is to be worse .I keep wanting to turn compost but last time I didn't stop soon enough and thought I'd killed myself.:fun fun:

I forgot , we also canned more green beans yesterday morning..
Adding up..

IMG_20200711_095049909.jpg

My goal is 52 pints this year.

Jim

Thanks, Patchouli, to another tough lady. And thanks, Hiwall. This place drives me nuts. 2 more days. Grandsons and their mama should be over soon to pick up stuff. Kind of a mess right now, but tomorrow is the last of the loading and all the house cleaning for the new owners. Internet went bye bye, so using husband's intelligent phone for a hotspot. Super slow. Kids just realized no tv, land line is off. I think my flip phone will be popular to borrow. They can borrow my record player at the farm. One of them found a transistor radio in all the junk and is having fun with that.

Thanks, Patchouli, to another tough lady. And thanks, Hiwall. This place drives me nuts. 2 more days. Grandsons and their mama should be over soon to pick up stuff. Kind of a mess right now, but tomorrow is the last of the loading and all the house cleaning for the new owners. Internet went bye bye, so using husband's intelligent phone for a hotspot. Super slow. Kids just realized no tv, land line is off. I think my flip phone will be popular to borrow. They can borrow my record player at the farm. One of them found a transistor radio in all the junk and is having fun with that.

One summer when grand kids were here for summer they were bored because no TV at all so we bought them all $5 radios at Dollar General Store. Funny how they liked the radio when nothing else was available. They always spent all summer here 4 to 6 kids at a time. Miss them now that are all grown.

Took 6 gallons of frozen tomatoes out to BIL's freezer today. Will pick up all 8 gallons next Saturday and then can rotel tomatoes on Monday.

Cut okra and picked more tomatoes this afternoon. Trying to talk myself into doing video, but not there yet. I may be about done for the day!

I'm pretty excited because I'm getting my firewood today.
I'm getting it split into two deliveries because the firewood guy can't back his double axle trailer down my drive.
So, 1 ton will be delivered today and the other ton will be delivered later in the week.
My new chest freezer is on back order so I'm waiting on a delivery date for it.

My sister and BIL got home from Turkey for their furlough last week. They were quarantining in my brother's RV at a church owned campground near a state park. They got word on Thursday that they were Corona Negative so we went to visit.

Had a nice time fishing at the park lakes and on the river. I caught several bass and BIL caught a 9 or 10 pound carp which he gave to a couple Bosnian immigrants who were fishing nearby. He also caught his own finger on a fishing lures but was able to get it out with a lot of ice to numb it, and a pliers. Also, he didn't use any language that wouldn't be appropriate due to his and my sister's position as missionaries! 😁 I'm sure if it had been me I would have been inventing words the devil himself hasn't heard yet...

My sister and BIL got home from Turkey for their furlough last week. They were quarantining in my brother's RV at a church owned campground near a state park. They got word on Thursday that they were Corona Negative so we went to visit.

Had a nice time fishing at the park lakes and on the river. I caught several bass and BIL caught a 9 or 10 pound carp which he gave to a couple Bosnian immigrants who were fishing nearby. He also caught his own finger on a fishing lures but was able to get it out with a lot of ice to numb it, and a pliers. Also, he didn't use any language that wouldn't be appropriate due to his and my sister's position as missionaries! 😁 I'm sure if it had been me I would have been inventing words the devil himself hasn't heard yet...

I didn't think Turkey would allow Christians in their nation? See what listenign to news does?

Been having tests done for several weeks.
Should hear results back sooner than later.
Have infection,goodness know where.
But the infection is not in my new knees, that area has been cleared.
I do have RA, that has now been confirmed.
I have lost a pound of weight this week.
Low and slow is the way that works the best for me right now.

Been having tests done for several weeks.
Should hear results back sooner than later.
Have infection,goodness know where.
But the infection is not in my new knees, that area has been cleared.
I do have RA, that has now been confirmed.
I have lost a pound of weight this week.
Low and slow is the way that works the best for me right now.

MoBook loss is always bette than gain if thats the goal. RA can be agrrvated by diet. Hope your infection goes away.

I didn't think Turkey would allow Christians in their nation? See what listenign to news does?
Turkey is "officially" a secular nation. There are tiny minorities of different religions from Islam. In reality, it's a Muslim nation, of course. In the particular region where my sister lives, people are relatively tolerant. Christians are allowed to meet in groups, so long as they don't draw too much attention to themselves. My BIL says he's able to have conversations about Jesus at the auto repair shop, or the Laundromat, or wherever, but "preaching" isn't allowed. They live in an area with lots of international tourism too. There are many historical Christian sites near them, going back to the times of the Apostolic Fathers, and the Turkish government protects those sites.

Turkey is "officially" a secular nation. There are tiny minorities of different religions from Islam. In reality, it's a Muslim nation, of course. In the particular region where my sister lives, people are relatively tolerant. Christians are allowed to meet in groups, so long as they don't draw too much attention to themselves. My BIL says he's able to have conversations about Jesus at the auto repair shop, or the Laundromat, or wherever, but "preaching" isn't allowed. They live in an area with lots of international tourism too. There are many historical Christian sites near them, going back to the times of the Apostolic Fathers, and the Turkish government protects those sites.

Amazing how we are lied to about everything.Like Iran and its Christian AND Jewish population.Now that was about 5 years ago last it was public,so don't know now.
Guess being the greatest and most powerful nation has its secrets but looks like we the people are the most in the dark and our nation is not reconizable anymore and failing.

Clearning out closets and washing out cabinets and walls.

I have friends whose young adult children served missions in Turkey.
Speaking of church, I went today. Even tho they said all were welcome, there were less than 50 in attendance.
Came home, thinking about how to set up the hummingbird feeder since I saw a hummer Friday evening at dusk.
Took the dog for a walk.
Started using a windshield shade thingy finally, wow, those really make a difference in temps not being quite as high in the car.

I have friends whose young adult children served missions in Turkey.
Speaking of church, I went today. Even tho they said all were welcome, there were less than 50 in attendance.
Came home, thinking about how to set up the hummingbird feeder since I saw a hummer Friday evening at dusk.
Took the dog for a walk.
Started using a windshield shade thingy finally, wow, those really make a difference in temps not being quite as high in the car.

Didn't know you have a dog,and yes windshield shader makes a huge difference.

We are moving a mile past our house into pasture overlooking my lake. No neighbors. Driveway is a mile long! Probably will not be able to have internet there.
My wife and I talked about having a mile long driveway years ago, it was a great idea but because of Prop 13 in California the prices of property here in southern Oregon just got too high to do that, anyway we are happy to be living out in the sticks with a 200 foot driveway, more power to you for having that mile long driveway.

My wife and I talked about having a mile long driveway years ago, it was a great idea but because of Prop 13 in California the prices of property here in southern Oregon just got too high to do that, anyway we are happy to be living out in the sticks with a 200 foot driveway, more power to you for having that mile long driveway.

Speaking of power thats a long line unless go undergtound and that will cost you.

We went up the mountain and mowed etc. Hubby picked a bowl of strawberries and a few raspberries. We also got just enough green beans for supper. Glad they are growing up there as beans down here aren’t growing this year. It’s sure nice to start eating from the garden again.

We made it home from my folks house. I finally got to see the condition my dad's study/office is in. Papers everywhere and lots of books he has no use for (Mac software books from the 80's). Most of the books are mildew-y and that room is humid as hell! There is a leak from the master bath directly above it. Since I will be inheriting the house when they pass I am going to make sure that gets fixed asap. Everything in that room has mildew on it. Thank goodness they are replacing the carpet with tile!

We have the bookcases we were promised as well as a victrola stand I found in the attic. I have plans for the stand once I clean it up and maybe re-stain it. But the bookcases need a lot of work because of the mildew. At least we have dry heat here and with the bookcases in the garage they will finally dry out before we get to work cleaning them up. If I had realized the extent of the mildew I might not have taken them. But we drove down there to get them so why waste the trip.

Before we can start on the bookcases K is going to help me finish painting my craft dresser and setting up the school room. I want to move the work table to the opposite wall and organize the closet before school starts. One of the bookcases will go in there after it is cleaned up but I want to get the room laid out first. I have tons of boxes to pull out of the room before we can get the dresser out to paint the frame. I have the drawers ready to paint and have 2 done. Once it is done I have hardware to add. New pulls and apothecary label plates in flat black. It will look stark against the white paint. Hopefully cleaner to look at. So far I found that using a cabinet roller leaves a nice smooth finish.

MoBook loss is always bette than gain if thats the goal. RA can be agrrvated by diet. Hope your infection goes away.
Not really dieting.
Just watch what I eat, very little fast food, hardly any fried foods, very little bread or carbs.
Pretty much cut out all processed foods several years ago.
When I started really reading labels and had to have a dictionary to look up the ingredients lists.
Decided I didn't need those ingredients in my diet, body.
That's how we found out about my Strawberry allergy.
Pretty much cut out soda of any kind.
Walking, exercise, sweating to the oldies dance routine, Zuma etc.

It's a sugar sand dirt road that we reserved for access to remainder of land and that joined my inherited land

Latest posts

Back