What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before the weekend was over I was able to install the garbage disposal and the faucet in the kitchen sink. I was so happy after I ran the water for a while, tested the disposal, and the cabinet under the sink was still dry :) Small victories are just as good and the big ones.

Now I can start assembling and installing the drawers (30 of them by my count), lazy-susan, and the shelving.

Before work today I was able to cut the new window sill, then during my breaks I sanded and painted it, I installed it after dinner. 1 more thing down.

Because my son made the kitchen plan, I have to look at the plans to figure out which drawers go where... it's like a 3D life size jigsaw puzzle with all brown paper box pieces......

Sitting in my car for a while to cool off. Have been at hospital since 1PM. Dad is being kept in CCU tonight. His temp was 103.9 when we arrived. At least this hospital is on a better track to help him. Two weeks ago in different hospital, the doctor was set on it being his heart no matter how many heart tests came back good 🤬. They didn’t test him for CV and sent him home saying become a vegan and get some exercise. He’s now being checked for pneumonia, abdominal infection, CV etc and on IV and antibiotics via IV. They will only let 1 person in so that’s been Mom and I have been sitting here all day waiting and keeping family informed via text. I’m tired and bored.

Sitting in my car for a while to cool off. Have been at hospital since 1PM. Dad is being kept in CCU tonight. His temp was 103.9 when we arrived. At least this hospital is on a better track to help him. Two weeks ago in different hospital, the doctor was set on it being his heart no matter how many heart tests came back good 🤬. They didn’t test him for CV and sent him home saying become a vegan and get some exercise. He’s now being checked for pneumonia, abdominal infection, CV etc and on IV and antibiotics via IV. They will only let 1 person in so that’s been Mom and I have been sitting here all day waiting and keeping family informed via text. I’m tired and bored.

LadyL sorry about your dad,hope they find out whats wrong. :huggs:🙏.

Cupboards and drawers would drive me bonkers.
What will the brand look like, Terri?

The cabinets and drawer workings are Ikea, white, the doors and drawer fronts are from another source, the bottoms will be a greenish-gray, above the 3' line everything is white, the counter top in quartz (white-ish with specks of gray and green), the under mount stainless steel sink is a 32" work station with a shelf for drop-in cutting boards, collender, and drying rack; the faucet is a tall single pole unit with an arm for filling pots and a tall pulldown spray head. The overall design is a U around a narrow island that will have a butcher block top that empties out into the dining room, the stove is at the bottom of the U, left side (right side in the picture) would be floor the ceiling cabinets, the right side is the sink, dishwasher, and fridge... My wife is mobility impared and to accomodate her we went all drawers below the 3 foot line, the tall cabinets have one more above that. The floors are new hardwood with a dark stain. The island is not installed yet, because I would rather have room to work. So far I have been limited to working on it alone evenings and weekends. When son came home from college in May he planned it out with his mom, ordered everything on my cabelas card, and helped me de-construct everything down to the joists, but he started his residency the end of June and I have been trying to put it all back together since then.
P_20200803_222057_p.jpg
P_20200803_222027_p.jpg
1596508195209.jpeg

The cabinets and drawer workings are Ikea, white, the doors and drawer fronts are from another source, the bottoms will be a greenish-gray, above the 3' line everything is white, the counter top in quartz (white-ish with specks of gray and green), the under mount stainless steel sink is a 32" work station with a shelf for drop-in cutting boards, collender, and drying rack; the faucet is a tall single pole unit with an arm for filling pots and a tall pulldown spray head. The overall design is a U around a narrow island that will have a butcher block top that empties out into the dining room, the stove is at the bottom of the U, left side (right side in the picture) would be floor the ceiling cabinets, the right side is the sink, dishwasher, and fridge... My wife is mobility impared and to accomodate her we went all drawers below the 3 foot line, the tall cabinets have one more above that. The floors are new hardwood with a dark stain. The island is not installed yet, because I would rather have room to work. So far I have been limited to working on it alone evenings and weekends. When son came home from college in May he planned it out with his mom, ordered everything on my cabelas card, and helped me de-construct everything down to the joists, but he started his residency the end of June and I have been trying to put it all back together since then.
View attachment 47630View attachment 47632View attachment 47633

Very Nice! :thumbs:

Very nice urban,
Praying for your family @LadyLocust .

A friend came over for to get an introduction to ammo reloading, and see what he needs to get started.

We are officially done with canning sauce,
We ended up with 93 pints.

We got all the yards mowed.
I got 2 hours of bush hogging done .

Then it came another flood.

Then I had a blony and mater sammich.

Jim

Today woke to rain, rain is nice it helps the garden, watched the weather forecast while eating breakfast, 6 inches of rain for today, high winds, likely power outages...

Well, I think I am prepared, I have a few hours of battery backup for the work computer, phones are fully charged, and everything else is good to go.

Rainy day here right now. Weather service says we're to get 1/2-3/4 in. of rain from the TD/Huricane but we're already up to 1/2 in. so it better get moving so the service is right lol Doesn't look like it on radar though.

I plan on doing the usual. Cleaning some, have sheets to wash and dry, thinking of making cookies but hubby's bloodwork came back and his A1C is at 6 so I'm thinking maybe no on the cookies now.
I guess all that excellent health he's had is now tanking since he hit 65 this year.

Been reading the North to Alaska story by Fleataxi. Once I'm finished that I'm thinking of reading some Anne McCaffrey

Hows it going this morning?

Had my morning coffee.
If I don't I get a headache.

Debating if I want to do more bushhogging or not.

Temp is only 65 deg , but humidity is 80%.

Maybe later.

Gotta help wife with new shower curtain.
The bathroom remodel is still going.

Will help with peeling peas later today.

Thinking about a new-er bush hog mower.
Mine is soooo old and noisy .

Jim

Took the day off work to take my truck for a repair, had to leave it waiting for a part. Pick it up after work tomorrow. Goona go take a look at some goodies at the local fun store, then go visit my parents for a while. THen back here to pick cukes, maters, and okra tonight.

Sounds like a good plan leading up to a good day.:thumbs:

I hope you and Mrs. Phideaux sleep good tonight, you two work harder than most people half your age.

I tell my cardiologist...if I stop , and sit in the recliner , on my butt, and do nothing.
I wouldn't live 2 months.

I'm serious.
I believe that.
I've seen people do that.

As long as we are physically able we gotta stay busy.

Jim

Had my morning coffee.
If I don't I get a headache.

Debating if I want to do more bushhogging or not.

Temp is only 65 deg , but humidity is 80%.

Maybe later.

Gotta help wife with new shower curtain.
The bathroom remodel is still going.

Will help with peeling peas later today.

Thinking about a new-er bush hog mower.
Mine is soooo old and noisy .

Jim

Jim thats got to be an award winning bathroom if you ever get threw with it.Hubby is always asking me " am I done yet" lol.:great:

I tell my cardiologist...if I stop , and sit in the recliner , on my butt, and do nothing.
I wouldn't live 2 months.

I'm serious.
I believe that.
I've seen people do that.

As long as we are physically able we gotta stay busy.

Jim

J

I think your right about that.I sit around and I get sick both mentally and physically.

I called Pa this morning at the hosp. Asked him how he was feeling - he said "Like Sh**, but the better side of sh**." I have a good 'gut' feeling that he is in the right hands this time. It's an infection but they haven't yet discovered the source. They should get some test results back today. Thank you thank you thank you !!! for all the prayers and well wishes. I can't even express how meaningful that is to me.
This picture is a few months before all this started - Probably not what a 70 year old should be doing, but. . .
Yesterday he couldn't even get out of the car by himself.
Pa.JPG

I called Pa this morning at the hosp. Asked him how he was feeling - he said "Like Sh**, but the better side of sh**." I have a good 'gut' feeling that he is in the right hands this time. It's an infection but they haven't yet discovered the source. They should get some test results back today. Thank you thank you thank you !!! for all the prayers and well wishes. I can't even express how meaningful that is to me.
This picture is a few months before all this started - Probably not what a 70 year old should be doing, but. . .
View attachment 47700
LadyL he looks fit in this picture. Of course the horse looks like it is rolling its eyes,lol.
Glad your home and not still in waiting room, and they found out some kind of infection is going on, hope soon they know everything and easy to treat.

View attachment 47700

So glad your dad is feeling a tiny bit better! That photo looks like Wyoming near Cheyenne.

Walked first, got Pot Roast with COM soup and homemade onion soup mix in slow cooker. Shredded some zucchini and made Healthy Zucchini Cookies which are pretty good! Sliced the rest of the Zucchini for Parmesan Crisps. Also sliced jalapenos for Cowboy Candy tomorrow. Didn't have enough zucchini to PC so just cooking today. Put some potatoes in with roast and made potato salad with the rest of a 5# bag. May make the crisps in a bit. Returning the third food processor that I bought. It broke a little clip after 4 uses. I'm going to have to wait and buy a professional grade processor next year. Will limp through with old one until then.
Still have to cut okra and slice, then pick figs and jalapenos.

View attachment 47700
Don't count us old guys out .
One word comes to mind...TOUGH.

Jim

Latest posts

Back