What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say, Urban. Don't know anybody else who would be ready to saw tile at 4 ish in the morning.
Husband got a new concentrator, it can refill those small green bottles up top for standby (when the power is on). But he also got a portable, and the battery goes all day. We've tested it at maybe 9 hrs before it gives out. But it's just pulse oxy. So we got an extra battery for that to keep charged. And I can charge it in the truck. Not as great to use as the concentrator, though, because that puts out 3 liters continuous for him when he sleeps.
Have a load ready for the dump from cleaning out an old garage, so we're going to pick up my cousin and her daughter, go to the dump, and then go to the bulk food store nearby. She's looking for 50 lb sacks of quick oats. I'll know what I'm looking for when I see it. They have never been to a dollar tree, so thinking of stopping by one of those. And I need to get mom a couple of annual flowers she wants and drop them off.

Been off and on phone lots this morning.

Wife is coming home today.

She has no choice.
They're saying it's too risky to keep her any longer.

I understand that.
All kinds of diseases floating around there.
They have one entire floor for ,Corona.
I figure there are people coming and going there also.

She had PT just now.

Im waiting to hear I can come , must meet her outside.

I told her to ask if I could come help her get dressed.
Doubt it.

Waiting.

Need to pick peas again today.

Sor far I got 30 pints of peas from 3 rows . Still more out there.

Wife hated it that she can't help.

Jim

Been off and on phone lots this morning.

Wife is coming home today.

She has no choice.
They're saying it's too risky to keep her any longer.

I understand that.
All kinds of diseases floating around there.
They have one entire floor for ,Corona.
I figure there are people coming and going there also.

She had PT just now.

Im waiting to hear I can come , must meet her outside.

I told her to ask if I could come help her get dressed.
Doubt it.

Waiting.

Need to pick peas again today.

Sor far I got 30 pints of peas from 3 rows . Still more out there.

Wife hated it that she can't help.

Jim

This is probably best for her to be home, never know when they will lock down the whole works.Hope she feels btter just being home .

Last edited:
I really hope she feels better coming home, Phideaux, I'm sure she will. And there will always be peas.
We went to the dump, the bulk food store, the plant nursery for flowers for mom, the Dollar Tree, and Chic fil A. Brought my favorite cousins daughter, she is stocking up for her family before Fall hits and needed 100 lbs of flour and other misc stuff. She had never been in a Dollar Tree before, and was wowed. They were talking about shortages there and so was the Menno bulk store, and we saw some spots empty, but not too bad. Did notice the bulk store had alot, alot of English shoppers trying to stock up, and some looked pretty lost on what to buy. No fast meals there. Also noticed that the little Menno/Amish salvage store that we have down the road has alot of out of towners coming in, and they weren't as well stocked. There seems to be alot of Dollar Generals in the bigger town, but they are all junkie. Two Dollar Trees and they are kept clean. So still putting away alot of stuff, granddaughter is excited she has an interview at the burger place Monday morning, and I have pies to make tonight because neighbors two farms over are coming for pie tomorrow. They kind of stayed away after I stopped them from parking their combine in our round top, and other tractor implements. They are English, and he is a big wig Monsanto guy I think.

I would say, Urban. Don't know anybody else who would be ready to saw tile at 4 ish in the morning.
Husband got a new concentrator, it can refill those small green bottles up top for standby (when the power is on). But he also got a portable, and the battery goes all day. We've tested it at maybe 9 hrs before it gives out. But it's just pulse oxy. So we got an extra battery for that to keep charged. And I can charge it in the truck. Not as great to use as the concentrator, though, because that puts out 3 liters continuous for him when he sleeps.
Have a load ready for the dump from cleaning out an old garage, so we're going to pick up my cousin and her daughter, go to the dump, and then go to the bulk food store nearby. She's looking for 50 lb sacks of quick oats. I'll know what I'm looking for when I see it. They have never been to a dollar tree, so thinking of stopping by one of those. And I need to get mom a couple of annual flowers she wants and drop them off.

We have the concentrator with 1 small green bottle, a "Large" Bottle (I think it is good for 24 hours), the portable pulse with only 1 battery (it's to be good for about 4 hours).

When in installed my manual transfer switch I made 1 circuit in the house with an automatic inline inverter-charger transfer-switch and 800 AMP/hr battery pack, it covers my work computers, my router, and her oxygen; I have those emergency lights posted in the hall, basement by the breakers, and by my work station (I don't like working in the dark).

I have always worked 12-14 hr days and now I just keep the same schedule up by 4, down by 11, tired all the time.... ;)

How is the new place working out, did everything make the trip ok? Has your Hubby been able to get new doctors lined up and fall into a "new normal" yet.

I guess I should tell those who don't know me that Amish and I have been exchanging information on the old Mainstream Preppers (MSP) site for about a decade, but as it got unstable she suggested I jump on here.

Worked all day at a neighbor's place. We set up a very large roping arena. When I got there I asked if all the workers had to wear a cowboy hat but they said this time I could stay and work with a baseball hat on. We got it done and there were several tired guys at the end. We didn't social distance and none of us wore a stupid mask.

Wife is home.
You know how that goes , with the discharge paperwork and instructions.

Instructions on the meds that were suppose to be going home with us , but , I got one of them " sorry for the miscommunication"

Disgusting incompetence.

So I had to call my best friend Doc , and he had on hand what I needed.

She is very, very weak, and still has pain on left side of lower back.

It's gonna take some time.
Oh, btw , they decided to tell us , on top of kidney stone, double pnuemonia, colon infection 1 week old back surgery, that she has a 4 mm Aortic Aneurism.

But I have her home where I can attend to her .

She is a trooper.

Jim

Wife is home.
You know how that goes , with the discharge paperwork and instructions.

Instructions on the meds that were suppose to be going home with us , but , I got one of them " sorry for the miscommunication"

Disgusting incompetence.

So I had to call my best friend Doc , and he had on hand what I needed.

She is very, very weak, and still has pain on left side of lower back.

It's gonna take some time.
Oh, btw , they decided to tell us , on top of kidney stone, double pnuemonia, colon infection 1 week old back surgery, that she has a 4 mm Aortic Aneurism.

But I have her home where I can attend to her .

She is a trooper.

Jim

JIm this has been a rough year for yall and hope it will calm down. As usuaul we keep yall in our thoughts and prayers.

Praying for your wife, Phideaux. You are going to be one busy nurse for awhile.
Urban, you have a great setup! Was letting husband know. We just have the Amish backup...charged car batteries and inverters for his oxygenator, and he can use the nebulizer and shaking vest in the truck if need be. Uses the vest in the morning and neb about 4 times a day. Your battery on your pulse doesn't last long. We got an imogen, latest model, and it last all day. And got the extra battery to keep charged, too. Need to get solar charging station hooked up to do the car batteries, maybe on the roof of an outbuilding. My cousin has theirs on their washhouse roof. We are far from unpacked and settled in. We intended to had the downstairs add on done, a large bedroom and handicapped bathroom, and don't have that even started yet. So the downstairs family room becomes husband's bedroom in the morning, and then a family room in the daytime. Kids have a family room upstairs, and their bedrooms, and we had a bathroom put up there. Right now, there's 100 baby chicks upstairs, too. Been focusing on family here, getting the kids ready for school, need to do the school shopping this week, establishing husband's doctors, unpacking some, and shopping for holes in our storage. So far we've seen a primary care and a diabetic doctor, and he likes them both. This week we see the pulmonary doc and next week the orthopedic surgeon for his back. Soon after the eye doc, the urologist, and the cardiologist. Seems like every week they'll be an appt. He's not very mobile. Tonight, though, we had a good time riding around the farm. Him on the scooter, and me on my bike. The cussing neighbor boy, Levi, the one who talks like an old man (he's 7) thought it was funny we were riding all over. He's the one usually racing around on his bike.

Prayers for you guys Jim. Glad she's home. Prayers that the meds they've had her on has killed all the infection. Gonna take time for her back. AA was unexpected wasn't it?

Yes it was, and they seen it last Tuesday.
He said we will keep an eye on it, if it goes to ,5 mm , then they will fix it.

I hate surprises, especially last minute ones.

Jim

Praying for both of you Jim! 🙏. Keep yourself well so you can help her 💖
Amish sounds like you need a few more things on your to-do list - oy! You also keep well and get some rest.
@Haertig That’s awesome! Feels good to see a project like that come together, doesn’t it? I miss that (sorta) a lot of work, but rewarding.

Praying for your wife, Phideaux. You are going to be one busy nurse for awhile.
Urban, you have a great setup! Was letting husband know. We just have the Amish backup...charged car batteries and inverters for his oxygenator, and he can use the nebulizer and shaking vest in the truck if need be. Uses the vest in the morning and neb about 4 times a day. Your battery on your pulse doesn't last long. We got an imogen, latest model, and it last all day. And got the extra battery to keep charged, too. Need to get solar charging station hooked up to do the car batteries, maybe on the roof of an outbuilding. My cousin has theirs on their washhouse roof. We are far from unpacked and settled in. We intended to had the downstairs add on done, a large bedroom and handicapped bathroom, and don't have that even started yet. So the downstairs family room becomes husband's bedroom in the morning, and then a family room in the daytime. Kids have a family room upstairs, and their bedrooms, and we had a bathroom put up there. Right now, there's 100 baby chicks upstairs, too. Been focusing on family here, getting the kids ready for school, need to do the school shopping this week, establishing husband's doctors, unpacking some, and shopping for holes in our storage. So far we've seen a primary care and a diabetic doctor, and he likes them both. This week we see the pulmonary doc and next week the orthopedic surgeon for his back. Soon after the eye doc, the urologist, and the cardiologist. Seems like every week they'll be an appt. He's not very mobile. Tonight, though, we had a good time riding around the farm. Him on the scooter, and me on my bike. The cussing neighbor boy, Levi, the one who talks like an old man (he's 7) thought it was funny we were riding all over. He's the one usually racing around on his bike.

Amish, I agree her battery doesn't last long, her normal setting is 3, but if she is having trouble maintaining we have gone up to 4 1/2 or 5 and it really sucks the juce out.

I did my set-up after trying to start a generator in a freezing rain in the middle of the night, I broke the pull handle cord. So over the next week thought about what I wanted. I have several inverters of different amperages, but it took me forever to find one that had the charger and built in transfer that I could afford. Every year I tell myself that this year I will add solar and every year something comes up that changes my plans.

Well, the sun is almost up, breakfast is done, the laundry is going, so I guess I need to get moving. Today is range day and I need to pick up a few things at WM- before heading out. I did get the above the level line tiling done yesterday, this evening I may try to finish.

1597572896155.jpeg

Wife is feeling better this morning.
Before bed last night,
I rubbed the area of her back that's really hurting, really good with Theraworx, just to see, well at 3 am ,she woke up to go to bathroom , said it helped , so I did it again.

Just did it again this morning, and I can tell she's moving better.

Never be afraid to try something.
That Theraworx is good stuff.

Gonna be baby sitting the wife today.
I went and bought 3 lbs of bar-b-que and buns yesterday, daughter and grands were here , so I got plenty extra for easy lunch today.

Hope y'all have a great day.

Jim

So glad she’s feeling better @phideaux! Keep it up!
I’m going to have to look into that stuff.
It’s bed time but we are having VERY odd weather at the moment so I’m sitting up watching it. The wind is blowing in the wrong direction and there’s “dry” lightening. How is there no thunder!?!? It’s so odd. Never got under 82* last night. 2020 just keeps on surprising. Praying a whole bunch of fires aren’t started from this. Supposed to be 111* here today. I’m at a loss with this weather

Praying for your wife, Jim. Are they going to try again for the stone?

I did my video first, then went to Church and ran to the Dollar Tree for frozen fruit.

Since then, I cut okra and picked figs and jalapenos and put it all away. Wrapped and printed mail label for my little brother's Birthday present, made sweet and sour dressing for DH, prepped his meds for the next two weeks.

I started the prednisone for the trigger thumb and hip today. There is already no pain at all in hip but the thumb is the same. I started back doing Green Smoothies 6 days ago and am down 4 pounds so far. I know the steroid is not going to help, but I will try to keep at it! Thought for the day, month and year--I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions!

@Double R With BP where are you!? (State). We were supposed to get to 102 today but so far “only” 100. Next 3 days lowest temp is supposed to be 73 - blek!
On a lighter note: Pa is out of ICU and back in CCU where I’m at least allowed to call him which I will do in just a few minutes. 😁. The therapist said he is responding and improving so well that as long as he has someone at home to help him if he needs it, he sees no reason why he can’t do home therapy. I told Mom we want him home as soon as it’s safe for him. I don’t trust the gov not to pull something even stupider! I am ready to go get him at a moments notice. Can’t wait to see him 🙏

Had oldest big little grand daughter today.
She actually came over last night to spend the night with Granny.
She got here about 8 pm last night.
Oldest son said," She sleeps in till 9-930 sometimes as late as 10".
She should be no problem.
Her mommy said about the same thing.
So did her other grandma(Nana) and Aunt Sissy.
Big sister says she sleeps in till as late as 11 am.
Nope, not even close to any of those times.
At 0500 hours those little green mischievous eyes pop open, and we're up for the day.
By 0600 hours we are both dressed, hair combed, teeth brushed all before I turn on the coffee pot.
By 0630 hours we have taken medicine for me, vitamins for her.
Strawberry has been outside at least once already.
0730 hours Granny's fixing breakfast: waffles, sliced peaches, coffee,syrup(sugar free), bacon.
She plays for couple of hours.
Strawberry goes for walk with dog walker.
Grand daughter pouts cause she can't go.
Grand daughter and Granny blow "Angel Kisses(dandelions), Strawberry takes care of business.
1000 hours grand daughter complains she and Strawberry is hungry.
So we have snack of sliced, peeled apple with peanut butter, milk, coffee.
Noon Granny fixes lunch: Ramen noodles with mushrooms, diced chicken,diced sweet peppers(yellow, red and her favorite color orange), vanilla ice cream with blueberries.
All this time no nap.
By 1430 hours, Granny tells her I need to hold you(like she does me when she's tired).
We sit down in my recliner so she can hold Granny, so Granny can rest for a minute.
I never even got comfortable, she's snoring.
Thankfully she sleeps for hour and half.
This Granny's behind is dragging.
Grand daughter wasn't even buckled into her car seat before Strawberry was snoring on the love seat.
Granny takes son home his truck is still broke down.
Mechanic is on vacation.
He's due back tonight.
This Granny is having an early night.
Next time somebody tells me she sleeps in till 0900.
I'm boxing somebodies ears for them.

Latest posts

Back