What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walked first, fed and walked dogs, pulled skins off of sweet potatoes that I steamed yesterday and cut a few potatoes into french fry shapes. Getting ready to get them all into PC and later will go to lowes and walmart for a few things with our company here. Busy! Have a good day and I hope your wife is better today, Jim!

My day has actually been really nice so far. My sister brought my parents down to visit. We all went to my church's coffee shop and had a nice time. One of the ladies who works in the coffee shop went to another church with my sister years ago so they got to catch up a bit too.

For this afternoon, don't have much on the agenda but cleaning house a bit and going to the gym. It should be a good day. :thumbs:

It was another day of digging but my brother joined us and we made good progress. Actually talked about how to finish it off.

He reported something that struck me as fishy.
He lives in the basement of my sister's place so they share the same address. He received an application for a mail in ballot. My sister received 6. Difference? He is a registered Republican, she is registered as a Democrat.

We are located in PA by the way.

Behave!

Ben

It was another day of digging but my brother joined us and we made good progress. Actually talked about how to finish it off.

He reported something that struck me as fishy.
He lives in the basement of my sister's place so they share the same address. He received an application for a mail in ballot. My sister received 6. Difference? He is a registered Republican, she is registered as a Democrat.

We are located in PA by the way.

Behave!

Ben

Don't worry Ben, it just the new math they have been teaching for last few years....
These arn't the droids your looking for,.... move along

Don't worry Ben, it just the new math they have been teaching for last few years....
These arn't the droids your looking for,.... move along
It maybe a good thing Urban.

We live across the the street and we both received one application (both registered Republicans).

So we can understand that as one application for each registered voter. The extra 5 for my sister can be seen as money wasted since she is voting for The Don.

Ben

Jim hoe are you and Brenda doing today? Hope she is having a much better day.

Today has been a bad day.
Wife had a bad night .
PT came in this morning a she could barely get out of bed with them helping.
So they said she's not ready to go home.
Hospital doctor came in later and said she was going home.
Then PT said she's ok to go home New CT scan showed nothing.
So where the pain coming from ? They said from the surgery , it will get better. Wife said no, it's the same pain she's had for six weeks .
They basically kicked her out, said their hands were tied , it's insurance , they tie the hands of doctors.
If she's not better in a couple days we're goin to try to get in Vanderbilt.

I'm seriously going to have a chat with this administrator , we're gonna discuss Medical Negligence.
We're gonna discuss , don't send me any bills for not solving the problem . Take what insurance and Medicare pays or I'll cost you so much in legal fees that you may have go bankrupt.
I'm so frustrated be with this hospital.

She's resting comfortably , as long as she don't move.

This sucks.

Jim

Sorry to be so negative.
Been a long day.

Wife had a bad night .
So where the pain coming from ? They said from the surgery , it will get better. Wife said no, it's the same pain she's had for six weeks .
They basically kicked her out, said their hands were tied , it's insurance , they tie the hands of doctors.

I'm seriously going to have a chat with this administrator , we're gonna discuss Medical Negligence.
We're gonna discuss , don't send me any bills for not solving the problem . Take what insurance and Medicare pays or I'll cost you so much in legal fees that you may have go bankrupt.

This sucks.

Jim

Sorry to be so negative.
Been a long day.

I don't blamre you one bit for being upset. I figured things weren't good since you didn't comment, Wish we could do more than just be here for yall. They should all be ashamed. I bet some of them are too. Thanks fro letting us know whats going on. :huggs::huggs:one for both.

So sorry to hear that Jim... had such high hopes.... will be keeping you in our prayers...

Today, we got a letter saying that my wife's life insurance expires at the end of next month, called them and there is nothing to do. Wife was really upset and angry.... I was expecting it, but she just didn't understand what "Term" ment.

I finished painting the cupboard, we will be able to start putting things into it this weekend.
Wife is starting to get her kitchen organized and her needs are becoming clearer.
I pulled my back out this afternoon, along the bottom rib going from the right side to the middle of my back..... I must have looked at something heavy wrong.

I hope I can sleep tonight, I took tomorrow off to do some outdoor work, so it is raining.....

Wife had a bad night .

This sucks.

Jim

Sorry to be so negative.
Been a long day.

A million thoughts came to mind reading your post Jim, but will just continue to pray for you to receive sound advice and guidance in these trying times.
🙏's

I’m right here with the others Jim. Wish there was more we could do. I will say another hospital sounds like it is in order. We took Dad to one that basically did nothing and kicked him out. Then went to a different one and they found the problem quickly and were “on it.”
Huge prayers and hugs to you both.

I pulled my back out this afternoon, along the bottom rib going from the right side to the middle of my back..... I must have looked at something heavy wrong.
I have been dealing with this for almost a week. I get it from repetitive movements. I was throwing a ball for a dog for days. Yep, that'll do it. At least I'm not crawling. Been there, done that. Want to go dig in the yard and get soil amended with peat moss, and to plant crocus, tulips, anemones, mums, and seed in johnny-jump-ups, rubdeckia, poppies.

Went to store today. I don't like to buy a lot at once but I'm feeling unprepared so I bought about $100 of canned goods. Guy at counter was laughing but wouldn't tell me why. I truly got the feeling he was laughing at some crazy hoarder. I bet he wasn't laughing in March. I was. We will see who's laughing in December.

Went to store today. I don't like to buy a lot at once but I'm feeling unprepared so I bought about $100 of canned goods. Guy at counter was laughing but wouldn't tell me why. I truly got the feeling he was laughing at some crazy hoarder. I bet he wasn't laughing in March. I was. We will see who's laughing in December.
Thats why I use self checkout. Its nobody's business ;)

I've done been to the local grocery and was back by 7am.
Had breakfast
Went and cut almost all of my sweet peppers because we're looking at possible frost tonight/early morning.
Have a cookie sheet of raspberries I'm freezing for the winter in the freezer. Have another one to do later.
Made a lemon wacky cake yesterday. I'll try it out after lunch today to see how it turned out. Smells good.
Have dishes to do
Laundry to fold
Have to figure out why a program I use on the pc isn't working right. Might have to uninstall and reinstall and see if that works.
Was supposed to fill out a tobacco use rewards program for the health insurance today but when I tried it said there was no rewards program lmao Idiots are running the world. I swear it.
Gonna be beautiful this weekend. 60's and sunshine. My kind of weather

Didn't sleep well last night. Will walk in about a half hour, then chores. Today is an outside day--82 for a high. Will trim branches around property line and weed garden, then put down hay for mulch.

On my walk, I will buy noodles to PC Chicken noodle soup tomorrow. my neighbor gave me a lot of veggies and I have some chicken patties that are ok, but not great. That will take care of room in the fridge.

I truly hope you can find some answers and relief for your wife, Jim!

1600440920797.png

Today is going to be a busy day.
Got wife outta bed , it wasn't easy.
She took a Percocet, , not in lots of pain right now.
So I got to go get gas in the car, pick up gas for lawn mower.

Placed large grocery order , gotta go pick it up at 1 pm. Then call our eatery and order lunch and go pick it up.

Then start mowing again.

Got a guy coming at 4pm to look a guns.

By the time he leaves, I'll be ready for the day to end.

At least I'm not sitting in a hospital.

Ok, I gotta get started , hope everyone here has a beautiful day.

Jim

Latest posts

Back