What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are settings in smart phones to block much of it (which I've done). Also, on your computer, either have history auto clear or manually clear it weekly. This was from the use of my credit card which does not have my email address etc. to the computer so they use creepy means to link it all - probably from online purchase at some time. I try to use PayPal but who knows.

There are settings in smart phones to block much of it (which I've done). Also, on your computer, either have history auto clear or manually clear it weekly. This was from the use of my credit card which does not have my email address etc. to the computer so they use creepy means to link it all - probably from online purchase at some time. I try to use PayPal but who knows.
And how do you block it when you have not typed in anything, just thought about it, and the ads show up? Nothing was spoken, nothing was researched, nothing done, just a thought.

I know this sounds crazy, because it is. Surely I must have said something, done something, or something. NO!

Went to vote and had an early lunch in town. Spent the rest of the day getting the livestock and greenhouse ready for the coming freezing temps. I was going to clean the chimney but hubby and the kid both said NO. Aparently I'm to clumsy to be on the roof...

Some phones have voice commands so they are always listening when they are turned on. My phone often thinks someone tried to talk to it and pulls up the mode to search via voice command-- but that means it's always recording. SmartTVS & other devices that can use voice command do the same thing.

Also, the algorithms for ads are designed to look at every site you visit, every thing you look at online, any info they can garner about you & use it to predict things you may want or like. They base it on other people having similar preferences & there's a certain percentage chance you might find it appealing too. Sometimes they get things waaaay off though. I have adblockers on so I don't see too much in the way of ads-- I was getting hijack ads & popups that interfered with my browsing. Since I have limited bandwidth I try to block auto-load video stuff.

I put a new chain on the pole saw, new spark plug, got it running good. I trimmed up a pecan tree beside the driveway. It was the worst one, had limbs hanging down everywhere. Still have the mulberry and walnut trees to trim but I need someone to drive the tractor while I stand in the bucket of the frontend loader. I guess they'll have to wait for another day.

I hauled a big load of junk out of the shop over to a big dumpster by the large highway. The garbage company puts one out by a crossroads once every couple of months. Folks out here in the county can take furniture, appliances, big stuff the weekly truck won't pick up.

It drizzled rain off and on all day, didn't get anything else done outside so I mopped and cleaned up inside.

Got one freezer defrosted, cleaned, and reloaded. Got the 2nd freezer defrosting tonight.
Also bought and installed 3 new LED lights in the basement. Did other organizing and cleaning in the basement
Easy for you to say
:thumbs:
I was glad I didn't have to put up the hook screws to hold it to the ceiling.
It is chilly here tonight.
Weedy, you're freaking me out. Remember subliminal stuff too. And it is nothing you order regularly at particular times of the week or month?
I had an ancestor who was buried alive. You and I could probably have a great time comparing genealogy notes. Maybe we're related. Mine came from Austria, France to Germany to America, England, Ireland, Scotland (a lot of that), Germany. 100% mutt.
Did you do a DNA test? I have not. Kind of creeps me out.

Today I am playing catch-up. I have 2 loads of laundry done, 3 more and I can move on to something else. It's raining as forecasted, so I put on a rain coat and opened up all my raised bed tops, it's 50 degrees and raining, the plants love that rain water, then I will close them back up this afternoon... Need to do some cleaning and organizing so I can start assembling the kits I cut-out yesterday. Throw in a couple hours for church and I think the day will be done.

So far the 4 year old seeds that I planted have shown no signs of life... I think I need to research how to store seeds long term and still have them be viable.

Grandson just got a fire going, the first since we've been here. Going to cousins for dinner tonight, and haven't seen them all for a week because they were around someone with Covid at church last week. They are staying home this week. and they have been well all week. Have talked to my favorite cousin every day. She enjoys visitors and has had a hard time with this, but I will give her a big hug tonight. Not much today. Some reading, cleaning out the linen closet, lots of laundry to do and hang indoors, will be making enchiladas to bring tonight.

Went to vote and had an early lunch in town. Spent the rest of the day getting the livestock and greenhouse ready for the coming freezing temps. I was going to clean the chimney but hubby and the kid both said NO. Aparently I'm to clumsy to be on the roof...

I quit the ladders about 5 years ago,including the scaffle when working on greenhouse.

I put a new chain on the pole saw, new spark plug, got it running good. I trimmed up a pecan tree beside the driveway. It was the worst one, had limbs hanging down everywhere. Still have the mulberry and walnut trees to trim but I need someone to drive the tractor while I stand in the bucket of the frontend loader. I guess they'll have to wait for another day.

I hauled a big load of junk out of the shop over to a big dumpster by the large highway. The garbage company puts one out by a crossroads once every couple of months. Folks out here in the county can take furniture, appliances, big stuff the weekly truck won't pick up.

It drizzled rain off and on all day, didn't get anything else done outside so I mopped and cleaned up inside.

We could really use a pole saw our trees are reaching out to the dirt roads.

Easy for you to say
:thumbs:
I was glad I didn't have to put up the hook screws to hold it to the ceiling.
It is chilly here tonight.
Weedy, you're freaking me out. Remember subliminal stuff too. And it is nothing you order regularly at particular times of the week or month?
I had an ancestor who was buried alive. You and I could probably have a great time comparing genealogy notes. Maybe we're related. Mine came from Austria, France to Germany to America, England, Ireland, Scotland (a lot of that), Germany. 100% mutt.
Did you do a DNA test? I have not. Kind of creeps me out.

Would that make you of the Franks linage or the Turks? I use to study peoples origins forgot most of it. Not that it matters but was into the Bibicle tribes at the time to see where they were mostly the two houses of Israelites.

We could really use a pole saw our trees are reaching out to the dirt roads.
I need a pole saw as well.

Last day of house/ dog sitting, maybe. Folks went to western Colorado, and the weather will impact their drive back. If they do not make it back, everything will still be fine. I am here and can feed and care for the dogs and cats, and I have more food than I will be able to eat.

I thought it was 23 degrees when I woke up this morning, but my phone is saying a high of 19 degrees today, low of 10. We're snug and warm in the house. High of 15 degrees tomorrow and low of 6 degrees.

I need a pole saw as well.

Last day of house/ dog sitting, maybe. Folks went to western Colorado, and the weather will impact their drive back. If they do not make it back, everything will still be fine. I am here and can feed and care for the dogs and cats, and I have more food than I will be able to eat.

I thought it was 23 degrees when I woke up this morning, but my phone is saying a high of 19 degrees today, low of 10. We're snug and warm in the house. High of 15 degrees tomorrow and low of 6 degrees.

For the first time since last winter I got a little chill in the shower this morning. And its not below 70 yet.:huh:

I want to thank everybody for the birthday wishes.
Had a wonderful week end doing nothing.
Except eating, sleeping.
So tomorrow will be back to the grind.
By the way me doing nothing is really hard.
Working on Baby Reign's Christmas blanket.
Working on my tenth colored strip.
Then will start the repeat.
White,mint,white,baby blue, white,peach,white,teal,white,yellow,white,spring green, white, orange,white,purple, white, pink.
It looks good so far.
Sipping second pot of coffee.
Strawberry has been walked.
She's sleeping on her blanket, pillow on her chair.

Dreary, damp , overcast , cool day.

Going to church for worship service.

May stop and eat somewhere, or come home and throw something in the air fryer.

Gotta get that new PTO shaft on the mowhog. Soon.

Just bidding our time till wife's next surgery.

Jim

Are yall still thinking of moving? I know lately work here is getting a little hard for us and we don't have near the things to do , well maybe hubby does at times keeping these old vehicles going is becoming a big problem for him,he has some bad burns air contol module went bad he had to run to reset brain so now his arms messsed up from reaching under hood of van to do vaccum lines. Had to get engine hot since he un plugged batter and trying to get modulator reset.
Not sure what to do anymore.
Anyway thinking of buying a newer van or truck.

I want to thank everybody for the birthday wishes.
Had a wonderful week end doing nothing.
Except eating, sleeping.
So tomorrow will be back to the grind.
By the way me doing nothing is really hard.
Working on Baby Reign's Christmas blanket.
Working on my tenth colored strip.
Then will start the repeat.
White,mint,white,baby blue, white,peach,white,teal,white,yellow,white,spring green, white, orange,white,purple, white, pink.
It looks good so far.
Sipping second pot of coffee.
Strawberry has been walked.
She's sleeping on her blanket, pillow on her chair.

MoBook we quit doing B-days 25 yr ago,but I hope all your days are as happy as can be.

And how do you block it when you have not typed in anything, just thought about it, and the ads show up? Nothing was spoken, nothing was researched, nothing done, just a thought.

I know this sounds crazy, because it is. Surely I must have said something, done something, or something. NO!
That part I have no clue and absolutely agree- totally creepy!

I'll drive 😇 Of course you might want to be wearing football gear and strapped up with fall hazard gear - oh, and maybe check the status of your life insurance policy 😂 I like cruising on tractors - way cooler than any sports car. If only fields weren't so bumpy, I could go even faster 😂

For the first time since last winter I got a little chill in the shower this morning. And its not below 70 yet.:huh:
I haven't had a hair cut in more than a year, and I typically get my hair cut every 2 months. So my hair is long now. I rarely use a hair dryer. I usually let my hair air dry, which in arid Colorado is not a problem. When it is cold out and I have to go out, I work around needing to go out and having wet hair. I wouldn't go out now with wet hair, at 16 degrees, unless I had to.

Last edited:
I'll drive 😇 Of course you might want to be wearing football gear and strapped up with fall hazard gear - oh, and maybe check the status of your life insurance policy 😂 I like cruising on tractors - way cooler than any sports car. If only fields weren't so bumpy, I could go even faster 😂

No thanks! I have that kind of driving now. Once dad got about 82 he became a menace. He'd rake me out of the bucket by driving into limbs. Or he'd decide to adjust the height or angle of the bucket with the hydraulics to help me - while I had the chainsaw wide open cutting through a limb!!!!

Last time I got in the bucket with him driving... I was cutting a big limb, over a foot in diameter, out of an old oak tree... when his foot slipped off the clutch. Me, the limb and the running saw ended up on the ground. WHY was it it gear?????? Thankfully the limb, not the saw, broke my fall.

So, I respectfully decline. :rolleyes:

Haven't had my hair cut in over a year either Weedy. Sounds like we have the same drip dry ritual. Hmm. And no makeup. I think I'm old. We're having cold weather here, too. Snow should be coming tonight. I'm going to venture out to the big outbuilding that has a million boxes in it still. Husband wants me to find a specific pair of pj pants that he likes.

Well, I am only one day older every day. I don't think about my age most of the time. When I go to do something out of the ordinary I might be forced to remember but I can usually make fun out of it or of myself and get it done.

Are yall still thinking of moving? I know lately work here is getting a little hard for us and we don't have near the things to do ,

We are still looking.
Nothing is coming on the market that interests us yet.

A couple places did , but had a contract on them before sundown.

We're in no big hurry...just waiting for the right place , and for the election to be over.

We're all set for winter anyway.

Jim

Latest posts

Back