What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew a fella when I was in HS that was shot while wearing an orange vest standing at a trough watering his horse. And another I didn’t know riding, wearing orange, they shot his horse out from under him. Stupid morons don’t know the difference between an elk and a horse and will shoot at sound. 🤬
Sorry will get off my soapbox.

We had a mule shot when I was a kid. The guy was trying to load him into his truck to take to the taxidermist when he was caught.

I can't shut my brain down at night so I take 5mg every evening at 7:30 by 9:30 if I'm not in bed I'm asleep in my chair.

I am taking a magnesium, a 10 mg melatonin, a 10 mg zyrtec, and a 22.5 mg restoril. At this time, I am getting almost 6 to sometimes 8 or 8.5 hours sleep. First time since I started losing weight.

Ben, the room looks great! I bet you'll be very happy when it's completed. I love seeing the photos.

Snappy, mashed potato flakes sounds like a good idea. I'll have to get some at the store next time.

Terri, that is awful! Too bad the penalty for things like that was lower back then. Glad the guy got caught at least.

Hot water in our shower at home is still not working so I'll be going over to my friend's house to shower tomorrow. We paid for the whole shower (down to the pex piping and fittings) and paid most of his bills the past few months to help him out so he always lets us use the shower over there anytime we want. I'm also going to take his ex to get her stuff from her boyfriend's house and I'll store the stuff in my workshop. I bought a lot of the stuff for her so I hate to see it get thrown away.

Snappy, you are so good about bringing food to people. It's not seen socially alot, and I love that. We do that where I live, too.
I think we're going to the Amish place for breakfast, if husband gets in the shower soon. I have an appointment to get my driver license late morning. And I have our certified marriage license in hand. Maybe the second time is a charm. They make appts for one person at a time, last one took us 2 months to get, and then I didn't have proof why my birth name is different than my current name, so they gave me another appt two months out. Crazy. I have a fed id from New Mexico, and they didn't ask for that but that was NM. And they give stuff to anybody.
Supposed to be sunny this afternoon, so if it is, I'll be sure and be outside doing some yard cleanup. After having covid, I'm an avid sun seeker. If it's out, then so am I.

If you want the "new" I'd with a star you have to have all that. You can still get a non star one without any of that.

Last edited:
My order at Target was ready as soon as they opened this morning. I got the girls dressed and in the car. I had to run in for my order rather than wait in the car because Roo put holes in the knees of her new-ish jeans and I had to exchange them. Mamas and grandmamas Target has a one year warranty on their Cat & Jack clothes. Rips and holes covered! I have used the warranty 3 times since the end of summer. Got my order put away and Roo back in her books.

Good luck to Jim and the wife and hope you have a good day.

Talking to daughter on phone about old times and how different it was for some of us. She is trying to get her son up.
How we got told ONE time to do something before the stripes started ading up. Being sent out to draw water first thing in morning, better nothit sides of well and get sand i nbucket.
Diffinition of getting the 'mortal hell' you were about to get beat out of you.
We had air in water lines but he thinks its out now after draining well tank letting air out but this time its different than before so guess we'll see.

Went to our tax appt this morning in the bigger town, then went to the amish bulk store near there. They also have a deli, so we had some sandwiches made and ate at a table. Roast beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and thousand island dressing...mmmm. Bought some bulk items to store, and back home again. Having a coffee, then taking off to visit my favorite cousin.

Got a pot of navy beans and ham going in crockpot.
Strawberry has been walked.
Have drank a pot of coffee.
Think i am going to try to cut back on pots of coffee, because of heartburn.
My left arm, clear down to fingers are numb.
Wind is cold today.
Under wind advisory again.
Tired today.
Strawberry is sleeping on my lap right now.
Roku is wonderful, I forget who said they had one now.
Watching Ancient Civilizations of North America.
Pretty good so far.
Got migraine on left side of my head.
Received a blood pressure machine yesterday from the VA.
Supposed to check it at least 3 times a day for a couple weeks.
I don't know why, have no clue what the numbers mean.
Crocheting some towels that are needed for kitchen.
Laundry is done.

Last edited:
Wind is cold today.
Tired today.
Watching Ancient People of North American.
Pretty good so far.
Laundry is done.

Hope it is nothing serious MoBook, and you feel better quick. :)

Wind is cold today.
Tired today.
Watching Ancient People of North American.
Pretty good so far.
Laundry is done.

Hope its nothing serious MoBook, keep watch on the BP.

The ham is put away.

The pineapple is still in the oven. It takes a long time.

I walked and so did the dogs.

I even made up a calendar from photos I took in the last year, through Shutterfly. Every once in a while, they offer one for free-just pay shipping. That is when I get them done!

I'm going to work on fixing the old shop of mine a tree fell on yesterday. I think I can salvage it but one of the main stringers got nocked off a post and I think it will all collapse if I don't fix it before it snows next.

Tonight we made a menu for the next two weeks, then we made the grocery list. I was very pleased that the list is very short, because our "store" is 100%+ we only need to replace what we are using and now that the indoor garden is working there is something new that we don't need each week. I may go grocery shopping tomorrow morning before I go to the Dentist for follow up on the surgery I had before Christmas.

Spent most of the day building/filling movie shelves. Still have another the same size to build.
0114211643-1.jpg

Wind is cold today.
Tired today.
Watching Ancient Civilizations of North America.
Pretty good so far.
Laundry is done.

Beans and ham sounds good, with cornbread:)

Your left arm being numb sounds scary, are you sure you are ok? That would freak me out! I get migraines also, but mine cause vision problems and are just in the front of my head. Hope you feel better

Did a major shopping trip today, drove hour an a half to Aldi and Walmart in the nearest bigger city. They have more stuff, and I like Aldi.
I think I am starting to like the self check out at Walmart after all. It's better than standing in line, and I am better and faster at it ( after a few times) than most of the cashiers they have there.

@MoBookworm1957 ,
Are you gonna make cornbread to go with those beans and ham ?

Seen surgeon.
He said home x-ray wasn't readable.

So she went downstairs at hospital imaging , got a good x-ray , we should hear results tomorrow.
Already got a MRI scheduled.

We did get to go to lunch, Texas Roadhouse ...very good.

Jim
Yes, Jim.
Made cornbread muffins, with air fried potatoes.
Sauteed mushrooms,diced peppers(red,green,yellow,and orange), diced onions too.

Beans and Ham....YUMMY Hope you get feelin better Mo
Jim Hope the xrays today show what needs to be seen. Prayers for you both
Airendel hate to hear about the tree falling. IIRC you live up north, big snow load wouldn't be good for the building. Lots of weight
Terri you would laugh if you saw our collection. We may have 10-12 at most. LOL. We don't watch a lot of TV.

I took a vacation day to take care of some errands, and cause I had an eye problem.....I couldn't see myself going to work today! I know I know that was bad.
I did pick up some nice and free lattuce panels to complete our front porch. Stopped by a couple of fun stores and looked at not much of anything. Did find some 9mm reman's. Then went by Co-Op and got 15 gallons of Deisel to replenish my stock, also got some various early season seeds that had just been put out fresh, and a new chain for one of my chain saws. Can't ever have too many of those on hand. Then stopped by a gas station and filled by new cans and the truck with 100%. Funny thing price at that store is 2.39 for 100%, 2.25 for ethanol. I'll take it. Got home and picked up the mail, my order from Seed Savers Exchange arrived. I am down to one order left to show up now. I just gotta keep my eyes open for tater slips to show up. Don't want to miss out this year. Last year I bought the last 5 lbs they had and they didn't look much.

Latest posts

Back