What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to work, all the union guys were glad to have the strike talk outta the way. Now to catch up for a months worth of lost time.

Stopped by TSC on the way home, picked up Fire Ant bait, some paint, primer, thinner, and brushes. Got home and plowed the small space left beside the raised beds and ran the disc thru it. Gettin ready to plant okra, cukes, & peppers.

I sold my tractor. I never really needed it and I didn't use it much so it's not a difficult decision. I got almost what I paid for it and I have a rotary mower and tiller to sell so I may not lose too much money.
I'm going to buy a used lawn tractor to mow the pasture and pull my yard implements like my trailer, broadcast spreader, thatcher, and a new weed sprayer.

Went to get a couple more things at grocery store (stuff I didn't realize we were out of) and pick up RX for mom. Unfortunately after 1hr 40min (and waiting in line 3 separate times) the RX wasn't ready. I had cold stuff and needed to get to the post office befoer it closed so I told the clerk if it wasn't ready on round 3 I had to leave. She apologized but I said I couldn't wait all day & had places to go & would have to come back another day. RX was supposed to be filled last week but for some reason they didn't fill it. My 1st time in line she told me it would be 30 to 45 min before it was ready. 2nd time was after 50min. Last time I was fed up. I had to grab a Borden's chocolate milk to break out of my cranky mood.
Made it to post office just before closing (fortunately just in time) to get a package.

The heat got to me I didn't get anything else done.

Back to work, all the union guys were glad to have the strike talk outta the way. Now to catch up for a months worth of lost time.

Stopped by TSC on the way home, picked up Fire Ant bait, some paint, primer, thinner, and brushes. Got home and plowed the small space left beside the raised beds and ran the disc thru it. Gettin ready to plant okra, cukes, & peppers.

Just saw this one BacP, sounds like you've been very busy this past month.

Ugh, every time we get some wind, I have another tree to cut up. At least I can toss it on my trailer and get rid of it. Our town has a place you can dump it for free and they grind it and give away the mulch.

Today is walking first.
Laundry and dust house.
Call insurance lady and banker in UT.
File Small Estate Affadavit and get our medical POA and Wills notarized.
Vote in City Primary Election.
Make Caramel Apple Crumble for 2 friends who have lost relatives recently.
That's enough for me!

Hope you don't have to split it...uugghh.

Jim

No splitting (for me)!

Neighbor heats their house with wood. Wood was too good to let rot. Neighbor said his fire box is 24" deep so I cut up the trees in 22" lengths. Stacked waiting for him to bring his Bobcat over.

Elm Bark Beetle bores under the Elm tree's bark, eventually killing the tree.

Wood stack.JPG

Walked this morning.
Will walk again in a hour or so.
Still tired from having grand daughter.
Dishes are done, and put away.
Just have to dust furniture and floors.
Trash is out as today is trash day.
Maybe?
One load of perament press washed, dried, hung up and put away.
1 load of whites washed dried and put away.
Still got 1 small load of jeans to do.
Will start that in a few.
Crocheting,knitting by machine, working on Christmas.
Hope to have everything made, wrapped before my birthday in October.
Only have 3 little girl sweaters, 3 shawls made with fingerling yarn,4 queen size quilts,4 twin size quilts.
Not much, already got most of the started just need to sash,the tops of twin size quilts,batten,back them.
Then wrap and label.
Going to be starting window box herb garden for inside the house.
Something has pretty much killed my standing wash tub herb garden.
Saw the Primary Care Doctor, Diabetic Doctor and Diet Doctor yesterday.
My AIC normally run about 76.
Some reason or another before surgery it spiked to over 250.
Alarm bells going off everywhere.
Did new blood work yesterday all 22 tubes.
Took several hours to get all that blood.
Did a fasting for the blood work.
Will know the results by Friday.
Diet Doctor said to add fat back into my diet.
Go figure I eat "too lean" .
Blood pressure was good, chlorestrol was good, Iron count had dropped again.
She suggested I eat 1500 calories instead of 2000 daily.
That's all I know besides my arm is sore.

No splitting (for me)!

Neighbor heats their house with wood. Wood was too good to let rot. Neighbor said his fire box is 24" deep so I cut up the trees in 22" lengths. Stacked waiting for him to bring his Bobcat over.

Elm Bark Beetle bores under the Elm tree's bark, eventually killing the tree.

View attachment 62998
I cut an Elm tree once.
Only once.
Couldn't split it even with log splitter. It's like hairy spaghetti.

Jim

Not much today.

Wife wants me to call the finance company, that the dealer put us with ,today. Y'all know we bought a new car in December. Well, wife pays double payments .we don't like paying interest.
Now the stupid finance company will not send us a bill each month , or give us a coupon book , they skip billing because we paid double.. interest rate is only 2%apr , but they want to stretch it out. Nope that ain't gonna fly . So I gotta give them how it's gonna work or we go elsewhere.

Grandson coming after school to work outside a little while.

That's about it for today ,as I'll be resting my sore back.

Hope y'all have a safe productive day.

Jim

Not much today.

Wife wants me to call the finance company, that the dealer put us with ,today. Y'all know we bought a new car in December. Well, wife pays double payments .we don't like paying interest.
Now the stupid finance company will not send us a bill each month , or give us a coupon book , they skip billing because we paid double.. interest rate is only 2%apr , but they want to stretch it out. Nope that ain't gonna fly . So I gotta give them how it's gonna work or we go elsewhere.

Jim
Several years ago I purchased a new washer and dryer at Sears. They told me if I opened an account, I could get a discount. I think it was a 10% discount, so it was worth it, or at least I thought it was. So I did, I opened an account, charged the washer and dryer and within a month, I paid it off and tried to close the account. I called the company and they said the account was in my daughter's name and that I could not close it! Well, I gave them a piece of my mind, and they closed it!

Wife has called them twice. They have lied both times that a bill was sent, after earlier telling her they don't send a bill because we paid for that month.
I'm pretty sure we're gonna pay them off and just send the payment to ourselves.

Only credit we have, on purpose. Just in case we need it.
Our credit score is 835.

Jim

Wife has called them twice. They have lied both times that a bill was sent, after earlier telling her they don't send a bill because we paid for that month.
I'm pretty sure we're gonna pay them off and just send the payment to ourselves.

Our credit score is 835.

Jim
Isn't 835 a perfect score?

One time a rep at my credit union told me my credit score was in the 800's (I don't remember what it was) and that it is very rare for them to see credit scores that high. I do know that my credit score has not always been that high and not all of that was my doing.

My uncle recently me he doesn't have a credit score because he doesn't use credit. I really don't understand that. Actually, he said his score is zero.

Not much today.

Now the stupid finance company will not send us a bill each month , or give us a coupon book , they skip billing because we paid double.. interest rate is only 2%apr , but they want to stretch it out. Nope that ain't gonna fly ...

Jim

Some finance companies do NOT permit early payoff.

If you shop at Kroger, you can buy a gift card for big items & the points gose on you kroger gas discount. When we buy big items from lowes, homedepot,olivegarden,belk, academy, DW always reminds me to get a gift card from kroger. This may work at other stores, I do not know.

Not much today.

Jim

I think I may have been watching too much Ayn Rand lately.
Interest is how they make their money without interest there wouldn't be any monry to loan.:dunno:. Don't we all look for the banks or bonds who pay the most interest on our money?
Just something to think about.

Our credit score is 835.

Jim

Everyone isn't as responsible as you two are though Jim. If they only loaned to people like yall they would be out of business first year.:)

Called another Finance company after getting the run around from ours.
They told me with a credit score like ours we are wasting our time looking.
Their lowest rate is 24% up to 36%. They've never seen an 835 score.

Did find out I can send a check in for any amount, with the acct # and they gotta apply it to my account.

Jim

Called another Finance company after getting the run around from ours.
They told me with a credit score like ours we are wasting our time looking.
Their lowest rate is 24% up to 36%. They've never seen an 835 score.

Did find out I can send a check in for any amount, with the acct # and they gotta apply it to my account.

Jim

Good for yall glad it worked out for you. Just another lifes lesson.

Some finance companies do NOT permit early payoff.
I believe it's been illegal for some time now not to permit early payoff of loans.

Our credit score is 835.

Jim
835 is perfect :)
I think mine was 820 last time I checked. We did like you and put the car on payments, but I couldn't handle it - paid it off in short order.

Hubby likes to tell youngin's - the people loaning money are the ones making it.

Got my J&J vaccine today. The clinic was "First Come, First Served", so Mrs. Sparky and I headed out super early (clinic's 26 miles away).

We get there and are 3rd in line when the UPS truck shows up with the case. :)

We get signed in and the lady says "You came all the way from there? The (15 mile closer) clinic has the J&J one too."

Wife says they didn't show it online and the lady said that clinic only posts availability in the morning... :confused:

Hard to say if my tiredness is from the vaccine or the fact that I got all of 4 hours of crappy sleep last night.
Regardless, I'm blaming it on the vaccine... 😴

All of the outlets in the 2 bedrooms have been wired. I will be installing outlets in the great room and wiring light switches tomorrow.

I walked around the garden when I returned home. Looks like the fig tree survived the freeze last week. One potatoes was spotted coming up. A new blackberry bush came up. Must have come from fallen fruit.

Will Be enjoying the rest of the day enjoying the breeze with windows open.

Ben

We've had heavy winds all day. It even knocked over my giant metal rooster that's by the windmill in the front yard, and he had big ol rocks on his feet.
Electricians came and took down the bathroom vanity lights that they installed as outside porch lights. The put them in the new bathroom and put the porchlights up. Then they fixed a light switch that was put in crooked, and I didn't like looking at it that way. The gutter guys came and did our older gutters with covers, and the put new gutters on the add on. Surprised they worked in the heavy winds. Went to visit my cousin, and did a bunch of cooking today. Granddaughter is at a track meet an hour an a half away. She'll be home late.

today i went down to the basement, aka The Pit. i dont go down much but made a decision to start getting things organized as best i can and start weeding out stuff to donate or to toss. the way things are going these days, who knows, i might need to live down there for awhile.....

We did make sure that wouldn't be a problem at time of purchase.
They did take our first and only payment of $5000.

But we can't get them to send another bill.

Jim
Perhaps its computer programing related? Bill is only sent IF there is an amount due? Have to find someone up the food chain that has the authority and knowledge on which box to check.

Latest posts

Back