What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My oldest son bought a new to him Ford Flex 2019 with 19000 miles.
So he won't be borrowing my car anymore.
Been cleaning stuff out, getting rid of stuff I haven't unpacked since I moved into this apartment complex 3 years ago.
So far I have emptied 5-18 gallon totes of stuff.
Got to going thru stuff,several of them weren't even mine.
They were my sons.
They were told to come and get them.
Working on Christmas gifts for Veterans.
Cleaning house today.
Dishes
Will do laundry tomorrow.
Sipping coffee right now.
Resting.

Tossing a few things in a bag, have an eye appnt in the big city.

I got my laptop running good today, finished up tweeks and loaded on a few necessary files. Its ready for a hotel stay, not a single file that contains anything personal...

Today we went up the mountain and stopped at some former neighbors and filled water jugs. Then we stopped at a little farther away neighbor's and picked up the future mouse slaying machine.
IMG_3781.jpg

My mom asked what we named her - nothing yet, but have been calling her Killer and Terminator just to be encouraging 😁 I think my mom is really a 6 year old in disguise. She said since she's so pretty we should name her Cinderella:rolleyes:

Lugoff, South Carolina annual rain Falls only 42 on average, that is less than 4 inches a month & some years we very little in late summer & fall, then more in winter. Still 6-11 inches in a 12-24 hour time frame is really bad, even if you have a holding pond.
I have read that in Texas you get a tax break if you have run off holding ponds for farm/ranch animals & wild life, these ponds can be large strips ponds made by heavy equipment, just for holding water year around, but I never been to Texas. :LOL:

Only 42"? We're lucky to get 10.

Today we went up the mountain and stopped at some former neighbors and filled water jugs. Then we stopped at a little farther away neighbor's and picked up the future mouse slaying machine.
View attachment 69713
My mom asked what we named her - nothing yet, but have been calling her Killer and Terminator just to be encouraging 😁 I think my mom is really a 6 year old in disguise. She said since she's so pretty we should name her Cinderella:rolleyes:

My sister just got a cat and named her Cruella. Ella for short.

I'm home from Tennessee.
I now have my personal belongings.
It went as well as can be expected.
At least no one got shot(and I am an expert shot), no warning shots were fired.
One person did end up in "Pokey"(jail).
Did my heart good to slap cuffs on that l****, Coke(not drink)B******.
She facing 15 years to life.
And you can bet your sweet A** I will be at every probation hearing.
But hey I'm not bitter, just relieved it's all over finally.
On good note........
We found Dad an apartment.
Movers come this Monday.
Dad's house sold in less than 5 days-no signs in the yard.
Realtor and Zillow.com
New owners will be moving in on Friday.
Sipping coffee, reading forums, relaxing.
Glad you got your stuff. It seems some people can't live life without drama.

I can't keep a cat long enough to name it, seems like the coyotes like them pretty well.
We have so many mice and voles! It's the best option assuming she does her job. We have fox and hawks here so she's staying in the summer kitchen for a while. Hoping we can keep her around.
I hear they taste like chicken.o_O
Not true - tastes more like rabbit. 😁

I think owls get most of the young cats around here. What ever it is has gotten past the dogs and leaves no trail. The dogs don't allow coyotes or any critters close to the house so it just leaves the air.

Hawks and owls are both issues here. Our cat moves from cover to cover. From jeep to truck to chair to table.... We know when larger predators are in the area because she stays in or near the house or sticks with the dogs.

Text the ex this morning with a list of what the boys need to pack for vacation starting Wednesday. She say OK and all is good. Half hour later she calls and says her dad passed away during the night Sorry, condolences. and just like him to mess up my plans again. I swear, over the last 25+ years if I planned something he found a way to mess up the plans or to tell me I was wrong and stupid. Planned a vacation with my boys and now that everything is paid it can't happen.
I know, I am selfish and unthoughtful and a POS. Non-refundable vacation and my boys probably can't go. I am heartless, except for my hope of spending a long weekend with my boys. Oh well, maybe next year. I could type much more but it wont help. So much for this years summer vacation.

Text the ex this morning with a list of what the boys need to pack for vacation starting Wednesday. She say OK and all is good. Half hour later she calls and says her dad passed away during the night Sorry, condolences. and just like him to mess up my plans again. I swear, over the last 25+ years if I planned something he found a way to mess up the plans or to tell me I was wrong and stupid. Planned a vacation with my boys and now that everything is paid it can't happen.
I know, I am selfish and unthoughtful and a POS. Non-refundable vacation and my boys probably can't go. I am heartless, except for my hope of spending a long weekend with my boys. Oh well, maybe next year. I could type much more but it wont help. So much for this years summer vacation.
I understand. I have two kids who have not spoken to me in years because of lies their mother told. She cheated on me,told the kids that I cheated on her. Told them I did not pay child support, I paid every dime. And so on.

Bailey has lost control of her bladder. It has been ongoing for a while but we thought it was about territory with the other cats or the dogs. The past week I have been cleaning pee every morning from soft surfaces or the floor outside the boxes. She seems to make it to the box to poop. I think we need to let her go. She doesn't like being pet anymore except when we feed her. She eats but she hides 23 hours a day. She has gotten antisocial more than I am. I have to find a vet that will put her down without wanting to do a hundred tests and cost us tons of money. It is sad but she is 15. She is my baby.

I have been working in the school room to get it cleaned. I have most of it done except the work table. I have everything on the table so I could clean the floor. It is stuff that doesn't belong in the school room so I will have to find a new place for it.

Buttered a second cutting board and the last three spoons. Yes, I have 4 cutting boards. 3 are wood (2 heavy butcher block type) and one is vinyl. The vinyl is for raw meat since it can be soaked in bleach if needed. They are all a standard 12"x18". I have been looking at a round 18" one for pizza but I might hold off on that one for now. I am planning on getting the 20" pizza knife. The pizza cutter we have now is not that good and I end up using a carving knife to cut pizza.

I have been looking for a new puppy. K doesn't know but with Winter turning 9 this fall I am concerned she may take a turn in her health and leave her sister all alone. Summer would not do well as an only dog so I was thinking of a shepherd mix puppy to be Roo's new support dog and Summer's companion. There is a breeder locally that has pure German Shepherd puppies and a second that has Shepherd Corgi mixed puppies. Corgis have that great herding instinct and shepherds do too along with the protectiveness. Plus with the corgi mix I can tell our home insurance it is a corgi and not get the rate hike for a shepherd. ;)

Hate to hear about your cat Grimm. We just had to put our 13yo golden retriever down last month. Hard thing to deal with

I have been worried about her for a few weeks. The last cat we lost went in her sleep in her bed 2+ years ago. She stopped eating but had accidents and was stiff. She was the same age as Bailey (born the same year). Dori was Bailey's doppelgänger. This is what happens when all your pets are the same age or age range.

She is driving K nuts with the puddles around the house but I am the one cleaning them up. She has been sleeping on the dogs' bed when they come upstairs with me and she has been wetting the bed in her sleep. I am just glad we made the switch to a high end crib mattress for the dogs with crib sheets as covers and waterproof pads from when the girls were babies. It makes cleaning the bed easy. I was thinking of getting a second for Winter since she seems to want to sleep on the bedroom floor. I think she is stiff in the joints (even with the stairs up to the bed and the joint supplements).

The power just came back on. It went off around 5pm last night. Apparently lightening hit a substation so everything was being rerouted to another substation annnnd then it was hit by lightening.

Now we have solar and a back up battery but we've had trouble with the inverter that the company keeps coming out to "fix" so guess when it decided to die.....

3 loads of laundry washed, dried, folded or hung up and put away.
Dishes are done.
Still need to bleach floors, there is something sticky,clear on them.
If I were venture a guess I would guess Pineapple popisicles.
Resting now.
Harvested two good size cucumbers the grand daughter missed.
Got the sliced, onions, thinly sliced peppers all out of garden sliced up for salad.
Walked a mile today helping Dad.
He's wore slick.

Last edited:
View attachment 69713
Think we've settled on Lioness (Ness or Nessy). She has a little squeak of a voice so I was telling Hubby she's a lioness, hear her roar 😂

Today I returned my son's place to figure out with his electrical wiring. After a lot or inspecting outlet boxes looking for bad connections and a crawl under the crawl space, we found a lack of continuity in the hot wire between 2 adjascent outlets while the neutral wire was ok.

My son will get by with a few extension cords to run the pool pump and AC until Saturday when I will join him to run a new line and replace the funky outlets the place was built with.

Tomorrow I will return to the remodeling place to install outlets over the kitchen counter.

Ben

Latest posts

Back