What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was out and about most all day.
Stopped and looked at a Lexus RX350. Too small.

Stopped and bought some good prime meat at Off the Hoof wholesale meat market.

When we were leaving Ace's Pizza place they were cleaning up the buffet. I ask the owner what they were gonna do with all that leftover pizza...he said they would eat some and take some to fire dept.
I said I'd buy some ...he said you can have it all for $15, OK...4 pizzas mostly loaded.
Dropped off the pizzas to my daughter and grandkids for SUPPER.
She was still at work , at court house. Sheriff smelled out the pizza....he loved it :D.

Tired.

Jim

We've lived in our house for 25 years. Have yet to have our first trick or treater.
I had a eye Dr appt this morning and everything was good. Other than having to deal with my eyes diailated all day and having to work. Kept the shades drawn and lights out, other than the puter screen all day. Been fighting a head ache since about 9, but it's better now. Gone by morning as usual.

More work, then to Mom’s to winterize her garden hoses and bibs, then home for some more work on the Kelly Perfect double bit. Nicks mostly filed out but need to clean up the grind lines and sharpen.
E09F85A4-3B52-4A05-9D6D-17AC365D603D.jpeg

Only in small town America! that is great.

This is silly buuuut. . .
The other evening I realized how much my drive home from work is like a fairytale.
Turn right by Bunchgrass, go past the Dragon, past Swallow Hill, turn left when you see the Sheep in the Meadow, turn left again when you reach the big red barn and we are in the little green cottage on the right.
And yes a dragon
image.jpeg

This is silly buuuut. . .
The other evening I realized how much my drive home from work is like a fairytale.
Turn right by Bunchgrass, go past the Dragon, past Swallow Hill, turn left when you see the Sheep in the Meadow, turn left again when you reach the big red barn and we are in the little green cottage on the right.
And yes a dragon
View attachment 28328
That reminds me of the big catapilar jungle gym thing in the playgrounds from when I was a kid.

Attended friend's funeral/wake this morning and everyone was so upbeat talking of the happy times they had spent with her and a few tears shed.

Went and picked up our online grocery order and some more weekly 50% off specials for this week. Then to another supermarket and picked up some fruit and discounted bread rolls. To the transport dept and put in a form for DH to get a disability parking permit. Back home and put all the cold foods and fruit away and still yet to pack the rest away that we will do tomorrow.

This afternoon went to the RSL club and had a few soft drinks. The President was elated we had been there and given the club a good spring clean and said it looked a lot better. While there DH picked up last months dockets and any bills that needed paying. We had a big lunch so we saw that as dinner and had a sneaky bit of chocolate for dessert.

Got the wife's Christmas present today ...I know she will love it...she mostly picked it out...

Then I got to car shop for a while ...then nice supper.

Heading to TN tomorrow for wife's brothers 50th anniversary celebration. :rolleyes:
Be staying over in motel , will take back roads coming home on Sunday.

Jim

That's not the best thing you could be doing right after that procedure.

At least stop and walk around every hr to hr and a half.
Avoid blot clots.

Jim
That’s the plan, I figure a rest stop and stretch every hour. Eight hours driving time tomorrow the eight back on Tuesday. Not my preferred timing but some times options are limited.

I won't be falling asleep for awhile. Grandson out doing marching band at the football game. Door unlocked, porchlight on for him. We go to bed. Our porch camera picks up movement, husband glances at his phone and it's not our grandson. It's a creepy guy. He's takes something out of his pocket, puts in on our bench, looks in windows, rings the doorbell and says, "please help me". Doesn't look like he needs help. Walks around for a while, looks for the metal thing he plopped on our bench...I sneak out and lock the front door. Called 911, took them 5 minutes. Scared to death that grandson was going to be dumped off and bump into him. So we have him on camera, police found a motorbike dumped nearby, drugs in the pouch of it. Police just called and asked to get a copy of the footage. Checking our widow neighbor lady. Grandson home safely.

Got 6 hours sleep last night. Hubby gave me whatever he brought home from work(hospital) last week.
Coughing and now the throat is irritated so I'm up at 3 am drinking lemon tea and honey
I'll take some mucinex here directly and hopefully I'll be able to cough up some phlem(yuk) and I'll get the vapor rub out and use it too
I sound like Dorothy from the Golden Girls lol
I can see some napping in my future today

Bit of a mixed job day today where we broke up all the unneeded cardboard packaging boxes in the food storage room and packed all of the bottled water in 10 lt jerries onto the bottom shelf of the storage units. The boxes are in the bin now and I swept the food storage room to get rid of the cardboard bits everywhere and a bit of dust and DH wiped down the food storage tubs to get the dust off them. He then fixed up the tap in the yard next door where he ruptured the elbow and turned the mains water back on and it doesn't leak and he will fill in the hole tomorrow.

Then onto packing away the groceries from yesterday where I filled up the sugar and rolled oats containers and cut open the newly purchased ones and put them in the buckets and redated them. We then marked the purchase dates on everything else and put them away in the food storage room after rotating and organising a bit. I then finished off last months finances in my 12 money column ledger and started the new month off and paid the property water bill and transferred money for other bills paid into the normal working account. I didn't do it a few days ago as we would have lost interest so as we have a few more bills coming out of that account this month too we will only loose one months bonus interest.

Into the garden we went to the back of the property where DH had been cutting firewood from fallen ironbark tree branches and we loaded up 2 x 75 lt wheelbarrows and stacked the firewood and kindling in the lean-to firewood shed. Still have a couple of wheelbarrows to go and DH has more branches to cut up down there. Good news is the cactus he poisoned are dying a wonderful death so we will have to pick up the spiky pads with the garden fork and put them in the bin too later.

I then deep cleaned the bathrooms and toilet for the week. Tonight's dinner is rump steak and packaged bacon pasta and sauce from our stockpile and dessert maybe a little dark chocolate.

Latest posts

Back