What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Called daughter' she didn't answer' so guess she had enough advice yesterday. :oops:
I told her to tie those kids down :D and take a picture of them and put it in my Imgur . Funny how us mothers like giving advice but don't want any.

Today I may mop the floors, if sun ever comes back out will also steam clean inside my van. Hubby and I gave ourside and interia good cleaning yesterday. Changed bed reararonged potty , hope to put table and chairs in it. I learned to tie potty down 25 years ago when it flew from back to front and hit me in back of the head when old lady pulled out in front of us.:ghostly:Thank goodness it didn't leak but it almost knocked me out! Insurence co. tried to deny claim,sai I was cruising the turning land, I went to scene of accident took pics of construction debre in turning land and the crooks fixed my van.Always take pictures of accident scene.:cop:

I already sugggested that LazyL,Spike didn't like the idea,he likes being footloose and fancy free I guess.:lil guy:
Not sure about the footloose and fancy free part, but my experience is that marriage is all stress and work and hassle, but there's no positives that make it worth it. I'm not saying that there's no woman out there that could change my mind, but I've developed a real low tolerance for certain things, so I pretty much got out of the game. Maybe in a few years when my daughter is out of school, I'll have the time and energy to consider it again. For now...eh. I don't feel like I'm missing much...

I got up and put together some chicken stew in the slow cooker. Then we played a board game before watching our church on the television. After church we had some roasted Chicago style hot dogs on a plate, watched a movie, and did a quick kitchen clean up. Now the kids are back to playing games as the Mrs. and I watch some television. We are and will continue to be determined to be as laid back and lazy today as possible.

Just saw this whilst browsing the internet...:D
I gotta apologize in advance to all the fine Californians here, but this is funny, and since the humor thread is down, this is as good a place as any...
Screenshot_20191229-154649.jpg

Just saw this whilst browsing the internet...:D
I gotta apologize in advance to all the fine Californians here, but this is funny, and since the humor thread is down, this is as good a place as any...
View attachment 32088

That pic is in the Political Humor thread already, which is fully operational. As is the non-political Jokes & Humor thread.

https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/political-funnies-and-pics.545/

https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/jokes-and-humor.4921/

Is there an option for me to self delete the post? I didn't catch that all the humor threads were merged in other places before.

I can delete it, but then none of this would make sense anymore. :) So we will just leave it for posterity. Plus it's funny!

Nice pix. @Dadio I saw some checker boards similar to the cutting boards you made - price tag of $100 (just a thought.)

Hey @Spikedriver I was in an abusive marriage and had a pretty dim view of it myself. Met my now hubby who is complete opposite - a marriage is only as strong as it's weakest vow. You might surprise yourself one of these days ;-)

Nice pix. @Dadio I saw some checker boards similar to the cutting boards you made - price tag of $100 (just a thought.)

Hey @Spikedriver I was in an abusive marriage and had a pretty dim view of it myself. Met my now hubby who is complete opposite - a marriage is only as strong as it's weakest vow. You might surprise yourself one of these days ;-)

I have to agree with LL I was in a 3 year life of hell. But found a great lady and we've been married 35 years. As well as we get along, it is still work and we have our times on disagreeing on stuff. Sometimes louder than others. But we are committed to each other and thats that. We know we have each others back no matter what.

Got 4 more trays going in the dehydrator of homemade french fries.
! tray of apple slices.
Cleaned out the refrig and wiped it down.
Took out the trash.
Dusted the floors, picked up all the throw rugs put them away till after surgery.
Picked up toys from grand daughter's visit yesterday.
OS(oldest son) fixed my sewing machine.
Started on grand daughter's quilt for Christmas 2020.
Got about a third of it done.
Tomorrow's agenda is dishes, crochet on baby blanket, work on grand daughter's quilt top.
Might fix spaghetti salad to use up produce and it just sounds good.
Read on my book"Death by chocolate mousse.
Look over class text books, but won't start till mid January.

Saturday we went and bought our 2 air conditioners for the home and paid for installation. The air conditioners will be installed in the lounge room and bedroom. We then did a bit of shopping and purchased a marked down leg ham, a lamb leg roast, 3 x 1kg packets of bacon and some watermelon from one small supermarket. Then headed to another supermarket where we found a really cheap marked down whole chicken, chicken schnitzels and a packet of pizza stuffed chicken breasts. Got home and packed the roasts and schnitzels etc into the freezer and the ham and bacon went into the fridge to process.

Yesterday morning we went to the RSL club and helped to fix meals for the bingo that was on in the afternoon as there was also a television crew expected to arrive there in the afternoon to interview locals about how the drought it affecting our country village. After that we DH swept the club and I ran around and cleaned all the vanity mirrors and front and back glass sliding doors and swept the front and back inside door mats. DH then mopped the floors and while he was doing one section I cleaned up the food preparation areas.

Back home for a while, had showers and headed to the RSL club to play bingo of which I was still working on money I had won previously so didn't spend anything and DH handed out the winnings to all the game winners being the RSL club treasurer. We had a few soft drinks with our splurge money and I won $90 - $20 to play and came out ahead $70. Got home and neither of us felt like dinner as they had a sausage sizzle and nibblies during the session.

This morning so far we have packaged all the bacon and DH deboned the ham leg and cut it up and that is all now packaged and in the freezer and I disinfected and cleaned all the food preparing areas and sink . DH just vacuumed the whole home so that is now done until later in the week. I put all the rubbish out and DH scrubbed the kitchen bin out and I put in a new bin liner.

Last edited:
Round 2 of today is we went down to the back property boundary and picked up dead cacti pads and put them in the bin to be collected tomorrow and DH just cut up all the boxes for the 6 x 5 shelf storage shelf units to go in the recycling bin and that is now out also to be collected tomorrow. All of the storage shelves are now assembled and ready to have food and other prepping items put on them. We pick up the cacti pads as they sometimes reshoot and we are still doing work down the back cutting all the fallen branches from the ironbark trees for firewood down there and don't want to stand on spiky leaves.

Dinner tonight was ham and cheese wholemeal rolls with ice cream for dessert.

Back to work. After 5 days off I hope I can still find the place. I tried really hard to forget.

That will be me on the 2nd. This week I am burning 2 days of personal leave since the kids are out of school. My return to work will be the most Monday-like Thursdays in the history of Thursdays.

Discovered that JPEG format is been outdated with HEIC which most don't support. Figured out how to changed the "save to HEIC" default on my iPhone so future pictures can shared. More research on Al Bore's Internet on how to convert my existing HEIC pictures to JPEG, download a free program to do so. Then transferred the converted pictures to the Family shared Goggle Drive so all family can see, copied, downed or whatever.

We finished our last Christmas gathering at our house yesterday so I finished up the pots and pans this morning before dropping off the boy at Science camp where he’ll be til 4:00. The chickens are happy to have the leftovers! My project today is to plan out the next semester of a math class I teach at a homeschool co-op so I can get it all prepped out Thursday while the boy is at camp. Not a whole lot of fun but I’ll be glad later when I can just grab it and go.

Saturday we went and bought our 2 air conditioners for the home and paid for installation. The air conditioners will be installed in the lounge room and bedroom. We then did a bit of shopping and purchased a marked down leg ham, a lamb leg roast, 3 x 1kg packets of bacon and some watermelon from one small supermarket. Then headed to another supermarket where we found a really cheap marked down whole chicken, chicken schnitzels and a packet of pizza stuffed chicken breasts. Got home and packed the roasts and schnitzels etc into the freezer and the ham and bacon went into the fridge to process.

Yesterday morning we went to the RSL club and helped to fix meals for the bingo that was on in the afternoon as there was also a television crew expected to arrive there in the afternoon to interview locals about how the drought it affecting our country village. After that we DH swept the club and I ran around and cleaned all the vanity mirrors and front and back glass sliding doors and swept the front and back inside door mats. DH then mopped the floors and while he was doing one section I cleaned up the food preparation areas.

Back home for a while, had showers and headed to the RSL club to play bingo of which I was still working on money I had won previously so didn't spend anything and DH handed out the winnings to all the game winners being the RSL club treasurer. We had a few soft drinks with our splurge money and I won $90 - $20 to play and came out ahead $70. Got home and neither of us felt like dinner as they had a sausage sizzle and nibblies during the session.

This morning so far we have packaged all the bacon and DH deboned the ham leg and cut it up and that is all now packaged and in the freezer and I disinfected and cleaned all the food preparing areas and sink . DH just vacuumed the whole home so that is now done until later in the week. I put all the rubbish out and DH scrubbed the kitchen bin out and I put in a new bin liner.

I was thinking of you when radio said fires are really bad in Austrailia now and many having breating problems.. Glad to see your not affected.

I've still got my days and nights mixed up. I tried staying awake all night last night, with the idea I'd just have a little nap today and then sleep normally tonight. But I ended up not being able to make it all night and fell asleep in the wee hours, and slept right through the alarm clock at 7 AM too. So I lost most of the morning, and I'm still all mixed up. I have a bad feeling that my first day back to work is going to be a mess...gaah

I've still got my days and nights mixed up. I tried staying awake all night last night, with the idea I'd just have a little nap today and then sleep normally tonight. But I ended up not being able to make it all night and fell asleep in the wee hours, and slept right through the alarm clock at 7 AM too. So I lost most of the morning, and I'm still all mixed up. I have a bad feeling that my first day back to work is going to be a mess...gaah

Get up anyway or you'll never get them straightened out. Never nap longer than 45 minutes to an hour.

Get up anyway or you'll never get them straightened out. Never nap longer than 45 minutes to an hour.
This has been a problem for me, for years. I'm a night owl anyway, but in my mid 20s I worked graveyard for a couple years, and then 8 years of 3-11 shift. For some reason I have a hard time shifting back to regular days. My body wants to revert to that night pattern of falling asleep at 2 and getting up at 10 like I did on the 3-11 shift. Once I get back into getting up at 4:45 for work I'll be fine, but it takes a couple days...

This has been a problem for me, for years. I'm a night owl anyway, but in my mid 20s I worked graveyard for a couple years, and then 8 years of 3-11 shift. For some reason I have a hard time shifting back to regular days. My body wants to revert to that night pattern of falling asleep at 2 and getting up at 10 like I did on the 3-11 shift. Once I get back into getting up at 4:45 for work I'll be fine, but it takes a couple days...

Does make it hard for sure. About time you get use to one shift they put us on another one. Factoaries were the worst about this.

Chasing Strawberry, my little escape artist escaped today.
So I'm walking the neighborhood looking for my Strawberry.
Where was she when I got back home about froze.
With wind out of north, it was a breezey 21*.
But there was Strawberry sitting on my old fashion metal lawn chair waiting on me to show up.
So today I walked over 2900 steps, but whose counting, not me.
Was just happy to see Strawberry safe and sound.
Got my surgery information today.
They say I will be home in 2-3 days after surgery.
The back up dog sitter isn't in good health, so it's been decided he can't sit Strawberry.
So my oldest son will come over on his lunch time and after work to take care of Strawberry.
Otherwise she will be muzzled and in the kennel till I get home.
So ready for this to be over.
Excited about the surgery, but worried about my girl Strawberry.

Latest posts

Back