What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do every year lol I see no point in messing up my sleep for something like this ( I have enough sleep issues don't need more). Silly IMO
Just another day to me
It took me so long to get my sleep regulated after the time change, if I stayed up until midnight I'd probably be messed up until the next time change :LOL:

I currently have a house full of laughing women and children playing board games. I finished up the dishes and spent some time with a 2 year old boy who is now sleeping. Now I am just waiting for some peace and quiet, but at the rate things are going I will probably be ready for bed before that happens. Which is okay because these ladies are on their own as their husbands are overseas, so they deserve a night out to celebrate the end of 2019.

By the way my pork loins turned out perfectly if I do say so myself. Two 12lb pork loins that are super tender & moist but just firm enough to hold together on their own. Gonna be some good eating tomorrow for the Vets. And me too as I also threw in an extra pork loin to take to my parents.

The drive this afternoon to the new place. Sometimes the lighting is just right.
E9963CB1-1425-4559-A5C5-94DAD4429CA8.jpeg

Had to go to the store for dog food ingredients and then to Verizon so they could apparently delete all my photos. Really, just trying to get an issue fixed and they reset it and deleted everything.

It's really been a day off for me which is nice! Tonight, I'm listening to Ella Fitzgerald and Louie Armstrong on Pandora and talking to you folks! Great way to spend a New Years Eve! Happy New Year!

Been fighting the same crud I've had since Dec 7th since Saturday. Came back around the third time. But feeling some better today. So I blew all the work I had planned for the long weekend totally.
This evening some friends of ours came back from visiting family in Florida. They parked their car at the house while they were gone. Picked them up at the airport and had supper with them. Great time with some really good people. They do the same lifestyle a lot on here do. So we always have good discussion about many topics. Gardening is usually high on the list.

Been fighting the same crud I've had since Dec 7th since Saturday. Came back around the third time. But feeling some better today. So I blew all the work I had planned for the long weekend totally.
This evening some friends of ours came back from visiting family in Florida. They parked their car at the house while they were gone. Picked them up at the airport and had supper with them. Great time with some really good people. They do the same lifestyle a lot on here do. So we always have good discussion about many topics. Gardening is usually high on the list.
BacP I hope you get rid of that bug and this is the last round. Get well soon.:huggs:Hubby heard on radio its going around now.

I hope so. Luckily wife hasn't caught it from me. Talked to mom last night, she and step dad and my BIL have all got a little of it. Hope that don't hit them so hard.

Oh my me too. I know daughter and her grandkids have had something but it didn't last long thank goodness . She has her hands full eith those kids.

Had to go to the store for dog food ingredients and then to Verizon so they could apparently delete all my photos. Really, just trying to get an issue fixed and they reset it and deleted everything.

It's really been a day off for me which is nice! Tonight, I'm listening to Ella Fitzgerald and Louie Armstrong on Pandora and talking to you folks! Great way to spend a New Years Eve! Happy New Year!

Snap, sounds good, I'm tring to stay awake.

I haven’t posted in this thread in a few days, mostly from lack of sleep… so much has happened. Some of it was hysterical… like the night (or morning) about 1am that dad woke up when one of his meds wore off. Physically he was energetic but his mind was foggy from his other meds.

He got into his wheel chair, he’s rolling up and down the hall looking in every room in the house. I’m in my drawers and slippers trying to get him corralled and back into his recliner where he sleeps. He was looking for money he wanted me to hide except he couldn’t remember where he put it! It took 30 minutes for me to help find it and get him out of the wheel chair and get his meds.

I could see his point, the cash needed to be hidden but not at 1am! :rolleyes: It was a quarterly payment on the herd of cattle and another year’s lease on 90 acres from his grtgrndson, not exactly chump change.

7 hours later he finally got his spinal block from the doctors. For the first time in 2 months he was pain free. I could even hear the ease in his breathing when he slept. I had an MRI 3 hours after his appointment. Others had to take dad to his appointment, he couldn’t sit in my truck for 3 hours waiting on me. My scan went off with out a hitch, don’t know the results yet.

@Patchouli I hate to say what I did today. I’d bought dad a lever lockset (replacing a round knob) for their main entrance. He and mom both have arthritis in their hands and wrists. The new lockset went in without a hitch. Getting the old one out was a different story. It was from the 60’s made by WesLock, a cheap piece of junk I had to cut out with my Dremel tool.

That project is done. I put a new door knob on my herb room door also and installed two more hand rails to help mom and dad get into and out of their shower.

I spent the rest of today watching college bowl games and shopping for a new stove at the big box store online. Most of their appliances are marked down 40% (last years models). I found one at a good price, marked down about $370, a 5 burner model. I’ll order it Thursday. Delivery is free but I have to buy the conversion kit to LP.

I’ll be up for the new year but not because I want too. Dad will wake up sometime between 1 and 3 for a pill. The doc wanted to wait and see how this spine block is doing before changing his medicine schedule.

Happy new year everyone!:)

Last edited:
I haven’t posted in this thread in a few days, mostly from lack of sleep… so much has happened. Some of it was hysterical… like the night (or morning) about 1am that dad woke up when one of his meds wore off. Physically he was energetic but his mind was foggy from his other meds.

He got into his wheel chair, he’s rolling up and down the hall looking in every room in the house. I’m in my drawers and slippers trying to get him corralled and back into his recliner where he sleeps. He was looking for money he wanted me to hide except he couldn’t remember where he put it! It took 30 minutes for me to help find it and get him out of the wheel chair and get his meds.

I could see his point, the cash needed to be hidden but not at 1am! :rolleyes: It was a quarterly payment on the herd of cattle and another year’s lease on 90 acres from his grtgrndson, not exactly chump change.

7 hours later he finally got his spinal block from the doctors. For the first time in 2 months he was pain free. I could even hear the ease in his breathing when he slept. I had an MRI 3 hours after his appointment. Others had to take dad to his appointment, he couldn’t sit in my truck for 3 hours waiting on me. My scan went off with out a hitch, don’t know the results yet.

@Patchouli I hate to say what I did today. I’d bought dad a lever lockset (replacing a round knob) for their main entrance. He and mom both have arthritis in their hands and wrists. The new lockset went in without a hitch. Getting the old one out was a different story. It was from the 60’s made by WesLock, a cheap piece a junk I had to cut out with my Dremel tool.

That project is done. I put a new door knob on my herb room door also and installed two more hand rails to help mom and dad get into and out of their shower.

I spent the rest of today watching college bowl games and shopping for a new stove at the big box store online. Most of their appliances are marked down 40% (last years models). I found one at a good price, marked down about $370, a 5 burner model. I’ll order it Thursday. Delivery is free but I have to buy the conversion kit to LP.

I’ll be up for the new year but not because I want too. Dad will wake up sometime between 1 and 3 for a pill. The doc wanted to wait and see how this spine block is doing before changing his medicine schedule.

Happy New Year Peanut. Hope things calm down for you soon. Glad your dad finally got relief from the pain. Now for you to get some rest.

@Patchouli I hate to say what I did today. I’d bought dad a lever lockset (replacing a round knob) for their main entrance. He and mom both have arthritis in their hands and wrists. The new lockset went in without a hitch. Getting the old one out was a different story. It was from the 60’s made by WesLock, a cheap piece a junk I had to cut out with my Dremel tool.

Peanut glad your dad is better and found his money. I like you and your mule avatar! Hope test come back good on mri. Have a good one I'm trying to stay up but yawning lot.
:huggs:Hubby saaid I hug happy,haha. We both wish all a HAPPY NEW YEAR . I let him come on here now and then. He hates when I talk politic so I have to be on guard when he is here.

@Peanut thank you, too bad you're not closer, I'd ask ya to come on by for a sip of non-alcohol sparkly stuff and get ya to fix the door knob.
You had to use your Dremel tool? I have a Dremel tool. I looked up a bunch of different videos on "how to" but too bad so sad, none for my situation. Please share with me how you removed it. You can p.m. or e.m. me.
You're so good to take care of your folks.
@Spikedriver a walk home is better than a drive. I had a very bad accident once late at night on black ice.

My doorknob was unlocked, yet door won't open. Took both knobs off. Can't figure this out.
Have asked 2 smart guys but nothing works.
:(

Take the pins out of the hinges

Apparently the universe is dead set on my not leaving town over the holiday season. Just as we were setting out this morning icy roads caused a pretty serious accident on the interstate right in our path. We jumped over to a highway but they were even worse. On my own I would have made the trip, but with a car full of kiddos I decided to err on the side of caution. No sooner did I call my parents when they told me that their local sheriff's office was advising no travel due to icy roads in their area. So it is what it is. We will just wait a few more weeks and try again. As my Dad said: 'thus is the nature of living in this amazing land of snow and cold'. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The watering hole was already closed at 10:30. What kind of tavern closes before midnight on New Year's Eve? Ha! My town is lame...

Instead, I am at home watching a Schwarzenegger movie, and eating popcorn.

Happy New Years, everybody...

Spike, lots of bars are closing. Nobody goes to them much anymore to drink, most go to sit stoned on drugs or text on phones instead of ordering alcohol. Our little town bar use to be packed as was the dinner club part of it. Now its going out of business.

Got the pins out of the top and bottom hinges, but the middle hinge seems to have identical pins on top and bottom and I can't tap it out. Seems like a security feature.
Can you get a flat head screw driver (with or without the help of a hammer) between the hinge and the head of the pin to get it started?

Me too, had a eventful morning at machine shop with old truck engine pistons,rigs,etc,etc,et,

So I got out a cold mug, popped a top of " medicine " about to dancercize and scair hubby.:ghostly:

Engine piston and rings sound like a very eventful morning,I love working on vehicles.

Back