What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chopped garlic, onion, horseradish, peppers, ginger.....lots of it soaking in good apple cider vinegar. For four weeks. Then, strain out the chunks and the tonic is the liquid.
Perfect! Sounds a little bit like another tonic I use. Like they say, it's good for what ails ya! And, nothing bad can live in the presence of such ingredients.

That's good to hear, Hiwall. I do hope that we have improved tech for remote communications after this. I really hope they make better internet available in rural areas, but I think that is not going to happen anytime soon. My sister is in Albuquerque and is working from home.
My town had it's first death from Covid-19 (that we know of). Oakdale inmate dies from Coronavirus

Patient might have lived if taken to a different hospital. The local one absolutely sucks. The staff there are nicer than the older ones that used to be there, but some of the doctors are not very competent & people who don't have insurance get treated like garbage.

Made the trip to Samsclub in LC. They had only one case of the water we usually get so got 4 cases of the smaller bottles & picked up some Mucinex for my brother.

Thunderstorm going on right now so about to lose internet.

Got both gardens tilled and planted in the last two days. One in front yard and one in back both about 12 X 40. Had to fence the back one to keep dogs out. Will plant Contender Green Bush beans today and then wait for the Cherry tomato starts to grow.

I hope to take it easy and just do some eBay listing today and maybe make some biscuits or some kind of baking.
Our Church is live streaming at 10:30 and I hope to have exercise videos done by then.

See most here are doing ok and we are glad of that.:)
So far we are ok except a little stir crazy in spurts mostly early AM so we get up when we wake up feel batter after waking up as time goes by.
Getting busy helps alot.

@Haertig I apologize for wising off in post,seems it was more failure to communicate than anythign else.:peace:

Followed my normal Sunday routine except we watched a prerecorded church service online. Our normal church service runs about 3 hours when you add in bible study, worship, sermon, fellowship, etc. The online service was 60 minutes so it feels like it should be later in the day.

Have a roast beef in the slow cooker, which will eventually become philly cheese-steak stuffed green peppers.

Otherwise I am going to be l-a-z-y today.

I pay church tithe on a monthly schedule. Church is debt free, on a budget and has some cash reserves. This is the second Sunday with no in-house service, Staff and overhead to pay, I figured they might need it now instead of a per month basis. 9 months left in the year x $ = $$. I rounded it up and sent a check to the church.

I'm awake & sneezing. Woke up coughing & had to pop a cough drop in my mouth. They last longer when I'm trying to sleep and I have to remember to wake up and move them to another side of my mouth from time to time. My one-eyed cat has been sitting on me. She normally demands attention, but she seems happy to just sit on me right now.

My unlucky friend said he found termites at the front of his house. Wonder how much the pest control place charges & how dangerous the poison is to pets. There are some cats outside-- and some stray dogs that showed up bc people dump their pets.

I'm hoping I'll feel better today & will be able to get something done. I did some cleaning yesterday & Mom actually noticed & thanked me. Gonna try to get my brother to help me with some stuff but might be like pulling taffy.

I'm awake & sneezing. Woke up coughing & had to pop a cough drop in my mouth. They last longer when I'm trying to sleep and I have to remember to wake up and move them to another side of my mouth from time to time. My one-eyed cat has been sitting on me. She normally demands attention, but she seems happy to just sit on me right now.

My unlucky friend said he found termites at the front of his house. Wonder how much the pest control place charges & how dangerous the poison is to pets. There are some cats outside-- and some stray dogs that showed up bc people dump their pets.

I'm hoping I'll feel better today & will be able to get something done. I did some cleaning yesterday & Mom actually noticed & thanked me. Gonna try to get my brother to help me with some stuff but might be like pulling taffy.

Zanne, it may be pollen down here its really bad, in Georgia count is highest its ever benn,braking records. My daughter is having fits with it too, I sip on coffee and it helps me.

Just got home from taking Winter to the vet. She has a badly cracked/broken tooth and needs it removed. We saw the vet for the assessment back in February. Today was for Winnie's blood work before the surgery. Everything was set up for 2 weeks from now but when the vet called last week to see if I still wanted to go through with the surgery I asked for an earlier appointment if possible. I got an appointment for Wednesday so I needed to take her in asap for the blood work.

Most would say its not a necessity but my pup is bleeding when she chews on soft dog chews. She still eats but has lost a bunch of weight (almost too much considering she was overweight when she saw the vet in February.).

Everyone seems to be keeping their distance but I see some people taking things too far. One lady I saw when I was loading Winter back into the wagon was taking PPE too far! She had a spit mask (non N95 paper accordion mask) and was wiping her arms from hand to shoulder with hand sanitizer. Then she sprayed herself down with lysol spray! Head to toe! Overkill!

Meerkat, the pollen is insane and I literally live in the woods. I'm surrounded by pine, oak, pecan, and all sorts of trees. The blackberries vines are blooming (and creeping up on the porch). I used to not have a problem with pollen but now it's really getting to me. I don't drink coffee-- I can't have caffeine. It gives me arrhythmia-- which, for some reason I'm having right now.

Haertig, LOL! My Mom likes to joke that the cat is winking at me. She had to get her left eye removed when she was a kitten (the cat, not my Mom). :p
Gingerapr2018.jpg

Grimm, I hope Winter's surgery will go smoothly. Dental problems in pets can be awful.

I think I finally fixed the toilet flushing problem with some advice from the plumbingforums. My flapper had some settings on it and I needed to adjust them to get the best flush. It seems to be flushing better now and the tank is no longer leaking. I think there was a problem with how the flapper was shutting before & it was letting the water drain out but bc I have a water-saving fill valve, it didn't refill automatically. It has a leak-guard thing to prevent it from constantly refilling if there is a leak.

Meerkat, the pollen is insane and I literally live in the woods. I'm surrounded by pine, oak, pecan, and all sorts of trees. The blackberries vines are blooming (and creeping up on the porch). I used to not have a problem with pollen but now it's really getting to me. I don't drink coffee-- I can't have caffeine. It gives me arrhythmia-- which, for some reason I'm having right now.

Haertig, LOL! My Mom likes to joke that the cat is winking at me. She had to get her left eye removed when she was a kitten (the cat, not my Mom). :p
View attachment 38333

Grimm, I hope Winter's surgery will go smoothly. Dental problems in pets can be awful.

I think I finally fixed the toilet flushing problem with some advice from the plumbingforums. My flapper had some settings on it and I needed to adjust them to get the best flush. It seems to be flushing better now and the tank is no longer leaking. I think there was a problem with how the flapper was shutting before & it was letting the water drain out but bc I have a water-saving fill valve, it didn't refill automatically. It has a leak-guard thing to prevent it from constantly refilling if there is a leak.

Zanne, hope you get better fast! An if not coffee maybe just some steamy drink to help you.

View attachment 38333

Hopefully Winter's blood work comes back okay.

I think I need stronger allergy meds. Maybe a nice warm bowl of chicken noodle soup will help. I don't like stuff too hot.
Seeing a Gilda Radner reference made my day. Man, she was hilarious!
I love the Blues Brothers too! I miss the days when actors being able to sing and dance was the norm. Now people seem surprised if an actor can sing & dance or if a singer can act.
Speaking of music/singing, Frodo introduced me to The Hu music & I love it. They have a new album out.
Here's one of their songs

Ugg, spent all day working on my wife's main computer to get sort of working, well i decided to reinstall the operating system in after dinner, well its not liking that at all, so I'm installing a version of linux on it so i can get the had drive changed so that windows will install properly, and for those of you wondering how I'm typing this, I'm using my raspberry pi computer lol

Strawberry hs been out the required number of times today.
She even got to lay out in the sun with grin on her little face.
Been working on block #5 of 6 of cross stitch quilt top.
Finished block # 5 and started on block # 6.
Have tenatively picked out sashing color of medium green.
This quilt top will be twin size.
Hopefully will finish cross stitching block #6 tomorrow.
Then on to next step, sashing,batting, backing and finally binding.
Will wrap it in Christmas paper in couple of weeks.
Made a pot of chicken, vegetable soup(leftovers), it was pretty good.
Will have to cook tomorrow.
Going to rest for awhile, then will go off to bed.
I'm tired.
While Strawberry is outside so am I knitting a blacket for Christmas too.
My hands are always busy.

Back