What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We made it back from the Salmon River Sunday evening, unpacked, showered and crashed! It was fun, but the kind of break that you need a vacation from your vacation. Monday hubby worked over 14 hrs and I worked over 10. Today was only slightly shorter. Since returning I’ve done 3 loads of wash, mowed lawn, pulled the garlic, washed the ice chests, vacuumed and slept like a rock! Trying to catch up and am about whooped. Already looking forward to the weekend.

I've been busy reorganizing and deep cleaning this place. I gave birth in March so I missed out on the spring cleaning and just now able to really spend the time and catch up! Feels great! My parents are driving into town from SD. They left today, will stay the night somewhere in Wyoming, and arrive tomorrow. They've only seen the baby when she was brand new so we are all very excited! I also have lined up showings of houses with acreage of usable land. Ideally I would like us all (my little yet growing family and my parents) to live on the same land. Maybe different houses. This will be a good start to get an idea of what we want. Not sure if we will actually end up in Utah or SD. I plan to explore several possibilities.

Congrats on the new munchkin! We love baby pictures here, fyi.

I would love to have more. Just a tad too old and health is not the best to have more. My youngest and last one will be 4 in September. She is my little Juju Bee.

We visited my folks over the weekend. The girls and I got back noon yesterday and have been cleaning since we got back. Today was laundry. I still have mine to do but I got a bunch of dishes done and the girls' laundry is done and put away.

We are going back to my folks' this weekend to help them pack up my dad's library. They are having some new bookcases made and are giving us the old barrister style ones. With these I might have enough for all my books even after I purged a few before the move back in November. So the new bookcases will be ready at the end of the month just after the floors in the house are redone. That means if I want the old ones I have to pack up the books and take them before then. My folks have been trying to get us to take their lazyboys too. Seriously! :rolleyes:

So far this morning I went to the grocery store. Picked up some sales on meat
Picked green beans and sweet peppers
Had breakfast
Now I have to water the containers on the back deck
Do dishes
Fold and put away some laundry
Later I'll snap the green beans for supper
Yesterday hubby signed up for the Homestead Act here in WV. If you're 65 or older you can get a break on your property taxes. Takes effect next year since he didn't turn 65 earlier in the year and sign up for it in time for this year.

Boxing some of the items I'm taking in the kitchen, which is not much, giving alot of it away this weekend. Going through round two of what to box from our closets and cabinets in general, and what we don't need for the next five days. Hopefully daughter will come to visit today. Granddaughter having her friend spend the night tonight.

I would love to have more. Just a tad too old and health is not the best to have more. My youngest and last one will be 4 in September. She is my little Juju Bee.

: )))))) Aren't they the best?! I want 5! At least!
She's my sweet angel. She's always been very alert and calm.
1594219758824.jpeg
1594219858919.png

"Selling" plasma for 1st time and my veins are horrible. Lol
I did that way back in the 70's. Got a whole $7 each time lol I lived on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches lol

Ah to be that young again...*sigh*

I did that way back in the 70's. Got a whole $7 each time lol I lived on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches lol

Ah to be that young again...*sigh*
Wow the price for new donors is 70 the first time if you keep donating regularly they will give you $600 for the total of your first 9 donations. Win win help others and get money.

Feel pretty good after yesterday's blood work
So got up, dressed, coffee(ah bliss coffee).
After Strawberry was walked by dog walker for an hour.
Took off went laundrymat.
Got everything washed and dried for the most part.
My t shirts are hung on shower curtain rod to dry.
Will be folding and putting everything else away in a bit.
Just resting now watching my feet swell.
Working on sea horse block now.
Went to date night last night.
Won enough to play next week.
Life is quite at this given moment in the neighborhood.
We'll see how long that last this time around.

We made it back from the Salmon River Sunday evening, unpacked, showered and crashed! It was fun, but the kind of break that you need a vacation from your vacation. Monday hubby worked over 14 hrs and I worked over 10. Today was only slightly shorter. Since returning I’ve done 3 loads of wash, mowed lawn, pulled the garlic, washed the ice chests, vacuumed and slept like a rock! Trying to catch up and am about whooped. Already looking forward to the weekend.

Glad you got away for awhile LadyL. Also glad your back.

: )))))) Aren't they the best?! I want 5! At least!
She's my sweet angel. She's always been very alert and calm.

The fastest way to be the most popular on the forum is by posting lots of baby pictures!

This is my Roo. She was 6 months old when I first found this group online. She will be 9 in October.
thumbnail_Image.jpg

This is Juju. She will be 4 in September.
thumbnail_Image-2.jpg

The fastest way to be the most popular on the forum is by posting lots of baby pictures!

This is my Roo. She was 6 months old when I first found this group online. She will be 9 in October.
View attachment 46130

View attachment 46131

OMG..
I've got pics of them in archive .
Can not believe how they have grown...and gorgeous.

Jim

View attachment 46130

View attachment 46131

Precious , but like my great grands can't see the face with glasses on.
I haven't seen these kids since Thanksgivingso don't know how their looks have changed since then and with glasses on still didn't know what they looked till I ask for a pic without toon faces ,glasses or stickers,lol.

1594233930284.png

Last edited:
Precious , but like my great grands can't see the face with glasses on.
I haven't seen these kids since Thanksgivingso don't know how their looks have changed since then and with glasses on still didn't know what they looked till I ask for a pic without toon faces ,glasses or stickers,lol.

View attachment 46139

I just noticed something else too, these kids don't know how to sit espcially in a picture! I've got to have a talk to the graandkids these are the ones daughter has custody over with Tarzan on the end.

Today we started off the morning with cleaning the local RSL club as volunteers and got home and had a nice warm showers to clean ourselves.

We then had a doctors appointment for DH in town (132km odd round trip) as they had the results back from his knee scan and it appears he has bone rubbing on bone and swelling. Not really much they can do apart from panadol but will ask if they can do say a knee reconstruction ?. While we were there DH picked up more paracetamol from the chemist and I ordered a years supply of my thyroid medication to pick up later in the month.

From there we headed to the shopping centre where we had lunch using DH's DVA meal allowance. Next stop was picking up our click and collect grocery order. Most stuff was there we ordered but they were out of a bit of tinned fruit and wet cat food we ordered.

Got in the car and headed home where we packed away the cold groceries into the fridge and freezer and fed the cat.

Just relaxing now and will watch my favourite shows on TV and then fold up the 4 loads of clean laundry and put them away. Shall put on the drip irrigation for the gardens and hand water the potted fruit trees with saved rainwater shortly. Another nice warm shower after shopping is on the cards.

Last edited:
Staying inside today. Heat index in the triple digits. ugh
Did water what containers needed it early this morning
Chopped more sweet peppers to freeze
Next batch that grow I want to dehydrate for longer storage
Just plan on reading
Making supper
And just hanging out

Staying inside today. Heat index in the triple digits. ugh
Did water what containers needed it early this morning
Chopped more sweet peppers to freeze
Next batch that grow I want to dehydrate for longer storage
Just plan on reading
Making supper
And just hanging out

Heat here is bad too plus humidity of course.
Not sure what we will do today,plans seem to go out the door anymore.
At least things have slowed down and gotten better for daughter and her grandkids pat week she has been basicall kid free. She will have her first 11 days next Sunday when they coem back.She is loving it.
Hoping and praying granddaughter gets back custody soon. Those kids and her youngest 15 yr old " grown " son have done a number on her past few yeara, Even her voice has changed and she looks tired..

Today we started off the morning with cleaning the local RSL club as volunteers and got home and had a nice warm showers to clean ourselves.

We then had a doctors appointment for DH in town (132km odd round trip) as they had the results back from his knee scan and it appears he has bone rubbing on bone and swelling. Not really much they can do apart from panadol but will ask if they can do say a knee reconstruction ?. While we were there DH picked up more paracetamol from the chemist and I ordered a years supply of my thyroid medication to pick up later in the month.

From there we headed to the shopping centre where we had lunch using DH's DVA meal allowance. Next stop was picking up our click and collect grocery order. Most stuff was there we ordered but they were out of a bit of tinned fruit and wet cat food we ordered.

Got in the car and headed home where we packed away the cold groceries into the fridge and freezer and fed the cat.

Just relaxing now and will watch my favourite shows on TV and then fold up the 4 loads of clean laundry and put them away. Shall put on the drip irrigation for the gardens and hand water the potted fruit trees with saved rainwater shortly. Another nice warm shower after shopping is on the cards.

Sewing, hope your hubbys knee can be taken care of without too drastic approach, now and then mine goes out but so far ok.

Trying to find out why our motorcycle wasn't picked up for transport yesterday. Husband is taking care of that, I am packing. Problem is, husband and kids are not happy about the packing. They are thinking alot of things can wait till the last minute. It is the last minute. We leave early morning in 4 more days. Last pod comes tomorrow. Help with anything we don't want comes tomorrow. Planned meals: hamburgers tonight, frozen pizzas tomorrow, Saturday I will put pork roast in crockpot for sandwiches to eat with the help here. The rest of the pots/pans/dishes need to be packed. Kitchen will be closed. That is what is making everyone unhappy.

I just noticed something else too, these kids don't know how to sit espcially in a picture! I've got to have a talk to the graandkids these are the ones daughter has custody over with Tarzan on the end.
Honestly, I don't think anyone noticed until you said something! They're just young 'uns. Don't know any better yet. I had the same discussions with mine after seeing some crappy family photos. lol
But they sure are beautiful kids, Meer. Look like you probably with that blonde hair!

Wife says we are going to meat market to stock up on more meat.

I'm ok with that.
But, ground beef at $9lb...ain't happening.

Pork and chicken may be on my list.

Jim
I know! Thats why I use ground pork or chicken or turkey now in a lot of recipes that calls for beef. Stores also seem to put those 3 on sale more so than beef

Latest posts

Back