What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, but have heard that Jersey milk is too rich or creamy for commercial processing.

Something to do with pasteurizing.

:dunno:

Jim
Because it's better milk and doesn't work well with their processing to render it unnatural, chalky, liquid that lasts for a month 😫

My girlfriend, her daughter and her boyfriend all had it. I checked on getting tested but didn't have any effects so they wouldn't test me. But they said I would of had it being in the house with them. They said I could get the shot if you didn't have any effects. Now my girlfriend doctor is making her wait 6 weeks. If she doesn't get it she will losses her job

I'm getting better. The shot is worst than being exposed

I love living in Pa. Not scared to do something new
That's awful you had the virus. My sister and her husband had it too. She thought she had a really bad sinus infection (plus a sore throat). They gave her an antibiotic! and told her to take everything everybody else is saying to take. My daughter's co-workers have ALL been sick and she hasn't gotten it. 🤔
Pennsylvania is hilly, and I like hills. It was a beautiful area we lived in.
I've got stuff I should have been working on, signing off for now. Have to work tomorrow morning and into the afternoon so I won't get to see another boring "inauguration". Curious to see how that's going to work out, AREN'T WE ALL?
Stay safe.

Find a new job! It's not worth the risk unless you are old and infirmed. No employer has the power to force you to take an experimental drug.

Take the other vaccine not the first one that came out. You still have a choice.
I would choose to leave rather than risk the side effects.

I went to the post office and grocery store. They were out of stew meat. Ran in to a friend who works at Walmart while looking for stew meat and had a few laughs. He's got a great sense of humor.
Came straight home & unloaded groceries. On a lark I asked my brother to pick out steaks.
Mom was hungry when we got home and asked if we happened to get steaks. We don't get them often, but fortunately we had them this time. I cooked one for her and ate some chicken while she ate steak.
I'm waiting for it to be 45minutes after taking my thyroid meds so I can go eat some strawberry banana yogurt.
Frodo's posts on another forum about his new sewing machine got me wondering about how to make leather face masks so I'm looking up info on that.
I've never even seen a Kohl's store. There's a Bed Bath & Beyond an hour away. Prices are always very high & they don't have a lot of stuff in stock locally.
Took some pics of a few of my cats on the new mats Mom got for them.
Currently buried under cats & planning to sleep after I eat yogurt.

Today is January 20, so I will be off-line from 10:30 till around 13:00. This morning I am canceling my FACEBOOK and NETFLIX accounts. Will be working around the house part of the morning, might look into buying a "my Pillow" before I shut every thing down for the day.

I checked on line and found a G25 code for my pillow, they were still expensive @$34, but that is buying directly from my pillow. I am in the mood to cutout the liberal middle men. I also found the company that makes the grow lights that I have purchased on amazon, will be buying them directly in the future (may have to pay shipping)

I checked on line and found a G25 code for my pillow, they were still expensive @$34, but that is buying directly from my pillow.
I am in the mood to cutout the liberal middle men.
I also found the company that makes the grow lights that I have purchased on amazon, will be buying them directly in the future (may have to pay shipping)

Just finished deleting my FB account and blocking notifications from them in my e-mail.

Well I have hit Netflix, left them a message so they can understand it:
1611151743660.png

They just changed the rules an employer can fire you if you refuse it. They can refuse unemployment benefits if she doesn't get it.
Hi and welcome.

I don't normally follow this thread, but was curious on what folks were doing on this day. I saw your thread. Just to be clear, when an employee signs up for unemployment benefits, they will receive those benefits as long as they have been with the company long enough to qualify for benefits, which isn't long. An employer can dispute the claim AFTER it has been filed. If their attempt to deny benefits is approved by the agency (which is unlikely), the dispute then goes before a judge if the employee appeals the agency's decision. Then that dispute needs to be decided by a judge, likely in a phone proceeding. The employee is provided a lawyer by the unemployment agency free of charge, as is the employer. There is typically a phone proceeding with both the employer, employee, each of their lawyers, and the judge. It's pretty painless for all involved. You just basically sit there and let the lawyers fight it out and keep quiet unless the judge calls on you to comment. The courts typically bend in favor or the employee. I'd think that is likely more-so now with the high number of unemployed out there through no fault of their own. I think you'd have a solid case, especially considering HIPAA protections. So, if this person is fired, sign up for benefits! It is possible those benefits would have to be paid back, but very unlikely.

Is the fight worth it? I definitely think so. If nobody stands up to the machine.......we are all doomed. If this is allowed to go on......where does it stop? Answer......it doesn't!

Homeschooling
Just finished my part with my son this morning, he's on his own this afternoon, and I have lesson planning.

No TV/Media today
But I will make an exception and listen to the radio if a certain talk show host is on today. ;) Sadly, I think that days with this talk show host are numbered. :( (hence the reason for my exception)

Clutter clearing/cleaning
Our house is a total chaotic mess. Has been for a long time. Truth is, it's embarrassing. But I'm really driven to let go of the old (physically and metaphorically), and allow space for the new.

Work on septic paperwork for the new house (which I should have done already :rolleyes: )

Figure out dinner (I really dislike figuring out dinner every night, lol - need to fix that)

Make more bread! :D

Talking to daughter who hates Pretty Bird the crow. He left her a message yesterday about how rude she is ,he was clicking and crowing at same time, She hates crows and he is always loud in the a.m if his treat is late. Said she use to hear beautiful sound of wild song birds now jusst ugly crowing. I called and Pretty Bird left her a message on phone.She laughrd this morning about it " I can't beleive you let that ugly bird leave me that message".

Doctoring old dog Molly who has blood in stool, vet appt, Friday but hubby said he will not let them take her inside without him . so see if vet will come out to van or let hubby go in.
Washing aka hoseing down front porch.Being careful with knee while working.

Today is January 20, so I will be off-line from 10:30 till around 13:00. This morning I am canceling my FACEBOOK and NETFLIX accounts. Will be working around the house part of the morning, might look into buying a "my Pillow" before I shut every thing down for the day.

Got rid of Netflix a few years ago,FBook banned me months ago,

Today,
NO NEWS at all.
Coffee was good.
Andy and Barney ...great.
Watching the movie Unbroken.

Waiting to hear about MRI appointment.

Trying to figure what we're gonna do for lunch.

Waiting on FedEx to deliver new humidifier .

One if ours bit the dust.

God be with all today.

Jim

We ordered the personal size vaporizer you suggested they sent wrong one, the big one. So I bought the personal one Monday ,pricewent up to $44.00 at Publix Drug Store.Had to buy BP monitor too for another $40.

Strawberry has been acting like a puppy this morning.
She's been chewing and chasing a nursery flower pot.
The semi gentle breeze blew it in front of her.
So she decided to play with it this morning.
She spent about 30 minutes outside running with flower pot in her teeth.
She's grinning.
Bathroom floor got scrubbed with floor machine.
All the floors have been dusted.
Three of the floors have been scrubbed with floor machine.
Got a dab of dishes to do, but going eat first, rest.
Got to go get coffee, have enough for 3 more pots.
Going to make Wal*Mart order go pick it up.
Will have to cook something today.
Just not sure what.

Latest posts

Back